Why can't Paladins dual wield

shields?

It seems like it would be the best way to tank. Plus you'd get cool new abilities like double shield bash, double shield throw etc.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Because it's silly?

Has there ever been a real world fighting style to base it off of?
Reply Quote
idk any real world people that fight using shadow magic
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
obv you've never been banished to the shadow realm
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
But then we wouldn't be able to use Crusader Strike. It requires a weapon.

Also, this is a ridiculous idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mojong 2016
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
This is what, the millionth thread on this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/5hAMLX5.jpg
Reply Quote
Arise thread!

You can crusader shield strike obviously.

Blizzard really needs to get on this asap
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Get out....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Dual wield gnomes! Each holding two murlocs! Combat sounds would be epic.

But two Bulwarks of Azzinoth would be pretty sweet. That shield might as well count as a mace/shield combo as it is :D

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8161/dwsield2cq9.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/17/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Has there ever been a real world fighting style to base it off of?

Tron:Legacy.

Tron had dual-wield data disks. I imagine it could be something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shields would have to become weapons first, which is an interesting idea. GW2 has shields as weapons (they have their own damage stats), and any shield-based attacks go off the shield's damage. But of course they still only go in the off-hand in that game. Dual-wielding them would probably look pretty silly.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/17/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Mojong
idk any real world people that fight using shadow magic

Curses, Hex's, Satanic rituals, all forms of shadow/dark magic, believed by many. While I keep mostly to myself and believe it if I see it, I still find all these forms credit worthy. Especially considering my dog died the next day after finding a satanic ritual site (ran off found him in it) of some extremely rare disease that acts as a plague on animals, thus forcing us to cremate him,...

MANY people may not believe in supernatural, but your own experiences tell you what you believe in, and for me, they definitely exist to some degree; not saying voodoo or curses by using weird stupid cooking ingredients have any thing to rely on but some cases may prove their points.

02/18/2013 09:41 AMPosted by Keten
Shields would have to become weapons first, which is an interesting idea. GW2 has shields as weapons (they have their own damage stats), and any shield-based attacks go off the shield's damage. But of course they still only go in the off-hand in that game. Dual-wielding them would probably look pretty silly.

Realistically, the problem is having a shield is having a form of blocking area, but that same area is kept closer to your body and disables certain movement, hence why big bulky shields cause you to move slower and have less sight on your enemy. Now putting this on both sides of you and expecting you to maintain some form of combat would be fairly ridiculous as your movement and sight are impeded on both sides.

The counter to this problem however is to have two small shields, but then that opens a whole new problem itself, as a shield bash from a small shield might have some effect, it is nothing compared to that of being slammed by a shield up to half your height or even taller.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, shields wouldn't really have that great of a damage capacity (outside of spikes or other implements stuck on them). Unlike another blunt weapon like a mace, which sends the entire force of impact into a small area, shields would spread the force of impact through their entire frame, so even larger shields wouldn't do near as much damage (possibly even less than a smaller shield, although they'd have more weight behind them). They'd be better for knocking the opponent off their feet and maybe breaking some ribs in the process if you can put enough force into it. Dual-wielding shields would give you a lot of defense but not much offense.

Of course in a numbers game like WoW that doesn't really have anything to do with how much damage they'd deal (Shield Slam does way more damage than Prot warriors' weapon attacks).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In regards to axe's,Sword's, etc...

I think it is a valid question..In my opinion they should be able to.

Paladins were warriors in real life...check it out...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin

Matter of fact Paladins should be able to deal the most damage above and beyond
any other class.....:<)

On another note...shields..wow great idea...

Think about special abilities with a shield, holding down key with shield up in the air
adsorbs all in coming damage, no we are controlling damage by keys presses instead of
already set abilities... this I like!!!! this would be amazing....
Edited by Swordslayer on 2/18/2013 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For times when duel wielding shields are cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU&feature=player_detailpage#t=368s
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I WANT TO DUAL WEILD WANDS. !@#$ THE HATERS, YO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]