Mage or shadow Priest in 5.2 arena?

have both of them in lvl 89, and was wondering what would be better in PvP and regular BGs?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Id have to say mage.. spriest are not so great in ptr. You could also try out both on ptr.
Reply Quote
how are mages doing in ptr?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/18/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Jixeronek
Id have to say mage.. spriest are not so great in ptr. You could also try out both on ptr.

lol?

I would say priest because you can do both roles. Spriests are NOT weak on the ptr.

play whatever is more fun, though.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

I would say priest because you can do both roles.

You cannot effectively heal in DPS gear or vice versa. I can assure you that if you play a Priest you will still end up performing only one role.

To answer the thread title: Mage
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Spriests provide enough healing in PvP gear to dramatically impact the match while still doing good burst.

They are one of the best 2s partner any class can have in double dps.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
You cannot effectively heal in DPS gear or vice versa. I can assure you that if you play a Priest you will still end up performing only one role.

So.. you buy... two sets.

Which you will be able to get honor for next season after purchasing enough cq gear.
Edited by Xiun on 2/18/2013 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ill be doing 2s with 2 friends(1 at the time...) , they got a ret pally, lock, and a healing monk... Does that change anything?
Reply Quote
Whichever is more fun. They'll both be plenty viable.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
02/18/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Xiun

So.. you buy... two sets.

Which you will be able to get honor for next season after purchasing enough cq gear.

GL always being a tier behind in gear then.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/18/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Guerrerito
Ill be doing 2s with 2 friends(1 at the time...) , they got a ret pally, lock, and a healing monk... Does that change anything?

I would say preist then. you can chose to go double dps, or dps/heals. As a mage, you'd have to be double dps constantly.

But if you're really just doing 2s pick whats more fun. 2s don't really matter that much tbh.

02/18/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Multicidez
GL always being a tier behind in gear then.

Wow. No.

You get your shadow set, yay.

Oh you got that cq gear, now you can buy the same ilvl set for healing with honor points, yay.

now you're on par with both, yay.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Wow. No.

You get your shadow set, yay.

Oh you got that cq gear, now you can buy the same ilvl set for healing with honor points, yay.

now you're on par with both, yay.

Untrue.

By the time you can buy conquest gear with honor you can buy Elite conquest gear with Conquest.

Next season, Elite conquest gear is a higher item level than normal conquest gear.

Ergo, one of your sets will be behind because it will be normal and not Elite.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
That's not how I understood it.

But honestly the guy is only doing 2s, so I don't think it matters in the long run.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Why are you trying to explain something you do not understand. It seems you would be better off reading instead of posting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]