FPS Tanked -- again

90 Blood Elf Mage
I have a 2012 Retina MacBook Pro. 16 GB of Ram, the whole sha-bang. My DPS keeps tanking! The last time I reset the SMC and it fixed matters. This time. Nothing. I went from having 45 FPS to 10 FPS in the same spot, literally in a matter of days... Nothing will fix it and the game is unplayable. Any help?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Try running WoW without addons and see if the FPS changes. If it does, then the addons may be an issue.

Enable one addon at a time to find the culprit.

Also make sure that if you have any external hard drives connected or if Time Machine is running to pause Time Machine during WoW Gameplay.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You may also want to try a repair of the game to see if it helps.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
Also, if you want to have to reset smc less, try to avoid using sleep or closing laptop lid with it turned on (yeah i know, not using a laptop like a laptop). This avoids apples stupid sleep performance bug too, to avoid having to constantly "fix" it. Maybe it's fixed in 10.8.3, i hope every update that it is then get woefully disappointed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]