Dawn of the Aspects summary

90 Draenei Monk
he doesnt need to be sent manualy though, there just needs to be some computer or what ever keeping track of the titan's movements so that his auto response has an effective delivery point.

so Algalon is chilling in his "Easiest job in the universe" condo. the red phone rings and he ports to the facility. he beats the players or looses to them, what ever... then pulls out his smart phone and hits the "the titans are here" app and ports there or takes his space ship or whatever.

that is how i see it working out... only no one tells the dragons about this because... they didnt really help out with the fighting the old god controlling titan stuff raid.

That's how I imagine it too.

...what were we arguing about again? Seems we're on the same page.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
i think it was just poor comunication on my part
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I would have thought Kalecgos would naturally be more curious about what he's experienced. He considers it as nothing more than a bother, but he is learning something he didn't know before about the history of the dragon race. Along with that, what appears to be a powerful magical artifact is responsible, something a blue dragon would appreciate, or so you'd think.

Even if he assumes there are risks that would entail precautions, not willful abandonment and denial.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I dunno. It's making him go through pain and that one time it kept transformign him rapidly between dragon and human. He keeps feeling vertigo, hearing voices, and blacking out only to wake up in a different place. I'd want the thing gone too in such a situation.
Edited by Dreignei on 2/18/2013 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
it kept transformign him rapidly between dragon and human.

....Knaack what have you done....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
What's with the Aspects lethargy? It's like Kalec is the only one who wants to do anything.

Wrathion needs to come in during the last chapter and smack some sense into them.

Edit: Also, there's a Human villiage in Northrend? And they don't care about the half-naked Dragon chick watching their kids?

Their lethargic because their race is dieing.

For most, the task of finding the life-binder, would proved daunting. Alexstrasza stayed in no place for very long, perhaps because if she did, she might dwell too long on what had been lost.

Kalec understood that she had come to grips with the fact that the dragons as a race were no longer viable, that the last eggs had hatched and from here there would only be fewer and fewer dragons as time and circumstance took their toll.

They don't care their former duties, because they will not be around long enough for it to matter to them. As a race, the dragons are going extinct.

Also, the life-binder is infertile after the events of the Cataclysm.

So yeah, depression.

edit: Also, Kalec seem to be questioning his relationship with Jaina. He seem unsure they could really follow the same path.

I am getting the impression that he is suffering like the rest after their fate. Also added on top is the toll his flight disbanding has taken on him.
Edited by Eretnik on 2/18/2013 11:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/18/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Eretnik
Also, the life-binder is infertile after the events of the Cataclysm.

Guh? I mean her mates are all dead but since when was Alexstrasza infertile?

02/18/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Aeluron
....Knaack what have you done....

That was kind of inaccurate on my part. It's more than he couldn't focus on anything and the images/voices were driving him crazy, so as he's falling to his knees Kalec is shifting rapidly between both forms. It probably looked kind of like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bXs2GShTPA&t=1m33s
Edited by Dreignei on 2/18/2013 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I just hope the Former Aspects have some purpose soon. I don't want Dragons to die. Look just because some little vocal minority feels the need to want Dragons gone doesn't mean they should be(I know that's radical of me but I like Dragons).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I like the dragons too, these recent developments really depress me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/18/2013 10:55 PMPosted by Dreignei

They haven't said how, but it is not unreasonable.

She is no longer the Lfe-binder. She is just a very old female dragon now. Maybe her age caught with her and she doesn't have anymore eggs to fertilize.

Or maybe just Deathwings last revenge on her. She was really hurt in her fight with him in the Twilight Highlands.

My guesses anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/18/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Eretnik

She is no longer the Lfe-binder. She is just a very old female dragon now. Maybe her age caught with her and she doesn't have anymore eggs to fertilize.

Or maybe just Deathwings last revenge on her. She was really hurt in her fight with him in the Twilight Highlands.

My guesses anyway.

This makes me a sad panda. It's like killing off the Trolls...but bigger. Now I understand......

WHY BLIZZARD WHY!!?!?!?!?
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Kirin Tor? Check.

Wyrmrest Accord? Check.

Cast your mighty anti-neutral eye upon the Cenarion Circle now, please.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

My guesses anyway.

No I mean where are you even getting this idea from? The piece you quoted said the last eggs had hatched but that's because except for Soridormi all of their mates are dead, plus all the rest of the unhatched eggs got blown up with the Chambers in TotA. Nothing about infertility.
Edited by Dreignei on 2/18/2013 11:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Interesting stuff... particularly the implication that Tyr killed Galakrond.

Thanks for posting all that, Dreignei.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

My guesses anyway.

No I mean where are you even getting this idea from? The piece you quoted said the last eggs had hatched but that's because except for Soridormi all of their mates are dead, plus all the rest of the unhatched eggs got blown up with the Chambers in TotA. Nothing about infertility.

Alextrasza herself had suffered more than most. Not only had all her eggs been destroyed by Korialstrasz-in the act of sacrificing himself-to prevent their corruption into the monstrous twilight dragons,and her ability to lay more eggs have been forever taken away, but in attention to all that she lived with the knowledge that the other dragon flights had suffered so. She might have accepted her loss of power, but not this loss of her kin's future. After all, she had been the Life-binder.

That part came few pages later. Its part of Kelec internal dialogue as he tries to get help form her about his visions. But he ends of leaving after she is unwilling to really help him.

Again the haven't said how yet, and it could possible change by the end of the book. But by the start of the book, it seems that the dragons have no future left.
Edited by Eretnik on 2/18/2013 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
...how did I miss that
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Thanks for the work on the post and the post itself. I wouldn't have noticed the book was out if not for it.
02/19/2013 12:05 AMPosted by Dreignei
...how did I miss that

I always thought Alextrasza was a sad character, so it stuck out to me.

I noticed it lacking in the Scrolls of lore thread as well, they went on about undead :/.
Edited by Eretnik on 2/19/2013 12:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
The undead still bug me. We've never seen the Old Gods using necromancy before so I don't think they're behind these mass proto-dragon killings.

Anyway I'm turning in for the night, hope to discuss this more tomorrow. :)
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Deathwing and Old Gods reanimated Nefarian and Sinestra.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
02/18/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Aeluron
I just hope the Former Aspects have some purpose soon. I don't want Dragons to die. Look just because some little vocal minority feels the need to want Dragons gone doesn't mean they should be(I know that's radical of me but I like Dragons).

This is Blizzard we are talking about here. I all but expect the events in this book will lead to some important revelation that will somehow rekindle the spirits of the dragons. Besides, we already know the dragons are gonna play an important role in the army of light and that there numbers will greatly be increased.
Edited by Zerde on 2/19/2013 10:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]