Dawn of the Aspects summary

90 Draenei Monk
02/19/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Archpaladin
Deathwing and Old Gods reanimated Nefarian and Sinestra.

Fair point, though that always seemed more Frankenstein-style technology reanimation to me than magic curse style. Still necromancy I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
You know, the Aspects remind me alot of the Alliance; a long, slow, slide into oblivion without any hope of recovery.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Interesting theory from Magistrix Verdande on SoL:

I'm guessing the "missing characters" are actually Yog-Saron and Tyr. Yog-Saron probably cursed Galakrond into undeath, which makes him cannibalistic, but also makes anyone he bites (or eats and vomits up) undead as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
someone on scrollsoflore noticed that in the picture for the book galakrond appears to be sickly or undead himself. hes got a lot of missing skin, especially around his face & tail. as well as the swollen gullet.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Undeath in Norhtred, go figure...

Yes, I knownthsi take place in the past. We know very weell that undeath has existed long before the scourge.
Kinda see the it as a plot point that will simple be used to bind the aspects tighter then probely dropped.

I'm guessing the "missing characters" are actually Yog-Saron and Tyr. Yog-Saron probably cursed Galakrond into undeath, which makes him cannibalistic, but also makes anyone he bites (or eats and vomits up) undead as well.

Possibly, and likely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/19/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Zerde
I just hope the Former Aspects have some purpose soon. I don't want Dragons to die. Look just because some little vocal minority feels the need to want Dragons gone doesn't mean they should be(I know that's radical of me but I like Dragons).

This is Blizzard we are talking about here. I all but expect the events in this book will lead to some important revelation that will somehow rekindle the spirits of the dragons. Besides, we already know the dragons are gonna plan an important role in the army of light and that there numbers will greatly be increased.

I hope so because it's so depressing seeing these dragons like that.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Nachtmara

See, this is how the book makes me feel the portrayal of the landscape beneath the protodragons is, but you have to remember this is before the Titans arrived, so its all just a singularly large landmass.

What are the actual abilities of Yogg Saron for that matter? As the mass of screaming mouths that he was, you'd think he would have something memorable.
Edited by Seebach on 2/20/2013 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

See, this is how the book makes me feel the portrayal of the landscape beneath the protodragons is, but you have to remember this is before the Titans arrived, so its all just a singularly large landmass.

Remember, we've only seen proto-dragons in Northrend. There's also that they were hunting caribou, which are northern animals.
It's possible this takes place further south but I doubt it.

What are the actual abilities of Yogg Saron for that matter? As the mass of screaming mouths that he was, you'd think he would have something memorable.

AFAIK we've only seen him do generic Old God "make you crazy, also tentacles" stuff. This could finally explain why he's called the Old God of Death if it's true.
Edited by Dreignei on 2/20/2013 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
After rereading Yogg Saron's bio, I have to guess that Galakrond is the first test subject of the "Curse of Flesh" that Yogg Saron is given credit for.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
02/19/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Dreignei
Deathwing and Old Gods reanimated Nefarian and Sinestra.

Fair point, though that always seemed more Frankenstein-style technology reanimation to me than magic curse style. Still necromancy I suppose.

Onyxia was the Frankenstein style ressurection!

Nefarian looks like a normal undead(there's none of the tubes and machinary that Onyxia has attached to his body nor is there stitching) and Sinestra looks like a scarred living dragon with the fire within her glowing through both the mouth and said scars.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I read a tinfoil hat article on WowInsider about how Wrathion might be trying to make an uncorrupted black dragon flight using the Titan tech on Pandaria. That would tie in well with the whole dragons going extinct theory.
Edited by Inkydeath on 2/21/2013 4:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Seems likely.

Unless the "Robed Humanoid with one out stretched arm" is doing it... Could it be Sara? Tyer? (Only one arm shown but he is too small) Avatar of a Titan? First humanoid dragon form? Nozdormu? Great Father Winter? (Read; Santa) All of the above?
Reply Quote
3 Human Priest
A couple of tid-bits of input:

As far as the Titans are concerned, there is no reason to suspect that they might be "gone". If you read any of the lore surrounding Sargeras, you know that the Titans' function is to shape worlds and inhabit them, then move on. And Sargeras' function, before he went mad, was to be the champion of the Titans and defend those worlds. The Titans themselves are simply off doing what the do not really caring about the goings-on on Azeroth. It is even suspected that they are unaware of Sargeras' corruption or his treachery.

I got the impression while reading the summary that the "smart brown" was Neltharian... I figured that much was obvious, though since I haven't read the book itself, I suppose that's my speculation and not fact. None of the aspects but Malygos seem to be their corresponding color yet - Alextrasza is orange instead of red, Ysera is yellow instead of green... etc.

Edit: After re-thinking it, I guess it makes more sense that the brown is Nozdormu. I guess the fact that he "knew which way the caribou would turn" hints at his developing sense of his control over time. Though, it's possible it could still be Neltharian and his intelligence as a hunter
Edited by Uthilas on 2/21/2013 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/21/2013 04:03 AMPosted by Inkydeath
I read a tinfoil hat article on WowInsider about how Wrathion might be trying to make an uncorrupted black dragon flight using the Titan tech on Pandaria. That would tie in well with the whole dragons going extinct theory.

I read it too. I think it's an interesting thing. I mean why would Wrathion want to be the only black dragon alive and not save his species from extinction.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
If Yogg-Saron is behind the undead Proto-Dragons............ Yogg-Saron's music played when Bolvar said "DO IT TIRION! You and these brave heroes have your own destinies to fulfill. This last act of service... is mine."

What's more Bolvar's voice was the same as his living self's voice when he was Undead and being tortured by the Lich King only to change when the Lich King died(I'm not talking about the generic Lich King voice he got after becoming the new Lich King).

Could Yogg-Saron have possessed Bolvar and used his body to fool Tirion to let him(yogg-Saron) become the new Lich King so that he can have greater control over the Undead?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You know, the Aspects remind me alot of the Alliance; a long, slow, slide into oblivion without any hope of recovery.

Except we already know that is not how the story end, for both Alliance and the Aspects. Again this is Blizzard/Knaak we are talking, it will end with some feel good moment for the dragons reafirming their purposes/maybe finding a new purpose for them.
Edited by Zerde on 2/22/2013 9:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/22/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Zerde

Except we already know that is not how the story end, for both Alliance and the Aspects.

Yes, of course. They'll all be kept around for the Horde's continued amusement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ignore the angry dwarf.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes, of course. They'll all be kept around for the Horde's continued amusement.

Or we keep the Horde for our amusement. Nothing like seeing the Horde be drag though the mud by Garrosh and later on Sylvanas.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This novel might also reveal some of the Scourge's connection to Yogg-Saron, I still have a theory that Tichondrious made the plague of undeath from Yogg's blood and/or essence
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]