Westfall Beggar Slayings

88 Human Paladin
Know what I never got? The very first quest in Westfall where you question homeless people about the murders. When they attack you for asking them about it, you are forced to put them down on the spot. I know they are the ones that attacked you, but by the end of it makes me feel dirty killing a person with a huge weapon and magic while he/she only had fists. That and they are homeless. Just doesn't feel right for a Paladin to do.
Edited by Sagerius on 2/19/2013 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
That entire zone was just !@#$ing stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I kill lots of things with my fists.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Varian Wrynn does not care about homeless people.
Edited by Gethrian on 2/19/2013 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Varian Wrynn doesn't care about homeless people.

He's too busy posing for statues.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
02/19/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Gethrian
Varian Wrynn does not care about homeless people.

You ever lived in a city? On one hand they're tragic victims of an uncaring society but on the other hand they smell bad and yell profanity at you in the street.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
And sometimes not so tragic.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
i found the children who would swarm the dead bodies a little more disturbing tbh..
sometimes the beggars randomly kill each other as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/19/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Arkturas
That entire zone was just !@#$ing stupid.

Westfall has a quest where starving people asked you get get mud and snip the tails off coyotes to make mud pies...instead of, you know, taking the damn Coyote Meat off the stupid things we're killing anyways and making Coyote Steak out of it. To say nothing of the fat-!@# boars and the buzzards flapping around.

Westfall's plotline was below retarded. It's by far the most painful of the 10-20 zone bracket.
Edited by Kurze on 2/19/2013 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
On one of my characters, I just bribed every peasant and ran away to despawn them if they attacked me. I didn't like that quest.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/19/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Lena
Varian Wrynn doesn't care about homeless people.

He's too busy posing for statues.

It's funny that we saw no sign of Twilight's Hammer there. It would be the perfect place to find a good amount of cannon fodder.

"Join the Cult and put a hurt on the self-righteous King!"
"Get vengeance from your king for what he has done to you!"
"You don't have anything! There's nothing to lose! Only to gain!"

Quite weird... ;/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It's funny that we saw no sign of Twilight's Hammer there. It would be the perfect place to find a good amount of cannon fodder.

"Join the Cult and put a hurt on the self-righteous King!"
"Get vengeance from your king for what he has done to you!"
"You don't have anything! There's nothing to lose! Only to gain!"

Quite weird... ;/

The zone needed that facetime to squeeze in two more CSI references.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/19/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Kurze
The zone needed that facetime to squeeze in two more CSI references.

Funny enough, they still could have used the CSI references and managed to place the Hammer in that zone as the real threat. Hell, they could have had the Cult take over the Deadmines to make it fit within Cataclysm more.

It's a damn shame they made Vanessa VanCleef a villain instead, taken down in a short time frame. She could have just as easily been the Alliance's answer to Lillian Voss, save instead of crusaders, it's black dragons, popping up now and then for quests to slaughter dozes of them, culminating in the Twilight Highlands Alliance-side. Then she of course runs off to Pandaria and ends up being a major love interest to Anduin (retcon the age a bit, and it's be perfect) in an ultimate twist of irony. With of course eventual teasing spitefulness aimed at Wrathion. Because you know, black dragon.

Shut up it's my fanon YOU CAN'T MAKE ME STOP
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, but then the Stormwind Government wouldn't have had the chance to be outsmarted and out maneuvered by a teenage girl raised on a farm .
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/19/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Ferlion
Yeah, but then the Stormwind Government wouldn't have had the chance to be outsmarted and out maneuvered by a teenage girl raised on a farm .

Yeahno. Twilight Cult is a much better fit thematically. Wasted opportunity to make Westfall fit with Darkshore and Loch Modan.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
But why write something with actual depth when you can have HEY LOOK SENTINEL HILL'S ON FIRE WOOO CRAZY STUFF ok guys time to go to redridge
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
But why write something with actual depth when you can have HEY LOOK SENTINEL HILL'S ON FIRE WOOO CRAZY STUFF ok guys time to go to RAMBOridge
Reply Quote
westfall and Redridge are the 2 worst zone in the game for useless pop culture quest. Even Uldum with the Indiana Jones joke is less bothersome.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/19/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Kalindo
westfall and Redridge are the 2 worst zone in the game for useless pop culture quest. Even Uldum with the Indiana Jones joke is less bothersome.

I really liked both those zones. They are in my top 5 Alliance zones. Arathi Highlands is my #1 most hated zone for both Alliance and Horde.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
02/19/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

I really liked both those zones. They are in my top 5 Alliance zones. Arathi Highlands is my #1 most hated zone for both Alliance and Horde.

Westfall and Redridge, and even Uldum shared one big messy defining feature. They fell apart as soon as you thought about them.

Sure, they were "fun" from a mechanics point of view, but much like a dull action movie, the fun wasn't enough gllitz to distract from the obviously poor story.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]