Why blue 496 cloaks?

11 Troll Hunter
Why make the new factions 496 cloaks blue instead of purple? I cant recall any expansion where there were blue items that were the same ilevel as purples with a few exceptions, like ultra rare purples or items from different expansions. Is it to keep casuals in thier place? I know I dont want to see anything blue after i get a full set of purples unless its the start of a new expansion. Valor points for blues... disturbing.

Edit: page two post 1 is a better explanation from me of my opinion.
Edited by Huntara on 2/21/2013 6:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
99 Pandaren Priest
Its just a color, stats are whats important...or if it looks snazzy for transmog :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I would guess they're trying to protect the value of Abyss Crystal
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
02/21/2013 06:21 AMPosted by Huntara
Why make the new factions 496 cloaks blue instead of purple?

It's just a color, you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
It matters why?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've never noticed before, I'm too busy actually playing the game instead of worrying what color gear the guy standing next to me is wearing.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
I find it disturbing that with rep rewards now people are getting epics at honored, when years ago you'd have to grind rep until exalted, to get maybe one epic, that may not have even been good for your class.

If the stats are good and a big improvement, does it *really* matter if it's a blue or a purple? Either way it's a good reward.

I'm not sure how it would keep "casuals in their place", since doing dailies to get a few pieces of gear isn't exactly hardcore.
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter
Why make any gear purple, orange, blue or green if it didnt matter? Of course it matters.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I think because IF they turn back on upgrades... blues only get 1 upgrade.
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Shaman
I find it disturbing that....

Really? Are you serious?

Why does it disturb you?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
To avoid a inflation of crystals.
Reply Quote
99 Pandaren Priest
Purple lost its meaning when everyone could get them (not that I'm complaining, I'm ubercasual)
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
02/21/2013 06:27 AMPosted by Kurston
I think because IF they turn back on upgrades... blues only get 1 upgrade

For twice the amount the the purple get , its the same upgrade as far as points go same amount of stats get boosted, blues get one upgrade purplrs get 2 1/2 upgrades its the same stat wize though
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
02/21/2013 06:21 AMPosted by Huntara
Valor points for blues... disturbing.

02/21/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Raspberrypi
I find it disturbing that....

Really? Are you serious?

Why does it disturb you?

It was more sarcasm than anything- I guess it didn't translate into text very well.

>.>

edit- too tired to think and type.
Edited by Snowshoes on 2/21/2013 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/21/2013 06:31 AMPosted by Starzein
I think because IF they turn back on upgrades... blues only get 1 upgrade

For twice the amount the the purple get , its the same upgrade as far as points go same amount of stats get boosted, blues get one upgrade purplrs get 2 1/2 upgrades its the same stat wize though

Ah.. well still may apply... isn't starting stuff like 522... so they are allowing you to upgrade with JP instead of VP? Hey, I don't care about the color.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Purples have more itemization points to budget if I remember correctly. That said, there really isn't any problems of the cloak being blue. Get it and use it to get into LFR and replace it with "purple".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/21/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Huntara
Why make any gear purple, orange, blue or green if it didnt matter? Of course it matters.

Yes, it matters

With a new tier coming out it will help identify what new gear is better from the same vendor or instance that gear drops.

Its always been that way.

Are you sure you aren't one of the "casuals" you refer to?
Edited by Frostbringer on 2/21/2013 6:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]