Sentry Totem 177: Another Totem in the Wall

90 Orc Shaman
Can tier gear not be Thunderforged?

EDIT: Also, the gloves would end up being 6 ilevels higher as well.
Edited by Platform on 2/14/2013 12:26 PM PST
Thunderforged is for non-tier pieces afaik.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't think Thunderforged is an upgrade kind of thing, the gear that has Thunderforged on it doesn't exist in a non-Thundeforged state. I think Thunderforged is just a higher quality of gear that only exists in a Thunderforged state, and gear that is not Thunderforged can never be Thunderforged. Those gloves are 535 though, not 541.

02/14/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Korghal
Thunderforged is for non-tier pieces afaik.

Some not all.

In any case, unless we're absolutely swimming in Hit (which we very well may be), that chest has 101 more Agility (not counting sockets).
Edited by Rude on 2/14/2013 12:31 PM PST
90 Orc Shaman
I could've sworn Blizzard stated that all gear can be Thunderforged ("Maybe" sans tier--not really sure about that), but that it was a rare chance that a piece that dropped "was" Thunderforged. Greater chance on 25 mans, yada yada.
02/05/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Bashiok
There are still no plans for tier items to be available with the Thunderforged designation.

I think Thunderforged is meant to be like Crystalized Firestones, except the item dropped is already upgraded.

01/23/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Crithto
This means that there will be five variations of some items. You’ll now see a 5.2 raid item of LFR quality at item level 502, the same item in Normal quality at item level 522, the item in Normal Thunderforged quality at item level 528, the Heroic version of the item at level 535, and the Heroic Thunderforged version of the item at level 541.
90 Orc Shaman
So everything besides tier gear then will have the possibility of being dropped upgraded to Thunderforged.

I wonder what the Asian realms get...Super-Thunderforged?
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm aware, but there is currently no crossover of non-Thunderforged items and Thunderforged items.
Asian raids will drop Thunderforged gear that is higher ilvl than our raids Thunderforged stuff.
90 Troll Shaman
So gist, any word on how the trinkets might rank for us in the next tier?
90 Draenei Shaman
idk, I still play table-top D&D. And not even 4th ed; Wizards of the Coast ruined the game. We play heavily modified 2.5 ed.
ilu, imo ad&d was the best!

yeah, rock it old skool style or gtfo :)

02/14/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Korghal
I think Thunderforged is meant to be like Crystalized Firestones, except the item dropped is already upgraded.

... I forgot all about those things. 4.2 was the first tier I ever saw any heroic raiding content, and we only got Domo/Shannox/Rhyolith before DS dropped, so it's not like we were swimming in the Firestones. Not even sure I was ever assigned one.
90 Orc Shaman
02/14/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Rude
I'm aware, but there is currently no crossover of non-Thunderforged items and Thunderforged items.

You mean Thunderforged items are...exclusive? I mean, that's not the context of the blue post. They probably just aren't listed on Wowhead or anything yet.

02/14/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Korghal
Asian raids will drop Thunderforged gear that is higher ilvl than our raids Thunderforged stuff.

So...Super-Thunderforged it is.
... I forgot all about those things. 4.2 was the first tier I ever saw any heroic raiding content, and we only got Domo/Shannox/Rhyolith before DS dropped, so it's not like we were swimming in the Firestones. Not even sure I was ever assigned one.

I managed to get 5/6 H bosses back in FL and I felt we were 'swimming' in Firestones. Not drops every single week, but we did get enough to upgrade lots of stuff (I actually got both my Enh and Resto relics upgraded, and I was among the last to get my stones).

02/14/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Platform
You mean Thunderforged items are...exclusive? I mean, that's not the context of the blue post. They probably just aren't listed on Wowhead or anything yet.

From what the blues described, they are not meant to be exclusive. An item like Bracers of Ultimate Super Awesome Troll Power should exist in LFR version, Normal version, N TF version, H version and H TF version; not just as Thunderforged. I haven't bothered to check Thunderforged vs non-Thunderforged items datamined yet, but I'd be surprised if the TF items did not exist in non-TF version.

So...Super-Thunderforged it is.

Well, they're asians. Everything they have is superior and alien.
90 Pandaren Shaman

Kind of like when a blue post said it was gonna be 2 weeks, and then a blue post the next day said it'd be 3? I don't know why some items would be in the files while others would not. If those gloves have a Thunderforged form, then they'd be better. Or maybe even the offpiece helm. But I doubt we'll see any crossover.

edit: buns hair, do like?
Edited by Rude on 2/14/2013 1:06 PM PST
90 Orc Shaman
02/14/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Rude
Kind of like when a blue post said it was gonna be 2 weeks, and then a blue post the next day said it'd be 3? I don't know why some items would be in the files while others would not. If those gloves have a Thunderforged form, then they'd be better. Or maybe even the offpiece helm. But I doubt we'll see any crossover.

Eh, we'll see. Still probably just a 'lil' too early.

02/14/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Rude
edit: buns hair, do like?

Not bad. I'm considering a new hairstyle as well. Should I drop the hawk and go to something maybe more...classy?
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/14/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Platform
Eh, we'll see. Still probably just a 'lil' too early.

Just seems weird that every other piece of loot as been put into the game except these crossover pieces, even the Heroic Thunderforged pieces that actually are exclusive, like those Ra-den drops.

02/14/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Platform
Not bad. I'm considering a new hairstyle as well. Should I drop the hawk and go to something maybe more...classy?

Yes, you look like a man
90 Draenei Shaman
02/14/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Rude

Yes, you look like a man

I actually really like the female-orc-with-mohawk thing. I mostly don't properly appreciate non-BE, non-pandaren Horde races, but I can respect a female orc with a mohawk.
90 Pandaren Shaman
It looks horrible, it's all between the eyes and stuff. Really unattractive. Unlike my bunz.
90 Human Priest
Yay, I've found the new one! Hello shamanpeople!
90 Troll Shaman
harro :D
90 Orc Shaman
Maybe I'm not trying to be a qtpie. Maybe I want to be like...you know...baller looking or something.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]