Rune of Power

100 Blood Elf Mage
Does anyone else agree that Rune of Power is really annoying to manage? It's pretty much required for arcane pve right now and the fact that it has a decently long cast time and you have to Re-up it every minute and almost every time you move is just very annoying to me.

On another note why doesnt blizz bring back the haste portion of Arcane Power imo that would make the spec more enjoyable to play.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
02/16/2013 01:27 AMPosted by Marshmellow
Does anyone else agree that Rune of Power is really annoying to manage?

I think that is the general consensus.
Reply Quote
Indeed. But you get used to it I guess.

Also looks like invo might be more useful in 5.2...if you decide to stay arcane.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
WTB 4.3 fire back :(
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I have no idea why we have to drop a rectacle. My mouse cursor often gets lots in the shuffle of everything going on and sometimes it takes a bit longer to get it down. If you're near a wall - my God is it a P in the A to get down properly. I really wish they would just make it drop on your feet - let me glyph for it - My God.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
02/16/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Schenn
I have no idea why we have to drop a rectacle. My mouse cursor often gets lots in the shuffle of everything going on and sometimes it takes a bit longer to get it down. If you're near a wall - my God is it a P in the A to get down properly. I really wish they would just make it drop on your feet - let me glyph for it - My God.

I dont mind the fact that we have to target it with a reticle, because that lets us set up 2 at a time, I'm just annoyed that we have to cast a new one every time we move
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
02/16/2013 02:38 AMPosted by Sin

And a fix is expected sometime in 2014.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Every single level 90 talent sucks and makes the game less fun.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Does anyone else agree that Rune of Power is really annoying to manage? It's pretty much required for arcane pve right now and the fact that it has a decently long cast time and you have to Re-up it every minute and almost every time you move is just very annoying to me.

All three L90 talents for Mages are annoying. At least they're changing Invocation to make it slightly more mobile and a bit easier to manage. (2.5 sec channel is much less painful than a 5 sec channel). They pushed mobility on us for quite some time only to force us to stand still with our 90 talents. I'm not a fan of them.

On another note why doesnt blizz bring back the haste portion of Arcane Power imo that would make the spec more enjoyable to play.

I don't think Arcane Power ever had a Haste portion. You might be thinking of Wrath times where it was possible for an Arcane Mage to have Icy Veins as well (Frost's damage CD). Haste + increased damage = insane burst. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/16/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Jackielynn

All three L90 talents for Mages are annoying. At least they're changing Invocation to make it slightly more mobile and a bit easier to manage. (2.5 sec channel is much less painful than a 5 sec channel). They pushed mobility on us for quite some time only to force us to stand still with our 90 talents. I'm not a fan of them.

I don't think Arcane Power ever had a Haste portion. You might be thinking of Wrath times where it was possible for an Arcane Mage to have Icy Veins as well (Frost's damage CD). Haste + increased damage = insane burst. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Once upon a time Arcane Blast casts would lower the cast time of subsequent Arcane Blasts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Keybind the RoP....at least that's what I do. "Q" is my RoP, so I just press a key, it drops where I stand and I don't have to waste time moving a mouse around.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/16/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Árya

Once upon a time Arcane Blast casts would lower the cast time of subsequent Arcane Blasts.

Yeah, I remember the cast time lowering portion of Arcane Blast but not on Arcane Power.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

In Cata blizz put a 20% increased casting speed on arcane power because they felt that arcane blasts took too long to cast, and in MoP they too it off and made the cast on AB longer
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Keybind the RoP....at least that's what I do. "Q" is my RoP, so I just press a key, it drops where I stand and I don't have to waste time moving a mouse around.
What? I have it bound and i still have to move my mouse around x(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

In Cata blizz put a 20% increased casting speed on arcane power because they felt that arcane blasts took too long to cast, and in MoP they too it off and made the cast on AB longer

I don't remember that, but okay. (I also didn't play Arcane too much during Cata, either.) If more than one person remembers that casting speed increase, then there's a good chance it was there and my CRS is acting up again.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

I don't remember that, but okay. (I also didn't play Arcane too much during Cata, either.) If more than one person remembers that casting speed increase, then there's a good chance it was there and my CRS is acting up again.

Mages were stuck as arcane all through 4.2 (Firelands), got to know arcane very well through that nightmare, the content was good, arcane wasn't.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
02/16/2013 02:38 AMPosted by Sin

Pretty much that, for all the level 90 talents. They were poorly thought out and poorly implemented.

02/16/2013 03:23 AMPosted by Hakuren

I don't know about that. I personally 'deal with them.' I can still function and all, but I do find myself grumbling at my screen while playing quite often. Put rune down > puddle forms covering rune > move > put new rune > start to cast > new puddle > gah, grumble, annoyed, etc > repeat.

I have realized we are stuck with them the rest of this expac, so I live with them. Wouldn't call it 'getting used to them' though.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/18/2013 05:10 AMPosted by Neeber

Pretty much that, for all the level 90 talents. They were poorly thought out and poorly implemented.

I don't know about that. I personally 'deal with them.' I can still function and all, but I do find myself grumbling at my screen while playing quite often. Put rune down > puddle forms covering rune > move > put new rune > start to cast > new puddle > gah, grumble, annoyed, etc > repeat.

I have realized we are stuck with them the rest of this expac, so I live with them. Wouldn't call it 'getting used to them' though.

Yep, unfortunately. I wish they'd move the buff for Invocation to just under my health and mana bar like they did the timers for the Runes and make it a bit easier to track. Essentially, all Invocation is (well, will be with the next patch) will be a traveling Rune of Power. I don't bother with Invocation now because of the 5 sec (reduced by Haste, but not enough to be immediately noticeable) channel time and being a bit unable to track my buff (which is more a personal problem). I mean, before they made that change to the UI to track Rune of Power, I could see when it was about to expire by the rune flashing on the ground (and also by the presence of it no longer being there). I guess I need to make a DBM timer for it in the meantime.

Hey, I just talked out my own problem. Who says posting on the forums does no good?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
02/16/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Mcpoop
Every single level 90 talent sucks and makes the game less fun.

I could not agree more! I feel like their more of a chore rather than a fun move to use.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/16/2013 03:23 AMPosted by Hakuren
Also looks like invo might be more useful in 5.2...if you decide to stay arcane.

02/16/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Jackielynn
At least they're changing Invocation to make it slightly more mobile and a bit easier to manage. (2.5 sec channel is much less painful than a 5 sec channel).

I would agree with both of you, but if you look at the patch notes as of Feb 13th Invocation is now going to take away Arcane charges the longer you channel the spell......Say good bye to any sort of weaving for arcane, you either stack master and use RoP at max charges, or clear stacks with ABarr and invo to get mana back....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]