A few tricks/tips for PvP rogues (video)

90 Undead Rogue
Hello all, i am trying to make videos again mainly for my rogue.

Going to play all 3 specs in 5.2 and will release indepth combat / mut / sub guides for pvp once i get geared in next season and have tested everything.

But for now here is a link to my rogue tricks/tips video for MoP PvP.

Krycer123 is my utube channel, sub if you like my vids.

Hopefully it helps some of you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpElO1qp13A

(Disclaimer: Do note this video was intended for both NEW and veteran rogue players, so dont get offended if it is stuff you already know.)

thanks,

-Emo-
Edited by Emoshankz on 2/17/2013 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I'll be completely honest, you did a good job with getting the information across.

That said, when doing informational things, try to reduce the amount of "clutter" you put in. The video could have a good 2 min cut off of it if you had at least a small script written and less extraneous information that doesn't really pertain to what you're discussing.

Another thing, while many of these techniques work in 1v1's, in arenas, most of what you said is not worth the time, or just doesn't work. I feel like that needs a well-vocalized forewarning. You didn't mention that potions don't work in arenas, yet it takes up so much of the video with you saying that it's a major crutch for your damage. You also brought up using Detection glyph to "trick" targets into thinking you trinketed... that wont work. Many players use the addon "GladiatorloSSA", which calls out when a target pops CD's and trinkets, then there's also Gladius that has the icon with its CD on it. In high-rated play where many players decide to roll without addons, they know to watch for the actual graphic, and you wont fool them with a fake trinket out of a slow.

As to Oversap, it's a cool trick, few know about it, but it's also a dead maneuver. Doing that CS DR's your next stun, and those CP's don't do an awful lot. It was an AMAZING skill to master back when an Evis could drop 30%+ of a target's health, but it doesn't mean much anymore.
Edited by Backstabi on 2/17/2013 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'll be completely honest, you did a good job with getting the information across.

That said, when doing informational things, try to reduce the amount of "clutter" you put in. The video could have a good 2 min cut off of it if you had at least a small script written and less extraneous information that doesn't really pertain to what you're discussing.

Another thing, while many of these techniques work in 1v1's, in arenas, most of what you said is not worth the time, or just doesn't work. I feel like that needs a well-vocalized forewarning. You didn't mention that potions don't work in arenas, yet it takes up so much of the video with you saying that it's a major crutch for your damage. You also brought up using Detection glyph to "trick" targets into thinking you trinketed... that wont work. Many players use the addon "GladiatorloSSA", which calls out when a target pops CD's and trinkets, then there's also Gladius that has the icon with its CD on it. In high-rated play where many players decide to roll without addons, they know to watch for the actual graphic, and you wont fool them with a fake trinket out of a slow.

As to Oversap, it's a cool trick, few know about it, but it's also a dead maneuver. Doing that CS DR's your next stun, and those CP's don't do an awful lot. It was an AMAZING skill to master back when an Evis could drop 30%+ of a target's health, but it doesn't mean much anymore.

yer i know, it was just a filler video b4 i release my 5.2 guides with more indepth explanations.

the reason it is cluttered etc, is because it is, haha yer i gotta work on that, thanks for the tip.

But as for your comments on arena usage. i did mention about the detection glyph as just a "eff around macro" for the lolz, it does work, ive used it in pvp alot. Most of the info is for fun things and tricks for rogues, most of them i know aren't for arena and i expect my audience to have some intellegence to realise this fact.

Rogues are about bg's / world pvp / dueling in my mind, and the mind of most ppl, Arena is a dead-fall hole where you play op specs to get high ratings, my content is towards open pvp situations.

outside of arena most ppl dont use gladius, and as for GladiatorloSSa, i know about that and again it was as i explained "An Eff around macro for the lolz".

Thanks for your input, i plan to make my combat/sub/mut guides more tidy and better explained. This was done last minute, just to get some kool things out there.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Nice vid, Emo. I just subscribed.

I have a question tough. What's the practical use of jumping and gouging? I did not understand.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
-"how to alchemy"
- Tutorial on stacking all your CD's in one macro. really?

I liked the colossus enchant use. About it.

Best tips I can think of are:
Energy pooling.
Shadowstepping when warriors are 10 yards away from you. If they charge you, you get away scott free. If they don't shiv them in place with crippling/paralytic.
When fighting mages, open up with garrote + shadowdance. 90% of the time they'll root you and blink. Use vanish or COS to remove root. Shadowstep + kidney shot and 100% of the time they'll ice block. take this time to los for a restealth or start eating/bandaging. If they leave iceblock before restealth toss a smokebomb. If you have a dot on you continue to shuriken toss for CPs. Once smoke is gone blind.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
-"how to alchemy"
- Tutorial on stacking all your CD's in one macro. really?

I liked the colossus enchant use. About it.

Best tips I can think of are:
Energy pooling.
Shadowstepping when warriors are 10 yards away from you. If they charge you, you get away scott free. If they don't shiv them in place with crippling/paralytic.
When fighting mages, open up with garrote + shadowdance. 90% of the time they'll root you and blink. Use vanish or COS to remove root. Shadowstep + kidney shot and 100% of the time they'll ice block. take this time to los for a restealth or start eating/bandaging. If they leave iceblock before restealth toss a smokebomb. If you have a dot on you continue to shuriken toss for CPs. Once smoke is gone blind.

as i said in the vid, i would go into detail for strats against classes in my sub / combat / mut guides, this was a general all spec vid
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Nice vid, Emo. I just subscribed.

I have a question tough. What's the practical use of jumping and gouging? I did not understand.

basically it is rogue v rogue, you jump and face your back to them so they cant gouge, and you turn last minute to gouge b4 you pass by them, it is really hard to get off, esp with shuriken toss nowadays, but can be used
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]