Mount Collector Support Group V14

90 Night Elf Druid
A new thread just in time for Valentines!

Show us how much you love us blizzard, love rockets all around!
90 Tauren Priest
Damnit Dakall... I was camping that thread waiting to cap it & start the next one...

Man RNG... you fickle wrench you... beaten again =P
90 Human Paladin
KoT
Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth and Ashes of Al'ar in the same week! Blizz must've heard I was considering unsubbing. ^_^
90 Tauren Priest
Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth and Ashes of Al'ar in the same week! Blizz must've heard I was considering unsubbing. ^_^

O.o - what a week! Grats!!

Oh yeah... umm... I totally want to unsub... you know, sick of the game, the grind, the dailies... umm... and sick of something else... yes... totally going to unsubscribe...

*waits patiently for reset to go try Alyz & Al'Akir again*
90 Night Elf Hunter
Spent my day trying to sell Bananas so that I could buy a mount. It never worked out. Missed a Galleon group by a hair too. Simply not my day.

Post midnight we downed a silver medal in Challenge Mode, though. So at least one mount prospect is looking up.
90 Human Paladin
KoT

O.o - what a week! Grats!!

Oh yeah... umm... I totally want to unsub... you know, sick of the game, the grind, the dailies... umm... and sick of something else... yes... totally going to unsubscribe...

*waits patiently for reset to go try Alyz & Al'Akir again*

Hehe, ty! The only reason I say that is because at the end of Wrath, I wasn't planning to buy Cata, and then in the span of a month or so I got the ZG Raptor, Baron's Deathcharger, Brewfest Ram, and the Horseman's mount.

I just got back from taking ~two months or so off and wasn't sure if I was coming back, and Blizz (*cough*RNG) had to go and hook me again.
90 Orc Warrior
wtb battle tank already /cry
90 Human Warlock
Well my TCG pet inventory just took a hell of a hit but picked up a Big Blizzard Bear ^_^

No. 239
90 Night Elf Hunter
Wow, major congratz on that one.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well my TCG pet inventory just took a hell of a hit but picked up a Big Blizzard Bear ^_^

Ya saw that one.....first thing that came to mind when i saw that guy selling that for a soul trader and chicken, only thing i was thinking was holy !@#$ lol. Got a good deal on that one though even if it set you back a little for bartering chips.

Would have definately hit him up if i didn't think someone else would within a day of him posting.
Edited by Wilhelm on 2/18/2013 8:38 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Mimi's Head on Shadowmoon BMAH, only at 300k right now! Gogogo
90 Night Elf Druid
Damnit Dakall... I was camping that thread waiting to cap it & start the next one...

Man RNG... you fickle wrench you... beaten again =P

LOL, sorry hun! You can blame Aeolyn and Lethal for that one!
90 Undead Warlock
Thread from the EU forums a few of you might find interesting:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6622122184
90 Human Priest
02/18/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Yukio
Thread from the EU forums a few of you might find interesting

I was going to make a post in the last thread addressing my feelings on the love rocket. I was going to suggest making it farmable for tokens like the OP in the thread you linked did; but I didn't even consider reverting it to the "each player summons boss once per day" way. I liked that suggestion though.

The only argument I see everyone presenting is "it'd be too common and nobody would ride it." And thats the only problem I have with it. People choose to ride mounts that make them feel like a special snowflake instead of just ........ riding what they LIKE? Maybe its just my opinion. If a mount is your favorite mount, I'd think you'd ride it even if a ton of other people did. But it looks like I'm wrong, people just ride things to make people jealous now /shrug
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thread from the EU forums a few of you might find interesting:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6622122184

As it stands i'd honestly put the rarity of the mount at around what gal/sha seem to be at now.....which ya.....for a boss that is up year round it's pretty on par if you have weekly or even daily resets, but for a boss thats only there 2 weeks out of the year it's just too low.

Don't see anything happening this year with it but ya there should definately be some changes made to the rocket for upcoming years, most of what that guy suggests sound pretty good.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Honestly, if I weren't getting 25 valor per run, I wouldn't bother.
90 Undead Warrior
Anything that is so low there is no decent chance for a person to get it running it on a single toon for 2 years straight is too low.

Somebody who puts the effort in to run it every single day should in theory get it after at least a 2 year commitment; Anything more and it's no longer "fun" (I'd say after year one of committing but RNG is RNG)

Things that are rare in this game should imo be things that are extremely hard to get.
I'm now playing on one of the most populated servers in the game but I've only seen /2/ of the T14 meta drakes.
For me; That is rarity at it's finest. Eventually - as the content become easier it'll become more common. Those who want it for it's looks or collection will get it then; but there'll be a new meta out to sate the appetites of the special snowflakes who are actually skilled at this game -
Not a bunch of pansy snowflakes who take pride in winning something that's as probable as the lottery - In a video game.

1-3% for Holiday mounts needs to be the norm.

And I agree full heart with Kaze;
I have the Onyx cloud serpent on my bars despite it being so common and despite me having so many rare mounts. I mostly ride what I like and throw in some of the uglier "rare" ones in between so they at least get seen so people know they exist.
People who ride something only because it's rare even if they hate it bother me.
E-Peen in a video game like that when it's apparent you can barely clear /anything/ is hilarious.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't care if every person in the game had Onyxia, the azure drake, and the arch bug. I would still ride them because they look awesome imo.
90 Undead Warrior
Open my Heart-Shaped Box of Fail;

The Heartbreaker

wtf is this thing
90 Tauren Druid
Am I the only person that feels there should be some items, especially 'vanity' items, that are nigh-impossible to get?

I've never understood the concept of "reasonable expectation of success", within the confines of games like this. It's even more apparent that too many people play this game with that mentality. Just look at the references to "Lose-day", "Fail box", and other demoralizing references. Remember when Schwert ranted a bit about people taking out their own frustrations on others' success? You all are doing that to yourselves when you let these low drop chances "un-fun" the game for you.

Nope, I don't have the Love-rocket. I've farmed the encounter very near to 6000 times at this point, due to the first time around being farmable. Is it disappointing? Sure. But does it make me rage and whine and complain when some idiot Warrior with Spirit gems gets it in my group (YESTERDAY), nope. Good for him.

I farmed over 25 THOUSAND foxes, without ever receiving the Fox Kit (Bought it with tokens), I killed Thekal in Original ZG EVERY SINGLE LOCKOUT from release (9.13.05) until I finally received it in April of '09. I've still never seen Horseman's mount, despite farming it relentlessly when it was farmable, and utilizing 8 toons daily when it became limited attempt. I know what disappointment is. But I don't let it frustrate me, because I don't feel I "deserve" it due to time-spent. Luck should never be related to entitlement.

All I'm really getting at, is perhaps the problem isn't that it's too rare, maybe it's not rare enough. Even now, there's the reasonable hope of some of the die-hards that throwing 15+ toons at it will produce the mount, but that's not what it should represent. There need to be more rewards to let people stand out. It's not about making others jealous, it's about community and identity. Just look at all these threads that call out specific people that were lucky enough. This game badly needs that sense of community back, and ultra-rare drops that aren't monopolized by the Realm First raid guild are a good way to create that type of local buzz.

Meh, I've played this game too long.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]