Mount Collector Support Group V14

90 Human Priest
02/18/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Arkadu
Am I the only person that feels there should be some items, especially 'vanity' items, that are nigh-impossible to get?

I'd agree with you if the item was like Kalytha's Haunted Locket , and it only dropped during holidays. But I can't bring myself to agree for pets and mounts. From what I've seen (and I could be wrong), pets and mounts are the most collected things in the game. A lot of people collect pets or mounts, as opposed to collecting profession patterns or titles, although there's a lot of variation among collectors. Either way, I don't feel like something that so many people strive to collect, should come down to such small chance, for only 2 weeks a year.

At the risk of sounding redundant, I'd be okay with rarity if it was something that could transform you, or lay something on the ground; but not mounts or pets. Just my opinion, I'm sure other people would agree and insist that these things should stay rare.
90 Undead Warrior
Blizzard has also been pushing the "collect them all" mantle with mounts and pets alike.
I'm pretty sure I've seen them toting that somewhere for mounts.

Yeah.
Collect them all.
Just get Gladiator every season and lol Loverocket.
90 Human Warlock
I think i would have to side with the majority of mount collectors on this one, 1-3% seems reasonable for a mount or pet that can only be accessed once a year for 2 weeks, i know a lot of people on my server and im also active socially on other servers too and nobody i know has got the mount so far this year even though many of us are doing multiple alts daily.

When Blizzard announce the event each year the rocket is featured in the screenshots, don't you think one or two people per server per year is a bit ridiculous? I don't mind if the RNG gods are a little mean to me ive run things 5 times to get a mount and ive run things 400+ times to get a mount i'll always keep pushing but to smash something 200 or so times per event only to walk away saddened and looking forward to next year is just wrong.
Edited by Lethalock on 2/18/2013 6:31 PM PST
If they can't increase the drop chance slightly, go back to the the way it was before these dreaded daily chances per toon or even put it on a vendor for 20000 tokens. Hopefully it could make an appearance on the BMAH at the very least.

Two of the most coveted mounts can show up already in Invincible and Mims. Now the Plagued Proto has on a few realms too. Why not add The Rocket ? Dare I say it'll cap more often than the first two mentioned.
90 Undead Warrior
Just added another Black Drake to my pile of "unlearned mounts".
Had to run Sarth 10 and absolutely everybody I knew had the mount already.

Thank goodness we avoided the situation with Azure a while back.
Had one drop grabbing Herald gear and /one/ person in the group didn't have it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/18/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Authentic
Two of the most coveted mounts can show up already in Invincible and Mims. Now the Plagued Proto has on a few realms too. Why not add The Rocket ? Dare I say it'll cap more often than the first two mentioned.

Honestly no reason for it and many others to go on there at this point. There has been 0 word on anything new being added to the bmah so far in 5.2.....even the obvious heroic pieces or patterns are mssing since you'd have to be derping pretty hard to buy the old 5.0 gear/patterns for 10k+ after the patch comes out and it becomes worthless.

And ya it's pretty lulzworthy that they haven't atleast upped the droprate to 1%+ like the rest of the event mounts, it being a rocket and reminiscent of the tcg ones may add some value to it and can see that making it a "little" rarer but below even .1% rare which is probably rarer than any other mount currently obtainable ingame rare? don't think so.

Some things should be rare in the game i agree and vanity should be the highlight of rare, but to strap that rarity of rarest mount ingame to a 2 week or less event? there's no logical meaning behind it.
90 Tauren Priest
X-51 Nether-Rocket X-TREME is up on my realm's BMAH - already at 60k... I'm wondering if I should or not, had a browse through the TCG Sale thread & the only price I could see 'advertised' was 250k. You guys know what the going rate for this is?

Damnit Dakall... I was camping that thread waiting to cap it & start the next one...

Man RNG... you fickle wrench you... beaten again =P

LOL, sorry hun! You can blame Aeolyn and Lethal for that one!

LOL - sounds good to me (also, I have no idea if you are getting my return messages on Real ID?)
10 Troll Warlock
02/18/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Kazeijin
The only argument I see everyone presenting is "it'd be too common and nobody would ride it." And thats the only problem I have with it.
As much as I'd like to pretend my rocket makes me special, people only need to look at how many people actually ride their Hallow's End mount to see that coolness can trump value based on rarity. But I have no idea if people even rate the Love Rocket that cool.

02/18/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Schwert
E-Peen in a video game like that when it's apparent you can barely clear /anything/ is hilarious.

But.. my rocket. It's big and pink. I must wag it to prove my worth and make up for my raid group's inability. That's how it works, right?

Or maybe I'll luck out and be willing to spend more gold that anyone else on my server for that Drake of the South Wind that's on the BMAH right now.
90 Night Elf Druid

LOL - sounds good to me (also, I have no idea if you are getting my return messages on Real ID?)
Im not actually, I dont even see you online. I rarely see you online?

Im actually heading off in a minute or two, :(
Edited by Eillesa on 2/18/2013 7:42 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
X-51 Nether-Rocket X-TREME is up on my realm's BMAH - already at 60k... I'm wondering if I should or not, had a browse through the TCG Sale thread & the only price I could see 'advertised' was 250k. You guys know what the going rate for this is?

Not even close to the 250k someone was asking for it. Lately what i've been seeing is the blue one is actually worth more than the red because the red is the only one that can be gotten off the bmah making it's value go down.

But what i see on most higher end servers i browse around on 90-110k is what i usually see the red rocket for and then usually the blue for 15-20k more.
Edited by Wilhelm on 2/18/2013 7:47 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
Given that they didn't tell us that the plagued and black proto were being added it really wouldn't surprise me of they throw in the old ZA bear and some others future patches on the quiet. I would much rather the old ZA bear be put back into the 5 man ZA as a 1% drop from the final boss as opposed to being put on the BMAH.

I'd love the BMAH burn to the ground and the mounts they want to slip back into the game like plagued/black proto should just be put in as 1% drops from Kel'Thuzad if they really feel compelled to put them back in. I guess i just love farming 1% drops and will never like people being able to buy rare mounts without having to have ever set foot into an instance.
10 Troll Warlock
Oh, the Black Proto-Drake is showing up too? Curious.

I really wish they would have put them back into the game in a way that got my friends and I out into dungeons and having fun rather than sneaking it in as a gold cap too.
90 Human Warlock
02/18/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Wilhelm
But what i see on most higher end servers i browse around on 90-110k is what i usually see the red rocket for and then usually the blue for 15-20k more.

Wilhelm is spot on market value Soph.
90 Tauren Priest
Not even close to the 250k someone was asking for it. Lately what i've been seeing is the blue one is actually worth more than the red because the red is the only one that can be gotten off the bmah making it's value go down.

02/18/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Lethalock
Wilhelm is spot on market value Soph.

Thanks guys! and thanks so much Wilhelm!! I think I'll probably go throw some gold on it when I get home and leave it at that, if it goes over, then meh, I can probably buy it on the TCG thread at some point. Thanks for the input - appreciate it!

Im not actually, I dont even see you online. I rarely see you online?

Im actually heading off in a minute or two, :(

Yeah I seen you on this morning, you said about starting the next thread and then I responded and nothing - second time it's happened. Really weird...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Given that they didn't tell us that the plagued and black proto were being added it really wouldn't surprise me of they throw in the old ZA bear and some others future patches on the quiet. I would much rather the old ZA bear be put back into the 5 man ZA as a 1% drop from the final boss as opposed to being put on the BMAH.

I'd love the BMAH burn to the ground and the mounts they want to slip back into the game like plagued/black proto should just be put in as 1% drops from Kel'Thuzad if they really feel compelled to put them back in. I guess i just love farming 1% drops and will never like people being able to buy rare mounts without having to have ever set foot into an instance.

SO MUCH THIS!

There should be some way for people to get those mounts. Sure, I'd pay $150 for the tiger, but I'd rather have some way to get it in game. 1% drop, .1% drop, .01% drop, whatever. I would level as many toons as it took to get it. Having an infinitesimal chance is better than none. They could even make it so people that get them once they're put back in don't get a feat of strength. I JUST WANT MY TIGER (or, you know, a way to farm for it).

I would trade the onyxian drake which caused so much pain, the TLPD that I camped so long for, the azure drake which I lost 3 times before winning, the blue drake that I lost twice and paid 10k for the third time only for it to drop the next week, and any mount I've ever shown off around town for that big kitty.

I'm not sure how many times I've ranted about this on the forums, but every time it gets mentioned I get all riled up and have to vehemently oppose people or support other people.
/endrant
Edited by Paladindrome on 2/19/2013 12:04 AM PST
90 Undead Warlock
02/18/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Arkadu
Am I the only person that feels there should be some items, especially 'vanity' items, that are nigh-impossible to get?

I've always argued that sporadical removal of the visible vanity items (mounts and titles) is healthy for allowing character customization and helps create a timeline of both a toon's and server's history.

TBC nailed it right by removing the Amani War Bear mount as well as the raiding titles when the entire expansion was trivialized by patch 3.0. With Wrath's paradigm shift away from linear progression to the notion of a "current" tier and everything before being instantly obsolete with that tier's release I thought the notion of the meta-drake removal was an interesting cosmetic reward for PVE.

Somewhere along the way that design faltered as they left meta drakes in long past any difficulty and then decided to leave the mounts from the two signature encounters of the expansion in after 4.0's release.

I think the account wide addition does open up a reasonable compromise with regards to vanity. Leave it all in but require that the content be done at the appropriate level, the disabling of any available zone buffs, and in the appropriate gear i.e. no using later tier's gear to beat encounters. To some extent the difficulty is still trivialized by class and ability changes as the game moves forward it would at least require more than steamrolling long outdated content.

Edit: removed mention of a level 60 raiding guild I thought had gone extinct since it turns out they continue to rock on in MC, BWL, and AQ!
Edited by Yukio on 2/19/2013 12:57 AM PST
90 Human Warlock
02/19/2013 12:40 AMPosted by Yukio
I've always argued that sporadical removal of the visible vanity items (mounts and titles) is healthy for allowing character customization and helps create a timeline of both a toon's and server's history.

I agree with titles i think it would be great if titles from normal and heroic raiding were removed as soon as the next tier comes out so people cant go back and smash them with the next tiers gear. Mounts on the other hand i disagree, not only from a mount collectors point of view but from the point of view of a person that likes to see people getting together and running stuff for fun/meta mounts/mount drops/mog gear.

As far as epeen flexing on mounts that will always be the job for the current hardest tier drops and meta's once the tier is over progression guilds move on to the next new thing, stopping others from collecting them when raiders are done with them is a little mean and does nothing for the servers community.
90 Dwarf Paladin
If you could only get cool stuff within a 5 month span of time, I would quit the game. I'm not on a cutting edge server. I'm not transfering characters to be on a cutting edge server. And I'm not leveling a host of new characters to be on a cutting edge server.

I outgear and I outlevel content. Something I've been doing since playing Final Fantasy II on the SNES. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's a game. Some people do challenge mode stuff like using only a crowbar to beat Half-Life, while others QQQQQ their way.
Edited by Cbredbeard on 2/19/2013 10:36 AM PST
I like having those very rare random drop mounts in the game. Especially for a limited time each year. It's random luck as to who gets one and who doesn't. Grinding it out with 10 toons or one makes little difference overall and gives anyone a chance to get it every year. Sure I'm ow I won't get one but that does not stop me from doing it twice every day, even replacing some of my other daily runs and activities. The pure randomness of it is the best part. I'll still run this as often as I can untill I get it years down the road.

In other news, nothing has dropped this week, so I bought the three crane mounts bringing me upto 163. That's all the rep mounts for the current expansion so far so no more "give me's".

I did start running some raids with open raid groups in hopes of getting a mount. Ran Ulduar, ICC H25, Firelands and ToTFW all with the same basic group of people. They were great runs got lots of achievements ( I've not done any of those raids in full) and am closer to the meta mounts. Signed up again for the same ones this week. I'll have to get my alt doing them too. Will also have to get in some groups young for all the achievements so I can get the meta mounts, I'm missing most of those.

Good luck everyone on your runs.
90 Draenei Shaman
Another week of potential excitement!

I just wanted to wish everyone luck on their runs this week!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]