Sooo where the heck is Kael'thas's mother.

You never hear any mention of Kael'thas's mother. I mean If there is a Sun king there had to be a Sun Queen if Anasterian had a son right? I Have heard no mention of her in the books wow wiki or pedia so what the hell happened to her? I would really like to know if Blizzard tends to do anything where the Queen maybe returns from hiding or at least calarify if she died at child birth or simply was among the thousands that were swept away by the scourge. Come on Blizzard females are important too lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/18/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Xarduss
You never hear any mention of Kael'thas's mother. I mean If there is a Sun king there had to be a Sun Queen if Anasterian had a son right?

Not always, especially if we look at our own history.

Honestly, we can probably assume she's dead since she didn't rise to the throne immediately after Kael's death. That said, I hope maybe one of Kael's relatives, be it a cousin, long thought dead sister or neice stands up and becomes Queen. Would be nice to see another female ruler, plus it'd free up Lor'themar (who would then be free to lead armies... and I believe it was said he hates being a political leader).
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Melyria
You never hear any mention of Kael'thas's mother. I mean If there is a Sun king there had to be a Sun Queen if Anasterian had a son right?

Not always, especially if we look at our own history.

Honestly, we can probably assume she's dead since she didn't rise to the throne immediately after Kael's death. That said, I hope maybe one of Kael's relatives, be it a cousin, long thought dead sister or neice stands up and becomes Queen. Would be nice to see another female ruler, plus it'd free up Lor'themar (who would then be free to lead armies... and I believe it was said he hates being a political leader).

Well thats the thing Kael'thas took the throne when his father died so his mother could of been on the side lines the entire time. Now after Kael'thas's betrayel I think at that point the blood elves were opting to just throw out all who were even remotly related by blood to Kael'thas because of how horrible his treason was. I mean when you join the legion and try to bring Kil'jaeden into Azeroth that is some seruise buisness.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Anasterian was very, very old for an elf. He was slender and frail, with white hair that nearly reached his feet. His skin was said to be thin as parchment and lined like old wood.

If his wife was of a similar age, she may have died of natural causes some time ago. If not, she was likely killed when the Scourge sacked Quel'Thalas.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Yes, but I think enough time has passed, along with some cultural changes with the Blood Elves, that would open them up for another royal leader.

They can't just keep dealing with regent lords.
Reply Quote
Yes, but I think enough time has passed, along with some cultural changes with the Blood Elves, that would open them up for another royal leader.

They can't just keep dealing with regent lords.

Well I can agree with that which is why I would like to see her maybe come back and take the throne because Lor'themar really should be leading armies rather than playing politics.
Reply Quote
Anasterian was very, very old for an elf. He was slender and frail, with white hair that nearly reached his feet. His skin was said to be thin as parchment and lined like old wood.

If his wife was of a similar age, she may have died of natural causes some time ago. If not, she was likely killed when the Scourge sacked Quel'Thalas.

Well yes that is a likely scenerio but if its the case I would like Blizzard to at least take a moment to clarify. Its really just a loose end in the story that grinds my gears
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

He was spry enough to go to war and die in combat against the scourge, as per the Quel'delar questline.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Melyria

He was spry enough to go to war and die in combat against the scourge, as per the Quel'delar questline.

He ruled for what like 2 or 3 thousand years? That's a long time for a High Elf to be alive.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/18/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Haaely

He ruled for what like 2 or 3 thousand years? That's a long time for a High Elf to be alive.

I'm not saying it wasn't, just commenting that he was still strong enough to go to war on the front line.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/18/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Melyria

Both Tides of Darkness and Rise of the Lich King made a point of describing how ancient and frail he looked... and while he did confront Arthas in the latter novel, he didn't last long. With a single blow, Arthas snapped Anasterian's sword, struck him down and ripped his soul out.
Reply Quote

I'm not saying it wasn't, just commenting that he was still strong enough to go to war on the front line.

I'd always thought it was more or less just willpower that made him capable of striking fast, he wouldn't of lasted long no matter what, but it's better than going down cowering in fear of your enemy.

Also I'd imagine his wife is dead. It would be nice if perhaps after MoP someone decided that they should step up and claim the throne to help lead their people while Lor'themar just stays as a military general for the Blood Elves, or even Warchief lol.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Where's Kael'thas's mum? Same place where Mankrik's wife is.

On a more serious note, I rather like having the Sunstriders stay dead. Lorthemar's an interesting leader. He's very conflicted, and very torn and is very out of place. That makes for good story telling. In fact, I would venture to say he's the most interesting of the horde leaders -

- Garrosh is prone to mood swings
- Gallywix is a one dimensional greedy turncoat
- Sylvanas is only shown to be aggressive and ruthless (save for that one moment in her short story)
- Voljin is a one dimensional I'm going to kill you Garrosh one day character.
- Baine is a one dimensional lawfully good character.

Besides, blood elves don't need anymore military commanders. They have Hauldron for the farstriders, Rommath and now Aethas for the magisters and Lladrin for the blood knights. Melee, range and magic. All set.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm willing to accept that the Queen is dead. It would be nice if Blizz took some time to clarify, even as a sidenote in an askCDev, but with her assumed age even if she was alive she wouldn't be claiming the throne. Honestly she'd probably urge Theron to do it.

I've always thought it would be interesting if a female Sunstrider showed up and married Theron, thereby establishing his claim to the throne and a new dynasty. This would solve his reluctance to fully become king. Preferrably she would be a character in her own right. A loving leader with an agressive aptitude towards politics, a true Queen to rally the power and pride of her people, but a !@#$% to rival Sylvanas when dealing with matter of state (because I think we can all agree someone needs to reign Sylvanas in occasionally, be that through a surprising friendship of leaders or the challenge of a powerful rival). This would give us not only a new female leader, but a strong one we can all support. It would bring a solution to the issue of Theron preferring to stay on the battlefield (though he could still be seen making decisions, they would simply have different areas of expertise), and his reluctance to assume the throne.

On the note that we have more than enough military leaders, I agree. But they all specialize in one area and several despise each other. Theron could easily become a true King, riding into battle (as he's known to be a fierce combatant and spectacular tactician) and coordinating the different military commanders we have. Kind of like the department of defense, with the heads of the Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, etc. all under the President, except a hell of a lot more interesting and effective.

Thoughts?
Edited by Maihray on 2/20/2013 12:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/20/2013 12:32 AMPosted by Maihray
I'm willing to accept that the Queen is dead. It would be nice if Blizz took some time to clarify, even as a sidenote in an askCDev, but with her assumed age even if she was alive she wouldn't be claiming the throne. Honestly she'd probably urge Theron to do it.

I'm on the same boat. I would much prefer some confirmation, so we're not left not knowing.

02/20/2013 12:32 AMPosted by Maihray
I've always thought it would be interesting if a female Sunstrider showed up and married Theron, thereby establishing his claim to the throne and a new dynasty. This would solve his reluctance to fully become king. Preferrably she would be a character in her own right. A loving leader with an agressive aptitude towards politics, a true Queen to rally the power and pride of her people, but a !@#$% to rival Sylvanas when dealing with matter of state (because I think we can all agree someone needs to reign Sylvanas in occasionally, be that through a surprising friendship of leaders or the challenge of a powerful rival). This would give us not only a new female leader, but a strong one we can all support. It would bring a solution to the issue of Theron preferring to stay on the battlefield (though he could still be seen making decisions, they would simply have different areas of expertise), and his reluctance to assume the throne.

... I really like this idea. Perhaps said Queen could stand with Lor'themar in Silvermoon, and they could share a health pool for gameplay reasons. Then, whenever the Sin'dorei military is needed, we'd see Lor'themar heading them. Whenever politics are shown, we would see said Queen doing her thing. Might be rather interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

Well yes that is a likely scenerio but if its the case I would like Blizzard to at least take a moment to clarify. Its really just a loose end in the story that grinds my gears
Get over it, we don't know about many of the main character's parents or family members in WOW.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/20/2013 04:33 AMPosted by Aludreus
I really like this idea. Perhaps said Queen could stand with Lor'themar in Silvermoon, and they could share a health pool for gameplay reasons. Then, whenever the Sin'dorei military is needed, we'd see Lor'themar heading them. Whenever politics are shown, we would see said Queen doing her thing. Might be rather interesting.

I see it like that, kind of a Tyrande/Malfurion thing wtihout the Cenaurions. It would give the Sin'dorei some significant lore continuation (Yes I know we've seen them since BC but nothing really interesting. And most of it has to do with Dalaran, which I don't count.), and possibly give blizz some reason to update Quel'thalas. I also just like the feel of it. The Blood Elves need a royal family, that's how their society works. Everything has been either in ruins or so disparate as to be essentially useless. They have supposedly rebuilt much, though still few in numbers. We need to re-establish what we had prior to Arthas and Kael'thas.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
02/20/2013 04:48 AMPosted by Elrith
Get over it, we don't know about many of the main character's parents or family members in WOW.

Sylvannas and her sisters
Thrall's parents
Garrosh's father
Varian's dad
Anduin's mom
Mal, Tyrande, and Illidan's dead parents
Vol'jin's father
Baine's father
Velen's brothers
Reply Quote
- Garrosh is prone to mood swings
- Gallywix is a one dimensional greedy turncoat
- Sylvanas is only shown to be aggressive and ruthless (save for that one moment in her short story)
- Voljin is a one dimensional I'm going to kill you Garrosh one day character.
- Baine is a one dimensional lawfully good character.

/cry

Gallywix cant even be found in game aside form the goblin starter zone...

Well at least for Baine's sake we keep the lawfully good to one person instead of an entire faction lol.

Personally the most interesting character is Sylvanas (This is an opinion do NOT start a Sylvanas rant). Vol'jin is pretty boring I agree, if he wasn't a troll no one would care about him.

Garrosh... lets just not talk about him after this expansion and his horribly failed experiment of a character.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
shes hanging out with garrosh's mom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]