Ele gear vs Resto gear

Hi Shamans,

I've always been a bit unsure about this since I hit 90.

As a shaman, switching between resto and Elemental, is it viable to use the same gear? Obviously switching up between trinkets and possible tier sets for the bonuses?

The reason I ask is due to reforging and gemming.. and the differences in stat priority between Ele and Resto..

I'd love to gear some opinions on this!
Reply Quote
Shameless self bump
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The first problem you'll likely have is Hit/mana regen. You'll want far more Spirit on your gear for Resto than you'll need as Ele; you'll be obscenely over hitcap very quickly.

I can't comment on the secondary stat priority for Elemental, past the fact that I know the Spirit I have gets me to 27% hit when in Ele OS; I only use my dps spec for questing and haven't looked into how I'm supposed to gear ;)
Reply Quote
Sounds to me like you've been playing the same way as I have, only using Ele for OS/Questing. Yeah I noticed the hit issue, but it would seem alot of gear even for Elemental has spirit on it.. Maybe I should continue this way, I prefer healing over DPS anyway, but it's nice to mix it up sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Stat budgeting is only concern if you're trying to be competitive in your off spec. I can't mix/match gear with ele and resto without dropping a chunk of gold because I reforge to crit for resto(mastery to 50ish percent then the rest crit), and like one of the other guys said reforging out of spirit is a bad idea.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Get all spirit gear you can. Since healing is less forgiving. You can reforge extra spirit to haste/mastery when you go elemental. Reforge mainly the cheap items like gloves, rings, neck, cloak. Weapon, chest and pants are very expensive to reforge.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm main spec resto. Most of my gear plays double duty. I'm a pretty casual raider so I don't reforge when I switch specs. As ele I'm way over hit cap from spirit and don't have ideal secondary stat reforges. But I do just fine dps wise. It is extremely viable for casual pve.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The first problem you'll likely have is Hit/mana regen. You'll want far more Spirit on your gear for Resto than you'll need as Ele; you'll be obscenely over hitcap very quickly.

I can't comment on the secondary stat priority for Elemental, past the fact that I know the Spirit I have gets me to 27% hit when in Ele OS; I only use my dps spec for questing and haven't looked into how I'm supposed to gear ;)

That Xmog is awesome!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

That Xmog is awesome!

I have to say, I like Whitebunny's helm a lot (and good job with the rest of the mog too, but the helm seems especially different & cool to me... I'm new to mail-wearing though, so go ahead and laugh at me if it's something totally common... I still like the look!)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]