[H] Ashes of Eversong <Medium RP>

90 Blood Elf Paladin
A succinct proclamation is tacked to the “Horde Board” in each capital city, divided into two sections. The first is written in flowing Thalassian, the latter in an elegantly stylized Orcish script.

Sin’dorei—heed the call of Quel’Thalas and make haste to the Court of the Sun.

With the Sunwell restored our return to glory has just begun. Serve our beloved Silvermoon City by offering support to your brethren. Only through unison can we hope to reclaim all that was lost as we continue to strengthen relations with our newfound allies. We must strive to ensure that sin’dorei interests are preserved within the greater machinations of the Horde.

We are the Ashes of Eversong and we will prevail.

Report to Blood Knight Candela in the Sunfury Spire.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The sin’dorei are pleased to work closely with our friends from beyond Quel’Thalas. As a demonstration of our sincerity, we cordially invite any citizen of the Horde to join us. Your affiliation with the sin’dorei will be invaluable to us all, a manifestation of solidarity as we march toward common purpose. As an esteemed guest in the Court of the Sun, any services you can provide while you represent your people are welcome. All that we require is a willingness to work together for the benefit of all.

For additional information on how you can better serve the Horde, please present yourself at the Court of the Sun and request an audience with Candela Sunrunner.

Guild website: www.aoe.enjin.com

There are no admission requirements. Role-players of all skill levels and experience are accepted, including alts. All that is required is a positive attitude, civility, and immersion into the World of Warcraft!

If you are shy but curious about RP, don't hesitate to give AoE a try! You'll fit right in.

There is a political element to the RP in AoE—that whole "sin'dorei interests" bit—but your character does not have fulfill this role. There are countless ways your character can fit into the big picture, so be creative!

We hope to foster RP between guilds in order to enrich the community at large.

As of this time, there are no future plans of delving into progression raiding or competitive PvP unless enough interest is generated by members.

We are labeled as <Medium RP> for several reasons:

Guild chat is OOC.

You are free to RP however you choose and at your leisure. Character interactions are encouraged but not mandatory—it’s perfectly acceptable to be a recluse, off doing your own thing.

We are too laid back to consider ourselves anything but casual! Medium RP allows for immersion without the pressure of always having to remain in-character.
Edited by Candela on 2/24/2013 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you! Any Horde race & class combination is welcome.

I also wanted to emphasize that we aim to be very friendly towards new RPers. A lore degree is not required! I am more than happy to help players find the resources they need to start out in the right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/19/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Lacrìmosa
(though as I have stated here, my primary faction will be Alliance...unless they are outnumbered in a particular fight).

Alliance-side, you might want to look into <BARBARIANS> if you haven't decided on an RP guild yet! The whole mission is to assist new RPers and transfers in developing skills and finding the right guild.
Reply Quote
51 Gnome Monk
@ Candela, best of luck to you and I will add <Ashes of Eversong> to my recommend list. Be on the lookout for Bitterdeath:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923873274

I think you might be a good match for one another.

@ Lacrimosa, thank you for your interest!

Honestly, <BARBARIANS> is probably not going to level very quickly at all. We are intended as an easy access guild intended to help out people who are new, whether it is to WoW itself, roleplay or Ravenholdt server or any combination of these.

All our officers are experienced at each, and have willingly signed on as mentors to help people get their footing in whatever. I fully expect most people to move on to more focused and dedicated guilds. This one is fun, lighthearted introduction and orientation, and we'd love to have you if you are interested.

I should also state that Stonesmiter is very much an alt. My main is Stonzgrinda Horde side, and presently GM of Bloodfury Clan. That takes most of my time and energy. But if you hang around long enough, on a bad day you may encounter Stonesmiter skulking around here and there.
Reply Quote
Good to know of another guild that I can keep recommending to people!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@ Candela, best of luck to you and I will add <Ashes of Eversong> to my recommend list.

02/19/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Aerana
Good to know of another guild that I can keep recommending to people!

Thank you for the support, it's greatly appreciated! I don't have any grand ambitions, really, but I would like to create a fun little niche for people that enjoy sin'dorei lore--without going into the typical House-style format--that is receptive to RPers of all types.

02/19/2013 10:43 PMPosted by Ilaria
Also glad to see that playing both factions isn't frowned upon either.

Oh, no, many of us proudly play both factions! It makes for some great cross-faction RP, too!
Reply Quote
Candela. I absolutely adore you. Call on us if you ever have need. Hope to be seeing you :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/20/2013 06:41 AMPosted by Alkaïd
Candela. I absolutely adore you. Call on us if you ever have need. Hope to be seeing you :D

That is very kind of you, thank you so much. I'm sure our paths will cross again soon---if not, we'll have to plan something!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Updated to better reflect the guild concept and philosophy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump for an up-and-running new guild website. Check us out!

EDIT: www.aoe.enjin.com
Edited by Candela on 2/24/2013 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Love your website Candela. I Bookmarked it and am eagerly waiting to read some AOE stories in your forums.

*Cheers!*
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thank you! Any Horde race & class combination is welcome.

I also wanted to emphasize that we aim to be very friendly towards new RPers. A lore degree is not required! I am more than happy to help players find the resources they need to start out in the right direction.

"Lore degree"! I love it.

There is a great need for a Blood Elf dominant guild or house. I like the low threshold for entry into RP. Sometimes - often in fact - we set the bar so high that people with the interest and the desire don't make the attempt.

We are such a narrow niche hobby that we really need to cultivate those with any interest or skill level at all, if their efforts are sincere.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 06:48 AMPosted by Stonzgrinda
There is a great need for a Blood Elf dominant guild or house.

My thoughts exactly! I will steer clear of the House-style guild format though. I am leaning more towards a political organization that seeks to work with the Horde at large. More like an embassy than a collection of nobility.

With that in mind, I'm also advertising AoE as community-driven RP. Our focus will be to support inter-guild RP by attending and encouraging public events. We will also be reaching out to other known RP guilds (possibly on both sides of the fence, maybe) for the purpose of sending an IC delegation. This is fundamental to our guild purpose and I'm hoping to help enrich the community by representing blood elves in this way. We shall see how it all works out! I have received a lot of support so far.

02/27/2013 06:48 AMPosted by Stonzgrinda
We are such a narrow niche hobby that we really need to cultivate those with any interest or skill level at all, if their efforts are sincere.

Amen to that! No matter the skill level at entry, RP is like any other activity wherein practice makes perfect. The way in which you portray your character's actions and personality will evolve over time the more you interact with others. We're here to help with that!

EDIT: Typos. It's so annoying how they elude detection until you hit the submit button.
Edited by Candela on 2/27/2013 8:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Allow me to shamelessly bump this recruitment thread to report that we have seen a gradual rise in membership! All-in-all, much more than I was expecting so soon after opening the doors.

I strongly encourage anyone interested in this theme to contact me! As our numbers swell, you can expect to see some talented and dedicated RPers reaching out to other guilds and players to foster RP at large.

As we dispatch envoys to further our goals, your stories will be heard, appreciated, and enriched by including more members of the community!
Reply Quote
That's so great to hear, Candela!

*Bumps*
Reply Quote
My alt joined the Ashes of Eversong. I have to say, it is one of the most welcoming guilds I have ever joined!
I love the laid back atmosphere. I want to RP but I am not pressured to. My character is still in development. It is nice that I am in a guild where I can take my time and advance my character at my own pace.
I was weary of joining a "Medium" RP guild. I always assumed Medium meant the guild cared very little for Role Playing. I stand corrected, they do actually care!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do you like brownies, Diann? You are raking in the points!

On a serious note, thank you! That is exactly the environment I hope to create.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]