New to arenas.

90 Gnome Mage
A friend and myself have started an arena team, and really don't quite know what we are doing. We have been trying Restoration Shaman and Frost Mage, and I am not sure if other specs would be better. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
That will work well. The best thing for learning how to arena is by experience

just keep playing games
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Yeah, we have been trying to gear up. The armory seems to have a bit of delay on updating my info, but I bought new gems and some gear, as well as played 5-6 more matches. What I am having the biggest problem with is burst, they open up and kill one of us immediately, even when we blow all of our defensive CD's.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Right now, what we have been see most of is Frost DK's and BM hunters. The DK is not that much of a problem, if we kite and wait for AMS to go down, but the hunter rips us up in the mean time. I have started watching youtube/twitch for gameplay in arenas as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
until your full geared and at a appropriate MMR you wont have fun, if your horribly geared and would like to get some experience with out facing full malevolent every game i suggest losing 20 in a row to tank your mmr tons, then youll be facing either a) noobs b) people in your equivelent gear ... witch will help you learn and win and hopefully not get discouraged
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/20/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Pachyderm
Any comps specifically, or just everything?
I often run with a resto shammy and I have the most issues with ret/arms. I try to cc one of them but it's like trying to stop a truck by standing in front of it. Usually they blow up the resto in seconds and then me. I'd like to know if I could do something differently as well.
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/21/2013 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Thanks Spookz that is very useful advice
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]