Which Hatchlings to stone?

90 Night Elf Druid
I've got two Flawless Dragonkin stones and I can't make up my mind who to use them on so I thought I'd ask some experts. I'm leaning towards the Thundering Hatchling and Wild Crimson Hatchling. I know the S/S Silver Dragonhawk is good (and requires a stone since it's from a vendor) but I don't PvP much so I don't think I would use it. Mostly I want to make sure I'm not making a mistake by chosing the Crimson over Jade or Golden (or possibly one of my other Dragonkin I've overlooked).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
In general I only use a stone on a non wild (ie catchable) pet. For me to stone one that I can catch as a rare is a waste of a stone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah but I've been having a heck of a time farming the Hatchlings. I'm not worried about stoning every pet I have.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Every once in a while I would fly over to where the hatchlings are, kill every pet that wasn't a hatchling and fight those that were. Got them all eventually, just took some time. They're not heavily farmed at least.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
There's not a lot of non-rare options for Dragonkin stones (dragonhawks and thundering serpent hatching being it).

But Emerald Protowhelps are kind of a pita to farm (and useful in PvE / PvP), so that would be my first stone choice.

I haven't gotten to Exalted with Cloud Serpent yet; so I can't say how hard it is to find compared to the Infinite Whelplings, to say what my second stone choice would be.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've got my Emerald Proto-whelp (breed 4) already. I have an uncommon Infinite Whelpling but he's not a very good breed and he's heavily farmed on my server. I'll get around to replacing him eventually.

I guess I'll just stone the Thundering Hatchling and leave the second stone sitting in the bank for a bit. Don't need to make a decision now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Yeah, I have run out of dragonkin to use stones on. I have 2 stones sitting in my bank. If I had a thundering, I'd definitely use it on that.

I think the Wild Jade is a better breed than the Crimson if you don't have a rare. The extra health is good for Lightning storm teams and the speed on the Crimson works against your tail swipe.

I used dragonkin stones on an Infinite P/P and a Nexxus P/P. Both useful pets. The Infinite is fun against the Darkmoon tamer and the Nexxus decimates flyers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]