4. DK
5. Monk
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
1) DK
5) Monk

The rest float in between.
Reply Quote
This is an easy question to answer for me.

The tank being played by the better player. It's one of the things that people seem to forget about. I've healed every tank class in the game in pretty much every version of the game and a bad player will make even an OP tank class difficult to heal.

There's lots of little things the better players do to make your life easier so be on the look out for these guys and girls. Friend them when you find them.
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
02/22/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Horac
The tank being played by the better player. It's one of the things that people seem to forget about. I've healed every tank class in the game in pretty much every version of the game and a bad player will make even an OP tank class difficult to heal.

This.

Any good tank is easy to heal.

From my experience healing different tanks in my guild: Paladin, DK, Warrior, Monk (We've never had a druid tank since I've been healing)

From running random dungeons: Warrior, Paladin, Druid, Monk, and if it's a DK I seriously consider dropping group.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks. Well the opinions may also vary because of the players playing each classes. Like when I was leveling up my monk in those level 60-70 dungeons, I found pallies and warriors easier to heal and druids too, but not dk tanks. They used to get hit really bad. But once they get mastery I think they are the most easier to heal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
1) DK
5) Monk

agree 100%

We had a warrior reroll monk tank. He is so hard to heal and sometimes just gets one shot it would seem.
Reply Quote
72 Night Elf Druid
the one that doesn't run up ahead of the group, and then LOS tank a bunch of mobs out of the healers view.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Warriors and paladins all seem to be pretty average to heal, where druids, DKs, and monks will either be a healer's dream, or a healer's nightmare. There really doesn't seem to be much middle ground with them. In other words, a great druid, DK, or monk is far easier to heal than a great paladin or warrior, but a bad one will be much, much worse.
Edited by Pipikaula on 2/22/2013 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
1) DK
5) Monk

I'd say DKs are one of the hardest, simply because of the way they work. Its like on sha when they take all 3 swings of a thrash you don't panic and go "oh no big heal quick!" because they are going to heal a lot of it back. So while they aren't hard to heal in regards to keeping them up, they require more thought than just ut oh damage hit buttons!

As far as actual effective healing required I'd say

1) Warrior-You know they will take damage, you know they have no way to heal it
2) Monk- You can literally see how much damage they are taking big stagger, big heals
3) Pally- Consistent stream of moderate damage, can surprise you with a big self heal
4) Druid- So much dodge, sometimes they need no healing, other times they need it all
5) DK- They are going to take the most damage, but they are also going to heal the most so it can be hard as a good healer to hold back and let them DS instead of just bombing them with a gheal or the like.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
1) DK
5) Monk

Sometimes, but Ive had awesome Monks that dont take any damage, and crappy DKs that go from full to 20% in one GCD. It depends on the player in my opinion
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
The Dk's I've had the pleasure of healing utilize their self heals when necessary, as well as tank and keep aggro very well. Bloodworms yayyyyyy. And if by some foul mistake I find myself on the floor, they're always there to pick me back up again.

I've found Monk tanks difficult to heal, and I cannot understand why. I mean, they're similar to Druid-tanks as leatherwearers, no? I have no problem healing the bear usually, but the Monk seems squishy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
1. Paladin (assuming they dont have stupid talents)
2. Warrior
3. Monk (assuming they aren't incompetent)
4. Bear
5. Dk (LOLOLOLOL SPIKE DAMAGE)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In term of damage taken, they are all about the same. The biggest difference is what they bring on top on being a tank. Bear and DK bring insane dps, and Paladin and Monk bring a lot of extra raid healing. Personally, I think Warrior get a little bit short changed this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I had had a horrible run of druid tanks levelling.

Got an insanely good one the other day that made squee to heal. Chain pulling insanity BUT he gauged ACCURATELY how much he could handle with a margin for error, used CDs, and was easy as heck to heal.

So IMO, it's definitely the player that makes or breaks it. I've had miserable healing experiences and awesome ones with all the classes now, including the ones often rated squishy - monk and druid - and the good ones were just amazing. And the bad pallies, DKs, and warriors were as spiky as if they were in cloth. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
People who don't suck take significantly less damage than people who do; regardless of class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I have a druid tank as a main so I know the sheer toolkit they bring to the table when tanking. If a bear can use their toolkit right and have the right sense for stats then they just wont go down. As for healing I get worried when I see a tank with less HP than I have. I got both a pally tank and warrior tank so far pulling this stunt, they equip themselves with the vender ilev 408 greens and tank with that. They must cheat the item level to queue for a heroic. The paladin in said example thought he could chain pull everything as if he out geared the content but ended up as a blood smear on the floor.

Its the tank that thinks he can chain pull everything yet doesn't know his own limits that scares me the most. Sure tanks that take 10 minutes between each pull bores me to no end but if you are just starting heroics and/or don't know your defensive abilities don't try and take 2-3 pulls at once because you can't handle it. On the same note I have seen poorly geared tanks wanting to take it slower since they know they don't have the same ability as a raid geared tank and the dps are urging him to go faster than what he can handle. That also can be very annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Tanks that don't piss me off. The others are usually hovering at about 40% hp while I spam mindsear on them. <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/22/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Rasul
In term of damage taken, they are all about the same. The biggest difference is what they bring on top on being a tank. Bear and DK bring insane dps, and Paladin and Monk bring a lot of extra raid healing. Personally, I think Warrior get a little bit short changed this tier.

skull banner stronk....
and some raid comps (mine) can't get that 4% physical damage or 10% AP without a warrior.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]