Which tank is rather easier to heal ?

90 Blood Elf Priest
The tank that knows how to use his or her active mitigation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
1) DK
5) Monk

The rest float in between.

I'd say DKs are one of the hardest, simply because of the way they work. Its like on sha when they take all 3 swings of a thrash you don't panic and go "oh no big heal quick!" because they are going to heal a lot of it back. So while they aren't hard to heal in regards to keeping them up, they require more thought than just ut oh damage hit buttons!

Yeah I know that. During thrash my hp goes down n then up again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/22/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Loratabb

blasphemy

How will i pad meters if they do that. tisk tisk tisk.

I prefer having the option to alt-tab and read reddit. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I prefer having the option to alt-tab and read reddit. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
02/22/2013 09:26 PMPosted by Tiriél

100% this.

When played reasonably well the only difference between the tanks in terms of healing is the color of the grid box. When played less than well

1) warrior (easiest)
2) paladin
3-5)druid, dk, monk

Bad monk tanks are the worst by far. I die inside every time I see dragon breath on a single target...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
In 5 mans:
1. Good monk
2. Good DK
3. Warrior/druid, they seem pretty equal
4. Pally
5. Hunter pet with taunt on
6. DK who doesn't use death strike
7. Bad monk

Edit:
02/22/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Nezne
if it's a DK I seriously consider dropping group.

This. For my fresh 90s, because almost every single one of them in LFG, 90 or not, doesn't know how to use death strike. They just wait for abilities to light up.
Edited by Venom on 2/24/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
Pre panda i hated DKs. Now they all seem about the same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
1) DK
5) Monk

The rest float in between.

This was my first thought!
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Warriors are the best tanks in terms of healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I'd say DKs are one of the hardest, simply because of the way they work. Its like on sha when they take all 3 swings of a thrash you don't panic and go "oh no big heal quick!" because they are going to heal a lot of it back. So while they aren't hard to heal in regards to keeping them up, they require more thought than just ut oh damage hit buttons!

Yeah I know that. During thrash my hp goes down n then up again.

DK's are great because they are watching their HP too. The biggest issue I encounter is when they get a "lockout" and I'm focused on someone else and they their health takes a big dive until we recover. Those are few and far between, but when you see a DK drop to 20% instantly, you know something happened.

Monks seem real spiky, and I'm guessing it's avoidance based. I feel like I have to babysit their health carefully, which isn't the same "feel" as other tanks. I stack aborbs a little more freely, and am less worried about mana conservation (we're gonna stop between pulls if we have to) and cool down usage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
DK's are great because they are watching their HP too. The biggest issue I encounter is when they get a "lockout" and I'm focused on someone else and they their health takes a big dive until we recover. Those are few and far between, but when you see a DK drop to 20% instantly, you know something happened.

Monks seem real spiky, and I'm guessing it's avoidance based. I feel like I have to babysit their health carefully, which isn't the same "feel" as other tanks. I stack aborbs a little more freely, and am less worried about mana conservation (we're gonna stop between pulls if we have to) and cool down usage.

GOOD DKs are watching their hp too. GOOD monks are not so spiky except at the very beginning of a pull after a break when their am is all down. BAD Dks and BAD monks are not watching their hp and are spiky respectively. Many so-called tanks haven't yet figured out that they need to use their active mitigation/self-healing tools. Instead of remotely worrying about threat tanks now need to actually worry about surviving instead of doing so passively...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
In 5 mans:
1. Good monk
2. Good DK
3. Warrior/druid, they seem pretty equal
4. Pally
5. Hunter pet with taunt on
6. DK who doesn't use death strike
7. Bad monk

Edit:
if it's a DK I seriously consider dropping group.

This. For my fresh 90s, because almost every single one of them in LFG, 90 or not, doesn't know how to use death strike. They just wait for abilities to light up.

Yeah well the reality is that some people play a Dk just because they think its easy to play and are op. I have heard of so many people saying "dks are so easy... you just have to spam death strike" but thats not true.. i think dks are one of the most difficult class to play and I am not saying this because I play a dk.
Firstly, its knowing when to use death strike... which is the most important part of playing a dk tank. People just ignore the last line (heals you for 20% of damage sustained for the preceding 5 secs )
2) There are 2 ways to play a dk. The Mastery built and the Stamina built. I myself as a pve player prefer the mastery built more. Where you stack enough mastery. Which will give me an increased blood shield.
The Stamina built is where you stack enough stamina and dodge along with it so the other part of death strike comes into play (heals you for atleast 7% of your maximum health) This built is mostly used by those tanks in hardcore guilds which raid and down server's first bosses because they basically raid in blue gear and the tanks dont have enough hp.
3) Its knowing when you use your cds. You dont wanna pull the whole room and die and look like a noob. Being good tank doesnt often mean pulling big mobs, its actually pulling Enough mobs.For example ..In the scarlet monastery i tend to pull the whole room before the last boss, but when i am soloing the same dungeon i will never pull the whole room, its ridiculous so i pull 1 by 1.
Edited by Maethor on 2/25/2013 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
1. Paladin (assuming they dont have stupid talents)
2. Warrior
3. Monk (assuming they aren't incompetent)
4. Bear
5. Dk (LOLOLOLOL SPIKE DAMAGE)

^ This reflects my feelings on the matter precisely. Given the same player with sensible play style and talent choices, Paladins are the masters of damage control, with warriors a close second. Bears and Monks take more damage, and that damage tends to get spikier, but they compensate somewhat with their absorption and self-heals. Death Knights are horrible to heal. Are they soaking up damage in preparation for a huge self-heal, or do they actually need a heal right now? I can start casting Greater Heal and plan to cancel it if they heal themselves to full, but then a second later they're taking huge spikes of damage and their life stealing abilities are on cooldown.

I'm very happy when I'm healing a protection spec Paladin or Warrior. Death Knights make me want to curl up in a ball and cry.

There's a difference between a test of healing skill and a challenge to your sanity.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm...for me good Paladins and Warriors.

Bear and Monk are tied. DK's are all right. It is basically the good ones are really good and the bad are really bad.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
All skill being equal (obviously this is the most important element) I'd say warriors are the easiest to heal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Outiluke
All skill being equal (obviously this is the most important element) I'd say warriors are the easiest to heal.

Not sure about easiest, but definitely the most consistent. You know what to expect. For us pallies, that helps a lot. Makes precasts easy in comparison.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
For me personally it's all about keeping the aggro. As long as a tank can keep it I'm happy. I find that DKs and Pallys keep it the best and that's just basically because of the aoe factor of those too classes. But I have run into bad tanks for them too. The other 3 I run into bad tanks a lot more often so that is why DK and Pally would be at the top. But really it doesn't matter to me as long as I'm not getting mobs on me while I'm trying to heal. It's all about the aggro keeping.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Oz
I have come across plenty of incredible and terrible tanks, but more often than not at cap level I tend to have an easier time with warriors. Pally and druid are easy enough but seem to struggle a little more with keeping full aggro. DKs are a hit or miss. I tend to struggle most with Monks, having only encountered one so far that did not have me spam healing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
In my experience (such as it is) all good tanks are about equally good, but bad DKs and monks are terrible. Bears and shield tanks have passive mitigation that is harder to screw up.

That doesn't necessarily apply to mechanics though, any tank can fail at those.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]