What's the scariest noise you've ever heard?

80 Blood Elf Warrior
In terms of only "hearing" it, I would have to say the siren signaling a nuclear bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRo9LWm7UVU

What do you think, Moon Guard? What's the scariest thing you've ever heard?
Reply Quote
My parents going at it on the living room couch.

I hear siren sounds resembling that close to every day, though. Usually for fires. Here in Amish land, there are a lot of fires.
Edited by Praxos on 2/22/2013 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
The sound of rogue stealth.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
02/22/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Kunocati

This.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/22/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Kunocati
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Rogue
Death rattle.

Makes me grossly uncomfortable.
Edited by Bruce on 2/22/2013 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Mage
Deafening silence.

Does that count?
Edited by Ampute on 2/22/2013 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
They say that the ringing in your ears in deafening silence is actually spirits talking. OoO spooky.
Reply Quote
Amnesia the chase scene for your running in the water to get past the chase scene.
Reply Quote
Bobcat screams are 2spooky4me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Rogue stealth on a PvP server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Back when I went through EMT school, was at the Fire Department hoping to get my required transports. Call came in, shooting, off we went.

<< I could fill up probably 35 full post recounting that day, but to answer the question... >>

The very first chest compression I did on the guy. I will NEVER EVER forget the sound of his ribcage breaking on that first pump and to some extent, the second and third. After that though, when his sternum was free from the ribcage, it wasn't so bad. But...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

That sound and me knowing *I'm* the one that did it. It was so horrific sounding. The scary part was knowing somewhere back in that adrenaline rushed state, that it was for his benefit and that CPR doesn't work without it.
Reply Quote
DShK, these things are not fun to be on the receiving end of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwSaummd0kc

Also the indirect fire siren on my old outpost. That'll ruin your day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
DShK, these things are not fun to be on the receiving end of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwSaummd0kc

Also the indirect fire siren on my old outpost. That'll ruin your day.

I scared you in whispers today good sir.
Reply Quote
I was once woken up suddenly by a woman screaming in what I can only assume was extreme pain and/or terror, nonstop for several minutes, loud enough to echo over the entire neighborhood, and then abruptly cutting off, followed by a second voice saying more quietly, "Oh my god." And then silence. I never found out what happened.
Edited by Adayahi on 2/22/2013 10:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Volänaro
I scared you in whispers today good sir.
Reply Quote
In terms of only "hearing" it, I would have to say the siren signaling a nuclear bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRo9LWm7UVU

What do you think, Moon Guard? What's the scariest thing you've ever heard?

God that gave me the chills.

The scariest I can think of would be something very close - the civil defense sirens you hear when a tornado is approaching. Coupled with a turbulent sky, it always causes my stomach to crumple into a stony little ball.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My dog's old collar fell off the shelf in the middle of the night and awoke me from sleeping.
Edited by Azriah on 2/22/2013 11:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
In the middle of the night, our old acoustic upright piano would *sometimes* play a single note. Just one. The note would echo softly and disappear.

I'd tell myself it was just because it was old and something inside must have slipped, causing one of the strings to vibrate. Or maybe a mouse managed to strike a key.... *shrug* But wow, talk about hair pricking on the back of your neck in the dead of night, that did it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/22/2013 10:38 PMPosted by Adayahi
I was once woken up suddenly by a woman screaming in what I can only assume was extreme pain and/or terror, nonstop for several minutes, loud enough to echo over the entire neighborhood, and then abruptly cutting off, followed by a second voice saying more quietly, "Oh my god." And then silence. I never found out what happened.

...hopefully the light just went out while they were doing something, or they were pranked by a member of their house.

Anyway, I really do NOT like deafening silence. As well, any noise that you don't know the origins of can be quite chilling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]