BM Hunters kings of the BG? Agree or not?

90 Human Rogue
Who do you think are the Lords of the BG's?

Anyone else thinking that BM hunters have now gone beyond ridiculous and are now approaching just absurd levels of OP'ness in BG's!!!

Seriously they need to be toned down, their pet just hits far too hard.

I don't know if anyone else has recognized the top specs as being BM hunter, Mages, and Frost DK.. Check the scoreboard the next RBG you do and just count the number of BM hunters, Mages, and/or Frost DK's in the top 10. You will be shocked how many of these class are consistently in the top 10.

It's pretty darn mind boggling how 3 classes can just dominate the entire pvp landscape.
In particular the BM hunter is reigning king of the BG with almost no nerfs in sight, and no competition for that top spot.

Agree or disagree?

My top 3:
1. BM Hunter
2. Any Mage
3. frost DK
Edited by Jakrippa on 2/24/2013 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
LNC
Edited by Xista on 2/25/2013 7:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I would say that there are several class/spec that are preforming well in BGs
warrior (Arms)
Spriest
BM hunter
Frost Mage ( maybe fire)
DK (frost)
warlocks

and with rogues and monks getting buffed next patch the only DPS sux classes for PVP are-
Shaman(ele, enhance)
Pally(ret)

not to bad (except if you play a shaman or pally)

as for hunters being OP -- well IMO, I would first like to see how the 5.2 buffs work out before i cry nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hunters being OP is not that bad, at least you can see them and run away. And knowing they can't disappear in the middle of a fight and reopen on you is quite a relief. Also there will always going to be a top three. After they get nerfed you would still come to the forums crying for the next top three nerf (spriest, lock, warrior) untill your precious coward class can be OP again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hunters being OP is not that bad, at least you can see them and run away.And knowing they can't disappear in the middle of a fight and reopen on you is quite a relief. Also there will always going to be a top three. After they get nerfed you would still come to the forums crying for the next top three nerf (spriest, lock, warrior) untill your precious coward class can be OP again.

1. "At least you can see them"
Surely your aware of hunter camouflage/invisibility

2. "They can't disappear in the middle of a fight and reopen"
There is no need to reopen on someone that is already DEAD.

3. Yes, there will always be a top 3. And it's still interesting conversation to discuss them and its interesting to hear others opinions on it.

4. "My precious coward class can be OP again"
I made ZERO references for a desire for rogues to become OP. I don't want a huge buff to rogues and I don't want a bunch of FOTM people rerolloing into rogues, I like being slightly underrepresented in BG.
BTW-I also have other 90's that I play.

simply curious as to what others opinions where as far a the top pvp classes are right now. And interested to see if they were similar to my observations.
Interesting discussions ; thats all I'm after, not QQ.'ing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The pets dont hit overly hard at all, its kill command and blink strike that can hit hard...and those are OUR abilities. Take those away and we have arcane shot and cobra shot, wooooo.

If you are dumb enough to not vanish when they pop stampede you deserve to be killed. If you dont los the hunter and kill our pathetically weak pets, you deserve to die.

If you kill our pets there goes pretty much ALL of our dps.

Did you complain about rogues being op in cata btw?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
It's pretty darn mind boggling how 3 classes can just dominate the entire pvp landscape.
In particular the BM hunter is reigning king of the BG with almost no nerfs in sight, and no competition for that top spot.

Agree or disagree?

My top 3:
1. BM Hunter
2. Any Mage
3. frost DK

BM hunters aren't the top spot right now in BGs/RBGs...not even close. Yes they have a ton of burst damage but their sustained/cleave dmg is non-existant. Right now even survival has more sustained/cleave in a BG setting and survival is getting buffed in 5.2(yay!).

Right now there's a bunch of specs that will easily out damage a similar geared BM hunter in BG/RBGs...locks/boom/FDK/spriest

And all those classes except boomy have better sustained damage and can keep the pressure on outside of a 10-second BW cd.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The pets dont hit overly hard at all, its kill command and blink strike that can hit hard...and those are OUR abilities. Take those away and we have arcane shot and cobra shot, wooooo.

If you are dumb enough to not vanish when they pop stampede you deserve to be killed. If you dont los the hunter and kill our pathetically weak pets, you deserve to die.

As a Frost DK I can hit pretty damn hard. And let me say, those pets aren't that squishy. Anytime I try to LoS the hunter and kill the pet, the pet lasts long enough to lay down some hurt, and give the hunter enough time to get back into los and start throwing popshots my way.

The whole idea of killing your pet doesn't usually work out the way you hunters expect it to.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This season I see a ton of hunters and warriors, so they get my votes.

02/25/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Gnomgnamstyl
BM hunters aren't the top spot right now in BGs/RBGs...not even close.
You can't compare BGs and RBGs when asking what class/spec is "king". In many cases a class that isn't very good in RBGs is great in BGs. Why? Because they are very strong in certain areas, but have a particular weakness. That weakness is exposed in RBGs because it's organized PvP, but in BGs it is often not. Ret palys & frost DKs are good examples... they have a lot of burst but are kind of squishy. Let a frost DK spam howling blast freely & he is going to do a ton of damage (that won't happen often in RBGs, but it will in BGs).
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/25/2013 6:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

As a Frost DK I can hit pretty damn hard. And let me say, those pets aren't that squishy. Anytime I try to LoS the hunter and kill the pet, the pet lasts long enough to lay down some hurt, and give the hunter enough time to get back into los and start throwing popshots my way.

The whole idea of killing your pet doesn't usually work out the way you hunters expect it to.

My pet currently has 263k hp, they are supposed to share resil but thats debatable, perhaps if you used something more than howling blast and icy touch they would die quicker?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Foot in the door for the frost dk! I'm not a pvp fanatic (i dabble) and i will admit the damage that can be pulled off by frost or unholy can be pretty full on. But let me tell you, sometimes in a bg, i'll mount up and start heading across the field checking out the enemy team and notice first one, then two, then 4 are targetting me! And then i die. Cause sometimes a mean look is all it takes to kill a frost dk. I'd vote damage op but not frost dk overall. If you're not doin away with healers as a rogue then don't blame the dps for dpsing.
My opinion on your 3.. Hunters op for about 15 seconds.. survive that and you got a good chance. Mages.. well... some things never change. Frost seems to be all cc and free ice lances now and i can't remember the last time i saw fire/arcane in pvp. Frost dk.. squishier than a clothy. With IBF up :3
My 3.. Warlocks.. Strong self heals and crazy cc+ dots that tear you up while putting 30 yards between you and the lock. (I've also seen 500k hp and higher on them). Druids as feral/boomies. Same again, great self healing capabilities, dots/bleeds, control (stuns/knockbacks/snares) and last but not least the warrior. Words need not be spoken about the warrior.
So that's my long-winded opinion :3 bye
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
its more that theres very little defense against a hunter intent on tunneling into you with damage.

i'm mid field in wsg. no LoS around. i can no longer get into melee range and counter a hunter's damage. with a mage i can get into melee range and sit on his casts to reduce his damage output, but hunters are uninterruptible. as a warrior i can disarm, but not everyone has that advantage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Frost DK
Frost Mage
Mark Hunters

These 3 are the ultra strong in Random BGs atm. Tons of AoE damage, and we get built up to purely uncontrollable damage if we have a healer and a bunch of numbskull enemies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

My pet currently has 263k hp, they are supposed to share resil but thats debatable, perhaps if you used something more than howling blast and icy touch they would die quicker?

So what are we supposed to Shadow Dance your pet while you stand a far launching auto shots and spamming Arcane shot cobra shot? Its not like your not going to explosive trap knock me back , then disengage root me, then ice trap snare me, then deterrence, readiness and do every thing over again?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
02/25/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Skul
Mark Hunters

02/25/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Skul
Tons of AoE damage

bahahahahaha

MM is primarily a single target spec. Surv is what your looking for for aoe
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/25/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Contägîøn
Mark Hunters

Tons of AoE damage

bahahahahaha

MM is primarily a single target spec. Surv is what your looking for for aoe

I dont know the difference between marks or surv, perhaps you are right. Either way, one of the non-BM specs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
We usually put the hunter alone to defend a node. That's about all they're good for .. hah :P

But seriously, Hunters are very good against spell-casters (particularly Mages) and should really aim to lock them down whenever possible.

I wouldn't say they were the 'lord of BGs' .. I don't think there is any one particular class that stands out above the rest because it is the combination of classes and how they utilize their CCs and bursts that will determine the overall strength and outcome.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
you're right about bm hunters but mages and frost dks lol hell no. especially dks. good dmg but they just too squishy to be enjoyable and easily shut down.

mages have too many counters. melee gained a lot of mobility in mop and they just lost improved cone for cold. but i can see why you think mages are riduculous as a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Hunters have always been kings of random bgs, what's new?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]