Shamans keeping mana when changing spec.

88 Gnome Priest
Why is it that only my Shaman keeps almost all her mana when changing specs but my other classes lose all theirs? Switching from Enhancement to Resto/Elemental and vice versa I keep 90% of my mana, but on my other toons it drops to 0.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bug.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not a bug. The mana lost is based on your base mana (I think you lose 80% of your base mana). That means clothies lose almost all our mana, but everyone else loses less than 20%.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's a bug, dammit! >:(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's "working as intended" :-P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I lose a lot more than 20% of my mana :P

Though I'm chalking that down to switching stances / usable resources.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh, I forgot, monks have 300k base mana too (because your melee specs don't use it).

So really it's just paladins, shamans, and druids who get to avoid it.
Reply Quote
65 Dwarf Shaman
They see me spec swapping with almost full mana, they hatin'.

It sucks for Priests and Monks(?) to have to torture their bladders every spec swap, but it is a result of how mana pools are handled now that they are static and based on spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Removing this "feature" is just a patch note away.

Let me dream. My dream is nice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/25/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Thalassia
Priests and Monks(?)

Priests, monks, mages, warlocks.

4 classes in all of WoW.
Reply Quote
Happens when switching on my feral druid to resto, full mana yay!

Yet on this toon, shadow dps with full mana switch to disc, no mana, suck :(

No idea what the point is.
Reply Quote
I enjoy switching back and forth between elemental and resto in random dungeons depending on how the tank is pulling or if there's a large aoe pack coming up.

So great to not lose all my mana in the process anymore :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/25/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Kaels
That means clothies lose almost all our mana, but everyone else loses less than 20%.

Well, sometimes. If you switch to a spec that *doesn't* have the x5 mana pool passive you do lose all of it, and have to wait a while even to put up basic buffs (or if you're a druid, shapeshift). If your Shaman had an Enhancement spec you would get to see this too.
Reply Quote
25 Tauren Druid
For some reason if I switch to balance I have full mana, however switching to resto from balance i have zero mana..this is on my 90 btw not this one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]