[H]LF cross-realm invite for Loque'nahak tame

90 Troll Warlock
Poor kitty caught in the middle of this bloodshed :(

I will defend Loque with all of the resources I can muster. Come, Alliance dogs, break your bones against my vanguard!

I'm sorry (actually, I'm not sorry), but I've also been killing Loque. And will continue to do so.
Reply Quote
I herd you guys got some sweet Loquenahaks hur, Ill buy one fer a doller
Reply Quote
Poor kitty caught in the middle of this bloodshed :(

I will defend Loque with all of the resources I can muster. Come, Alliance dogs, break your bones against my vanguard!
There is really not much that can be done. One Flame Shock, one hit from anything that applies a DoT, and it will die.

I would gladly help someone capture it: If it was someone on our server. Already have someone harassing me for an invite so he can bring his CRZ warrior over to kill it for Frostbitten, and getting extremely hostile with me telling him no. Let's try and not encourage this type of behavior. >.>

Does it really matter? Do you need this cat? Do any of you? No, probably not. What you're doing is petty and you should feel bad. This is a game that we're all just trying to enjoy, and hunters taming rare-spawns here doesn't impede on your gameplay in the slightest.

I realize I can't stop you, I was originally just joking around, I really had no idea you were actually doing this.

I have all of the rares, I really have no dog in this fight, but if you guys really are constantly camping a rare that you don't care about out of pure spite, that is the behavior that shouldn't be encouraged. Grow up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Utum with the combo breaker. That's the type of !@#$ I like to see.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Does it really matter? Do you need this cat? Do any of you? No, probably not. What you're doing is petty and you should feel bad. This is a game that we're all just trying to enjoy, and hunters taming rare-spawns here doesn't impede on your gameplay in the slightest.

I realize I can't stop you, I was originally just joking around, I really had no idea you were actually doing this.

I have all of the rares, I really have no dog in this fight, but if you guys really are constantly camping a rare that you don't care about out of pure spite, that is the behavior that shouldn't be encouraged. Grow up.
You know... VeCo has always had a strong community, and what you are doing is, essentially, welcoming CRZ and trying to defend that.

I get it, I do. You are doing what is 'right', and by right, I mean trying to act like a nice guy. The issue is, and not saying the OP is like this, but the majority of people I have ran into so far begging for an invite or camping OUR server's rare pet spawns, are not nice. They are not friendly. I captured a Minfernal earlier on my Shaman, and you know what happened? A random level 1 alt was suddenly made Alliance side to tear into me for capturing it from them. A level 58 DK alt that was, and I quote, "Only on this terrible server for this pet".

You want to support that kind of thing? Go right ahead, but last I checked, no one should want this. I doubt Blizzard will stand for this type of abuse for long, and I see us being tossed into the normal PvP realms for CRZ if this keeps up.
Reply Quote

You know... VeCo has always had a strong community, and what you are doing is, essentially, welcoming CRZ and trying to defend that.

I get it, I do. You are doing what is 'right', and by right, I mean trying to act like a nice guy. The issue is, and not saying the OP is like this, but the majority of people I have ran into so far begging for an invite or camping OUR server's rare pet spawns, are not nice. They are not friendly. I captured a Minfernal earlier on my Shaman, and you know what happened? A random level 1 alt was suddenly made Alliance side to tear into me for capturing it from them. A level 58 DK alt that was, and I quote, "Only on this terrible server for this pet".

You want to support that kind of thing? Go right ahead, but last I checked, no one should want this. I doubt Blizzard will stand for this type of abuse for long, and I see us being tossed into the normal PvP realms for CRZ if this keeps up.

People coming onto hour server for 10 minutes to tame a pet in no way effects our community. I love our community, and you can't say that I don't because hopefully every one reading this has seen me around killing/being killed one with the Grin at some point.

If another player is harassing you, that is what the ignore feature is for, you don't have to go camp rares that you have no interest in. You met a jerk. That does not mean everyone who wants to tame Loque is a jerk. If you can't help/don't want to help someone, just /ignore them, you don't have to go out of your way to ruin their day.

I, too, understand where *you* are coming from. You overreacted. What you are doing is nothing less than griefing, and I'm pretty sure you know that. You don't need to be the server police. You don't need to protect the community. It's been around since way before you got here and had much worse problems than a few hunters from a high population server looking to tame a cool pet.

But yes, I am trying to do the right thing. So should you.

EDIT: And if you honestly think Blizzard gives the slightest semblance of a hoot about hunter pets from two expansions ago you are delusional.
Edited by Utum on 2/28/2013 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Get her !@# Utum.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/28/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Utum
People coming onto hour server for 10 minutes to tame a pet in no way effects our community. I love our community, and you can't say that I don't because hopefully every one reading this has seen me around killing/being killed one with the Grin at some point.
That ten minutes can be up to a six hour spawn window for our own hunters, for one... And, second, you are mixing up server community with PvP. You get out and PvP, congrats... But that doesn't make you the pinnacle of the community, either. The last time someone confused the two, they went off on the deep end and basically trashed every guild on The Venture Co. >.> I'm sort of surprised you don't realize a known troll is backing you up here. Are you honestly missing that part of this entire conversation you're having with me?
If another player is harassing you, that is what the ignore feature is for, you don't have to go camp rares that you have no interest in. You met a jerk. That does not mean everyone who wants to tame Loque is a jerk. If you can't help/don't want to help someone, just /ignore them, you don't have to go out of your way to ruin their day.
Yes, that is indeed what the /ignore feature is for... But I also am a very strong supporter of doing what's right. When someone is being a jerk and I can do what I can to stick it to them, so to speak, I will do so.

I, too, understand where *you* are coming from. You overreacted. What you are doing is nothing less than griefing, and I'm pretty sure you know that. You don't need to be the server police. You don't need to protect the community. It's been around since way before you got here and had much worse problems than a few hunters from a high population server looking to tame a cool pet.
Do you really understand where I am coming from here? You see multiple people, from server, saying they disagree with it... And you come in instantly saying we're in the wrong, as well as offering a hand to those that are being told to /shoo basically. Might just be one today, but with the amount of people pointing to our realm for this, it'll add up quickly.

As for the jab at my time here on Venture Co, I've been on server longer then Knights of Dusk, and they have been here for quite some time. >.> The moment you are resorting to my length of time on server to tell me I have no right to help defend the community I've been a part of since vanilla, is the moment you need to take a step back and consider just what you're arguing over.

EDIT: And if you honestly think Blizzard gives the slightest semblance of a hoot about hunter pets from two expansions ago you are delusional.
It's not just Hunter pets, it's also battle pets they are doing this stuff with, which is current content... And if we're really going with that logic: You also have no right to say anything. It's hunter pets from two expansions ago...And in all truths I have as much right to kill them, as a member of The Venture Co server, as someone from another server does at taming it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
goddamit I lost my michael jackson popcorn gif. need to dig through my sh!ts.
Reply Quote
No need for popcorn, I'm not gonna keep this up. If you honestly think what you are doing isn't childish and spiteful then I don't know what else to say. This isn't a problem, you are making it a problem. Whatever you need to do to get back at those guys who annoyed you though, for sure.

And spanks isn't a troll, he just doesn't like a lot of people.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/28/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Utum
And spanks isn't a troll, he just doesn't like a lot of people.
With this logic, The Enclave wasn't a troll guild, it just didn't like entire groups of people. Got it. :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I can see I'm never getting the rare pets even if we're a non-crz realm.

Booo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm sure Izzy will keep an eye on if you are on, expect a whisper if you are when he's spotted. Do be ready to respond quickly!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Wow. Really?

I simply asked if anyone was willing to help me out. And what I find, for the most part, is childish behavior and rudeness.

For the person that said if I wanted something from Venture Co., I should roll on Venture Co.: Why would I want to come to a server that won't help a fellow WoW player out when asked, politely? If I obtained help from someone on your server and went about taming Loque and came across some awesome people, I might have given a thought to transferring an alt or two over. Isn't being helpful to the people that ask politely a way to advertise your small, but proud community and maybe garner some new recruits to your community? For the people that want to preserve their precious realm community, am I not part of the larger WoW community?

Choosing or not choosing to be on a super populated realm is irrelevant. I play with my friends and my husband and they happen to be on Proudmoore. They also happened to choose that server and I, being easy-going, went along with it. I'm not choosing the realm, I'm choosing to play with them.

Taking tames away from your own hunters? Really? If they're not out there taming it when I am, how am I taking anything away from them? That's illogical and ridiculous.

Bottom line, I didn't create or ask for CRZ. I haven't been rude to you in the past nor have I caused you any grief. Yet you automatically jump on me with rudeness and spite. I realize the the WoW community has gone down hill in recent years; full of children, jerks, and idiots, but I still play this game because I enjoy playing with my friends and with the people I've met from WoW. I feel sorry for any new player that happens to roll on Venture Co. or any other person that happens to ask for a simple favor. If this gets your panties in such a twist, maybe you should seek out therapy and figure out what is so wrong in your life that you need to act like an idiot in a video game.

I happily withdraw my request for help, I no longer want it from this server. Thanks to the posters here who weren't rude, it was appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
can i get a tl;dr
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
We've received plenty of people that already transferred here to avoid CRZ in the past few months. Among rare hunter pets, we also have rare battle pets, nodes, onyx eggs and possibly rare item spawns to be taken away from us from those who only want to take advantage of our minimal CRZ. Our realm has also been becoming increasingly well-known for not being grouped with other realms in its battlegroup and we're losing this uniqueness with so many coming in and taking the things that spawn on our realm. When we get enough traffic doing this, we'll end up having more people coming here for the same reason they're trying to avoid: people off-realm snatching the things they want. At that point, we'll be like no different from any other realm. This is what some want to avoid, even if it means denying everyone the chance. We're not denying it because we're too selfish to let others have it, we're protecting what we have before other people ruin the condition of our realm, and some of us won't just sit by and take it.

This is a unique and delicate situation and I'm sorry it had to come to this. If our responses are rude, that's because these people believe those off-realm begging and complaining are being hypocritically selfish. In the end, it will just have to take some patience and commitment to catch that elusive prize which is the way it's always been pre-CRZ, even if there's more competition. Eventually, enough people will give up or already to have claimed their prize which leaves you with the prime opportunity - just look at the Brawler's Guild passes when they first came out on the Black Market AH and now.
Edited by Zegram on 3/1/2013 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Maybe I'm being mean, maybe I'm being cruel. Maybe I am overreacting. Who knows. I apologize Kaelani if you are actually hurt by anything that I said. However...

I do not appear to be the only one taking a firm stance on this, so I do not think I am the only one that feels this way. To me, there is a drastic difference between being a part of VeCo or, at the very least, having a friend on it, and doing what you are doing. What you're doing doesn't make me feel as if you are trying to make friends here. It feels like you're trying to take advantage of the kindness of someone here to get what you want. If that is your intent or not, it is what it feels like.

I'd rather you prove me wrong, and I mean that, fully. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I can readily admit I was being spiteful. It's kinda fun.
If she was going to transfer alts, she coulda said so. In any case, I resent off-server people using our realm for their achieves. Your home is on another realm. Get your achieves/rares there or transfer/reroll. Don't take advantage of our server, and leave nothing of value in your wake. Contribute, and I will welcome you with open arms. Unless you're alliance. Then I'll try to kill you still, but with less spite and more of a sisterly malice. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]