Ganking and E-RP. A Hebro story.

90 Night Elf Rogue
I started to write a funny reply to this, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it's actually pretty serious.

And in all seriousness, don't troll back.

Your post about it is funny, but in fact, that was a really wrong thing for that player to do. They have no idea who they're talking to, whether it might be a kid and not a grown adult, whether it might be someone who's recovering from an RL sexual assault, or what.

You should report it. No one should be sending that kind of message to anyone who hasn't agreed to that kind of thing with them.

And if you troll them back with similar text, they can report you as well and you won't have much of a defense -- especially if the person you're talking to does turn out to be a minor.
Edited by Seyahat on 2/26/2013 12:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
I started to write a funny reply to this, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it's actually pretty serious.

And in all seriousness, don't troll back.

Your post about it is funny, but in fact, that was a really wrong thing for that player to do. They have no idea who they're talking to, whether it might be a kid and not a grown adult, whether it might be someone who's recovering from an RL sexual assault, or what.

You should report it. No one should be sending that kind of message to anyone who hasn't agreed to that kind of thing with them.

And if you troll them back with similar text, they can report you as well and you won't have much of a defense -- especially if the person you're talking to does turn out to be a minor.

While the post was intended to be funny, there certainly is a serious element to it. And that's actually the conclusion I came to as well. While I didn't report it, I felt that any attempt to troll back would be just a bad idea.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I fully agree with Seyahat, I was going to make fun of you or throw in some witty response but I thought about some of the implications of that situation. A lot of people that aren't you could get severely offended at what the night elf said. So instead I will offer some sort of therapy session if you need it, to get over this trauma.
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
02/26/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Marutukku
I fully agree with Seyahat, I was going to make fun of you or throw in some witty response but I thought about some of the implications of that situation. A lot of people that aren't you could get severely offended at what the night elf said. So instead I will offer some sort of therapy session if you need it, to get over this trauma.

I have no problem with people poking fun at me, and wouldn't have posted this if I didn't expect it ;)

But yes, some therapy might be in order. I keep trying to get in contact with Detective Benson and Detective Stabler, even Dr. George Huang...but no luck.
Reply Quote
3 Pandaren Warrior
02/26/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Helliondrop
NEED SS. NAO

I would be unable to post them here. I would get banned.

Thats why we have E-Drama.
Reply Quote
Those wargames. And like...3-4 days ago? Gil and I hunted you down

I meant to say when have you killed me -alone-.
And I thought those Wargames were for fun... Mavz and I both went in anticipating the loss. And both being totally fine with that.
Isn't Gil t2? I have no doubt in my mind he is a better player than me.
Ellura is my first and only 90 and she hit 90 about a month after MoP came out. So yeah definitely do not expect to win against Arena Masters.

I also wonder why you hunt me down so passionately, having never talked to you or of you besides this instance. Just seems kinda strange from my angle. But I guess it's all in good fun!
Not trying to derail.
I agree with the above posters; looking back on it trolling back would give them the opportunity to report you.
Just report those freaks.
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
02/26/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Ellura
Those wargames. And like...3-4 days ago? Gil and I hunted you down

I meant to say when have you killed me -alone-.
And I thought those Wargames were for fun... Mavz and I both went in anticipating the loss. And both being totally fine with that.
Isn't Gil t2? I have no doubt in my mind he is a better player than me.
Ellura is my first and only 90 and she hit 90 about a month after MoP came out. So yeah definitely do not expect to win against Arena Masters.

I also wonder why you hunt me down so passionately, having never talked to you or of you besides this instance. Just seems kinda strange from my angle. But I guess it's all in good fun!
Not trying to derail.
I agree with the above posters; looking back on it trolling back would give them the opportunity to report you.
Just report those freaks.

I've engaged you a couple of times, but you always vanish. Unhappy disc priest is unhappy.

As for hunting you down passionately, you should see how hard I look for Charax. Anyone that's a well known name on the forums, I hunt.

Honestly, I've never hunted you down specifically, except after Mavs added me on realid and I was bored. Mostly it's just me happy to see well-known names at my ganking spots, and hoping they get mad and post about it :P
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
02/26/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Facespace
http://i.imgur.com/wBoPEBq.jpg

whoa. Tell her next time that you are a 12 year old boy...see where that goes !!
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Helliondrop
but you always vanish

"Fight Arena Master?"
"IDK Ellura you have no arena achievements... and there are plenty of horde here... Why don't you save yourself the walk back to your corpse?"
"Thanks brain, I knew I kept you around for a reason!"

Heh being killed does not get me mad.
Spirit menders are there for a reason.
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
02/26/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Ellura
but you always vanish

"Fight Arena Master?"

I prefer Holy Archbishop Hebro...or Great Hebro..or Infamous Hebro...or "that guy my boyfriend wants"
Reply Quote
I read this entire post while touching myself.
Reply Quote
67 Blood Elf Hunter
02/26/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Ellura
but you always vanish

"Fight Arena Master?"
"IDK Ellura you have no arena achievements... and there are plenty of horde here... Why don't you save yourself the walk back to your corpse?"

ooc: i'm the same way when i see hebro. i just leave and cry because he can prolly kill me in a matter of seconds ;_;

- Hito
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Iconik
I read this entire post while touching myself.

I've heard of those habits.
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
02/26/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Vvzz

"Fight Arena Master?"

ooc: i'm the same way when i see hebro. i just leave and cry because he can prolly kill me in a matter of seconds ;_;

- Hito

NO. NO YOU DON'T. YOU TAUNT ME. YOU COME OUT OF STEALTH AND MAKE AN EMOTE, NEVER ENGAGING, ONLY TO VANISH IMMEDIATELY.

Call a spade a spade!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
NO. NO YOU DON'T. YOU TAUNT ME. YOU COME OUT OF STEALTH AND MAKE AN EMOTE, NEVER ENGAGING, ONLY TO VANISH IMMEDIATELY.

awe snap....someone's shift key is borked...

its gettin serious in here.

:D
Edited by Xeloda on 2/26/2013 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

"Fight Arena Master?"

- Hito

lol'd. One time hebro was fighting the same 2 people for over half an hour, he called me when I was on my way home from class and told me to log on, I log on like 20 mins later and he's still fighting, fly there, kill them, happy ending. Most dps classes' built in regen out-heals disc damage QQ.
Edited by Gileril on 2/26/2013 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
67 Blood Elf Hunter

- Hito

Call a spade a spade!

ooc: then to run away and cry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/26/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Helliondrop
Anyone that's a well known name on the forums, I hunt.

I feel so honored to have had your attention earlier.
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Druid
02/26/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Turias
Anyone that's a well known name on the forums, I hunt.

I feel so honored to have had your attention earlier.

Ahh, you mistake me sir! You just happened to be there. A random gank if you will. That being said, I enjoyed 2v4ing you. We would have won the 2v6, but warlocks are so damn tanky! So frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
As for hunting you down passionately, you should see how hard I look for Charax.

I'm usually out in the world.

I know how much fun it is to hunt someone, especially without humanoid tracking. I have a couple names on my list to camp.

I won't seek you out. I am curious how long it will take to find me, and if you can finish the job (engi-prot) when you do make a play. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]