Who still plays this class?

90 Gnome Mage
For starters, this is my first toon and WAS my main account. Ever since the day I decided to 'try out' the free trial of WoW. I fell in love with the class.

90 talents = Perm retired , and I unsubbed for 3 months.
Rerolled.

Any hope of reestablishing my love for this toon, CRUSHED, with one look at the 5.2 PTR changes.

What is the point if rolling/continuing a mage? Portals and Non-buff food?

You are sole DPS, yet even top geared mages cannot contend with other classes on a serious raid roster. You have to channel evocation (WHICH IS GETTING NERF) or stand in a little square that requires cast time and pray that you don't have to move soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I certainly dont play a mage.. PSSSH
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
02/27/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Fabulosa
yet even top geared mages cannot contend with other classes on a serious raid roster.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Terrace_of_Endless_Spring/dps/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

You are sole DPS, yet even top geared mages cannot contend with other classes on a serious raid roster. .

Wat
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
02/27/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Fabulosa
You are sole DPS, yet even top geared mages cannot contend with other classes on a serious raid roster.

This statement probably only applies to Frost because of Frost's poor scaling and hard crit cap. Basically, the better you gear a Frost mage, the better off you are switching specs to Fire or Arcane.

But have you seen the rankings lately? Fire and Arcane mages are tearing stuff up in rankings. With Fire scaling the way it does and normal gear going up to 522, coupled with Fire being able to utilize both Scorch and PoM in 5.2, mages aren't really going anywhere. There will probably just be a shift in who plays what spec, but that's about it.
Reply Quote

You are sole DPS, yet even top geared mages cannot contend with other classes on a serious raid roster.

This is a joke right?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage

This is a joke right?

I bet he is talking about the situation in 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I've played the game off and on for years, and most recently I deleted all my characters during my last exodus. I figured if I started again, I'd like to do it fresh. Well, I've played a mage since 2005 and I'm back once again! I've tried them all, and I can say this is my favorite class to play.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Linking WoL ranks from fights in Terrace isn't a strong enough argument. Except for Tsulong, and parts of the Lei Shi encounter, the other ToES fights are mostly stationary... which is where mage dps will always really be outstanding.

I have been a raiding arcane mage since classic and this girl has been my main for 8 years. The MoP expansion for our class has quite a lot to QQ about.

I rolled a shadow priest and a hunter to 90 and into raid gear this xpac, and did nearly as much damage in 460 gear on those two as my mage did at 470. It took no effort to hit cap. On the mage hit capping is a constant reforging nightmare.

And yes, with mages as a solely dps class, having our dps falling under a priest who was originally designed to heal is a nice burn, Blizz. /not

I play it because it is challenging to play well. Unlike some classes, as a mage, I can't get by on button-mashing and a pet doesn't do all the work for me.
Edited by Firecrakker on 2/28/2013 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/28/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Arisandra
I've played the game off and on for years, and most recently I deleted all my characters during my last exodus. I figured if I started again, I'd like to do it fresh. Well, I've played a mage since 2005 and I'm back once again! I've tried them all, and I can say this is my favorite class to play.
inb4 your mental break down at 90 and realize how horrid the talents make gameplay , other than dailys of course >.> i didnt wanna reroll from my mage but i raid and dealing with the talents over and over and over , attempt after attempt extended pull times because i need extra time befor a pull with invocate+pre pot+pyro and they keep nerfing CM so i feel like i made the correct choice =/

but have fun lvling!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
02/28/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Arisandra

It changes at 90, sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
^ It gets better at 90, sorry. You just need to grow a pair. <3
Edited by Atamynn on 2/28/2013 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Lol? Are you one of the three mages that enjoys the 90 talents?
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Fabuloso
I certainly dont play a mage.. PSSSH

You're responding to your own post. Please get out of my forum.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
For starters, this is my first toon and WAS my main account. Ever since the day I decided to 'try out' the free trial of WoW. I fell in love with the class.

90 talents = Perm retired , and I unsubbed for 3 months.
Rerolled.

Any hope of reestablishing my love for this toon, CRUSHED, with one look at the 5.2 PTR changes.

What is the point if rolling/continuing a mage? Portals and Non-buff food?

You are sole DPS, yet even top geared mages cannot contend with other classes on a serious raid roster. You have to channel evocation (WHICH IS GETTING NERF) or stand in a little square that requires cast time and pray that you don't have to move soon.

You did a really good job explaining how little you understand the Mage class in it's current state.
Edited by Halister on 2/28/2013 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
02/28/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Harlach

It changes at 90, sorry.

Haha, I'll be the judge of that :-)

This.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I don't play this class because it's top dps. I play this class because I love being a mage. I have liked mages since I rolled one at the beginning of wrath. A couple of nerfs isn't going to stop me from playing my favorite class.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
02/28/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Kayarc
I don't play this class because it's top dps. I play this class because I love being a mage. I have liked mages since I rolled one at the beginning of wrath. A couple of nerfs isn't going to stop me from playing my favorite class.

Read my mind. After playing every class in the game for a while, I can say this one is the most fun for me. Level 90 talents be damned.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
02/28/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Arisandra

It changes at 90, sorry.

Haha, I'll be the judge of that :-)

This.

I eagerly await your post praising the talents when you hit 90.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]