Who still plays this class?

90 Goblin Mage
I eagerly await your post praising the talents when you hit 90.

I get the fact they're not that great, but that won't stop me from having fun playing my mage ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
They're pretty much the only reason I dislike my mage this expansion, I was having a great time until level 90.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I love my mage... it is the most accomplished character I have

I have leveled an elemental shaman to 90.. a hunter to 87... multiple others to at least level 80

I find it hard to play anything but mage... yeh other classes have some fun spells... I wish so much that mages get a thunderstorm ability someday

But mage is still my main
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Played this toon since Classic. Never switched mains once.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
02/28/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Firecrakker
Linking WoL ranks from fights in Terrace isn't a strong enough argument. Except for Tsulong, and parts of the Lei Shi encounter, the other ToES fights are mostly stationary... which is where mage dps will always really be outstanding.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Heart_of_Fear/dps/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu'shan_Vaults/dps/

So of the 16 raid bosses, mages appear in the top 10 DPS rankings on 13 bosses. Also, mages have put out the best DPS on 4 of the 16 encounters in MoP.

And yes, with mages as a solely dps class, having our dps falling under a priest who was originally designed to heal is a nice burn, Blizz. /not

Priests dont make a DPS appearance on any of the 16 fights.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Ghostcrawler
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah mages are in a real bad spot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
yeah, exactly this [EDIT: what #18 said]. i've been chucking fireballs through ups and downs, and no matter what, i love playing a mage.
Edited by Prelimar on 3/1/2013 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/28/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Arisandra

It changes at 90, sorry.

Haha, I'll be the judge of that :-)

^ It gets better at 90, sorry. You just need to grow a pair. <3

This.

Wait till you get to 90 bud. It has nothing to do with meters, dps, viability and everything to do with fun. Level 90 talents completely ruin any fun you will have in PvE.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/28/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Arisandra
I eagerly await your post praising the talents when you hit 90.

I get the fact they're not that great, but that won't stop me from having fun playing my mage ^_^

"Not great" doesn't really do them justice. Just wait....you will see.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are many other classes that have worse talents, if not a broken class overall.

I'm amazed blizzard loves you so much considering you're such ungrateful children.
*sob* They don't even have the heart to give you a good nerf.

Now that's love.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are many other classes that have worse talents, if not a broken class overall.

Rogues are probably the only class I would not gladly trade my level 90 talent tier with.
Reply Quote
have you guys seen the entire shaman tree? now that's a joke
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]