Will I have a bad time? Disc pvp.

90 Human Hunter
I'm not a fotm player, I'm so bored of hunter.

Looking at playing a healer come 5.2 and having trouble deciding between disc or shaman.

I prefer priest play style and have played one before, however I havnt in around a year plus.

Can a seasoned pvper, and preferably someoe with ptr experience please answer the following;
How's disc looking?
Is it still sitting on the low side of the top healers scale?
What's discs current problems?

This is all arena 3's based play. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Stay far far far.....

Far away from disc pvp
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I'd wait for responses from players with a lot of pvp experience that actually have some input on the matter and can give you reasoning, rather than listening to someone that gave no reasons and has no pvp experience.

Just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
disc is getting a huge buff actually and we are looking like the best healers in game. Thug cleave is the best comp on PTR right now.

disc is the only healing class that can survive ferals too.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
disc is getting a huge buff actually and we are looking like the best healers in game. Thug cleave is the best comp on PTR right now.

disc is the only healing class that can survive ferals too.

stay away from disc pvp and priests is general. The developers are all out of fresh ideas and have been slowly nerfing/removing abilities from the class rather than adding new ones like the other 4 healers.

I don't feel like going down a list but at this point disc priest can get

Fear 27sec cd
Psyfiend/void tendrils/mind control? really why is this a talent? Its like they are completely out of ideas on this class and removing baseline spells we have had for 4 years and calling it a talent.

While druids/paladins/shaman/monk get 5+ cc/interrupt/utility spells on a short cds.

PTR - disc priest mana is slightly better but we can still get

Fear 27sec cd
Psyfiend/void tendrils/mind control
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Survivability is going to be great. With 30% from Focused Will, it's going to feel a bit tanky lol. The only problem is mana. It's kind of bad at the moment and Rapture is going to get nerfed too.

I'm looking forward to the Penance 20% healing/dmg buff :D. The 4 set piece reduces its CD by 4 secs which means that it's only going to have a 5 sec CD. I think that will help a lot with our mana too. We'll see in 5.2 how this all plays out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
honestly hpally are rigged, stun/blind/rep range cast too. meanwhile fear is 8 yard makes u opentarget. the good part is now Mind dominate can be usefull now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
PS @incognitos is just trolling. disc priest cant withstand kfc or kittyc, sure DP+PS will help a bit, but compare to Hpally with Bubble, or monks that can rollface, druid with their invisblink, shaman mmm...ya die fast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]