Horde RP confuses me.

88 Blood Elf Paladin
It seems that every other character is proud to announce how much they detest Garrosh, even though we know that doing so just means your character is beaten or killed.

When you play your character(s), do you have them toe the line or simply state how much they detest the "dumb warchief?" It seems like something that really deals with what the Horde is now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Finaj is not a fan of Garrosh and he understands why others despise him and want to remove him from power.

Finaj is into politics, so he will respect the Warchief in conversation until the Siege of Orgrimmar comes around.

He's not stupid enough to disrespect him. The only time he talks negatively about him is among his own kind while speaking Gutterspeak.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/22/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Finaj
He's not stupid enough to disrespect him. The only time he talks negatively about him is among his own kind while speaking Gutterspeak.

Mine take this route. They're not supporters of the warchief but they know better than to actually come out and say it in places like Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Garrosh #1.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/22/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Skullcrusha
Garrosh #1.

For orcs, anyway.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, it isn't really about liking him.

My warlock for example has no interest in orcs, but when you hear rumors that people go missing if they say the wrong thing, it's a lot easier to fake a "lok'tar ogar" than it is to regrow a head.

I guess the Horde just has this really good storyline right now and people don't really appreciate it. You don't have a pretend tyrant like people want with Varian. This is actually a character that will do anything to remain in power.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
In my opinion, it's because a lot of people disliked Garrosh before it was brought to our attention that he would be the next big super villain. All of this just gives people more reason to hate on him openly while ignoring the fact that he is in a position of power.
Reply Quote
Garrosh. I mean.. that guy. Pret-ty awesome, you know?
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Skullcrusha
Garrosh #1.
Garrosh has a lot of badass moments, I'll give people that. Is he also a screw up? Well, yeah, but he's also a pretty legendary orc. The fact that he managed to inspire a Forsaken army is cool enough.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
02/22/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Aestiah
In my opinion, it's because a lot of people disliked Garrosh before it was brought to our attention that he would be the next big super villain. All of this just gives people more reason to hate on him openly while ignoring the fact that he is in a position of power.
It does seem odd to me that people are using out of game knowledge that Garrosh will be a future villain to justify IC actions.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
We're talking about Garrosh here, not Tirion.

02/22/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Danyl
It does seem odd to me that people are using out of game knowledge that Garrosh will be a future villain to justify IC actions.

It's really annoying.

"HEH JUST YOU WAIT HE WON'T LAST LONG."

I hope he destroys Vol'jin and Blizz is like 'lol jp he's not going anywhere"
Edited by Vespasia on 2/22/2013 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Seeing that RP is pretty much a creative open-season, perhaps such players simply don't care to acknowledge that aspect of lore in their RP? I've seen a handful of informed, thoughtful RPers who choose to do blatantly illegal things for many reasons other than ignorance of the lore.

For starters, look at worgen RPers playing characters who openly choose to stay in beast form at all times. You see enough of them in Duskwood, despite the Night Watch's missive to shoot all feral worgen on sight. This is a good enough deterrent for all of my worgen characters to avoid wandering about the area in the dark, but hey, everyone prefers to do their own thing. And besides, nobody can deny the addictive quality of playing 'werewolves'. You just can't.

LFM Gilneas RP!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
For starters, look at worgen RPers playing characters who openly choose to stay in beast form at all times. You see enough of them in Duskwood, despite the Night Watch's missive to shoot all feral worgen on sight.

Good thing Gilnean worgen aren't feral worgen. It's safe to assume that they've gotten the message by now that a friendly worgen wandering into their town and -not- slaughtering everyone in sight is Alliance-friendly. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with a worgen choosing to stay in their beast form at all times, not sure where you're going with that.

It's not the same as choosing to simply ignore the leader of the entire faction.
Edited by Sconia on 2/22/2013 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I believe Blizz said Sylvanas will have a -major- role in Garrosh's downfall. I'm interested to see what her role will be.

I hope she's in 5.3, as we haven't seen any activity from her since Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Seeing that RP is pretty much a creative open-season, perhaps such players simply don't care to acknowledge that aspect of lore in their RP? I've seen a handful of informed, thoughtful RPers who choose to do blatantly illegal things for many reasons other than ignorance of the lore.

For starters, look at worgen RPers playing characters who openly choose to stay in beast form at all times. You see enough of them in Duskwood, despite the Night Watch's missive to shoot all feral worgen on sight. This is a good enough deterrent for all of my worgen characters to avoid wandering about the area in the dark, but hey, everyone prefers to do their own thing. And besides, nobody can deny the addictive quality of playing 'werewolves'. You just can't.

LFM Gilneas RP!

I'm afraid I don't entirely see the connection here.

There are some players that simply play as part of a neutral faction (Argent Crusade), so it makes sense that they don't fear/care for Garrosh, but when it's someone in Orgrimmar or a Horde base camp spouting this stuff off... in Orcish.

Yeah. Just kind of challenges the very notion of what is permissible in the modern Horde.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Aellanor
For starters, look at worgen RPers playing characters who openly choose to stay in beast form at all times. You see enough of them in Duskwood, despite the Night Watch's missive to shoot all feral worgen on sight.

Raven Hill. I think its okay that they are in their Worgen forms if they choose to be.

As for Horde RP? I think some people choose to "rage against the machine" because they can't do it in real-life. Same for anyone who do it Alliance-side.
Edited by Rennali on 2/22/2013 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Hey... wouldn't be the first time (IRL) at least, don't know enough to speak for in-game, that people have been so convicted in their beliefs as to publicly denounce a leader knowing that they face imprisonment/torture/death.

And while, yes, I know that Gilnean worgen aren't feral worgen, I think it's a good bet that if you have seen your region overrun by ravening, powerful and reckless beasts that tore your countrymen to shreds and really screwed you over with the whole repelling the scourge deal that... where was I going with this... You wouldn't walk up to one in the dark backwoods of duskwood and ask if they are friendly.

Raven Hill. I think its okay that they are in their Worgen forms if they choose to be.

As for Horde RP? I think some people choose to "rage against the machine" because they can't do it in real-life. Same for anyone who do it Alliance-side.

I am speaking mostly in reference to the whole running around in the pitch-black thing. It's one thing to see a cluster of caravans and assume that ferals haven't acquired the need for roofs / relatively intact clothing / hanging out in the midst of other humans who don't seem all that concerned that they are standing next to a worgen.
Edited by Aellanor on 2/22/2013 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
On that note, does the Kor'kron Legion follow Malkorok's example of beating down people that talk out against Garrosh? Unlike with Stormwind Guard guilds where we don't know what the law is, Tides of War clearly designated what is not permissible.

Hey... wouldn't be the first time (IRL) at least, don't know enough to speak for in-game, that people have been so convicted in their beliefs as to publicly denounce a leader knowing that they face imprisonment/torture/death.

And while, yes, I know that Gilnean worgen aren't feral worgen, I think it's a good bet that if you have seen your region overrun by ravening, powerful and reckless beasts that tore your countrymen to shreds and really screwed you over with the whole repelling the scourge deal that... where was I going with this... You wouldn't walk up to one in the dark backwoods of duskwood and ask if they are friendly.

I have a feeling you can tell a feral worgen from a normal one.

Primarily because the normal one isn't frothing in rage and trying to eat your face.

But yes, the difference between IRL and RP is that IRL you can't say ((My character won't be punished for this))

Well, I guess you can say "don't taze me, bro" but...
Edited by Vespasia on 2/22/2013 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
02/22/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Vespasia
I hope he destroys Vol'jin and Blizz is like 'lol jp he's not going anywhere"

I'd laugh if that happens because Vol'jin has the next novel being written about him.

"Wow, look at all this character development, wait, no, he's dead."

Vol'kuza only badmouths the Warchief when he's in the right company, specifically, with other Trolls that hate Garrosh. If he's in Orgrimmar, or say, camped out in Kun'lai with a bunch of other Horde forces, he'll hold his tongue.

He's got reasons to hate the guy. He uses those reasons to gather other Trolls who don't like the Warchief. It's the people who don't have real, tangible reasons to hate Garrosh that are a bit strange.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
There is just way too many "raging against the machine". A few maybe. The majority of the Horde, no.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]