Horde RP confuses me.

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I get Hellscream. It's not hard to, really.

But from entire cultures to a handful of individuals, it isn't surprising to see that his methods have ruffled the wrong feathers. It doesn't surprise me, or even strike me as something to be confused about, to see dissent. Some people have more a right to complain.

Some people have a better perspective on everything as well.

After all, we can't go from "Hey he's a badass, right on" to "!@#$ YOU HELLSCREAM GIMME A CIGARETTE" in the span of the days before his swan song patch's release. Reasons to dislike him are being developed, some of which are more blatant than others.

I think the oddity comes more from location, though. That goes back to Guard Awareness Syndrome, and whether people are aware of what they're saying/doing and where, or not. Moreso, if they even care. Every city has its people that are like "hey I do as I please to hell with these guards."

That's an issue which prevails on either side of the fence. Garrosh Hate, or at least its openness, is just a prominent fallback.
Reply Quote
I want a Saurfang Horde. Pls.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Vol'jin as Warchief would be interesting because the Kor'kron, the group that nearly killed him, would become sworn to his commands.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Our battlecry will resound.

"...They named him Drannosh."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Wouldn't expect you to.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/22/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Volkuza
Vol'jin as Warchief would be interesting because the Kor'kron, the group that nearly killed him, would become sworn to his commands.

I'd follow Warchief Vol'jin.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't get it either.

Mei keeps it to herself, and hasn't told anybody (I think.)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I get Hellscream. It's not hard to, really.

Hellscream isn't hard to understand. His goals are clear, and are atleast somewhat justified.

But from entire cultures to a handful of individuals, it isn't surprising to see that his methods have ruffled the wrong feathers. It doesn't surprise me, or even strike me as something to be confused about, to see dissent. Some people have more a right to complain.

There's a lot of people that can hate him, especially because of his actions. I'm not surprised by it either, because Blizzard seems to want us to dislike him, and there will be dissent during the Siege of Orgrimmar. There already seems to be plenty of reason to go against him.

Some people have a better perspective on everything as well.

Some people have hated him OOC from the start and that shows in their characters.

After all, we can't go from "Hey he's a badass, right on" to "!@#$ YOU HELLSCREAM GIMME A CIGARETTE" in the span of the days before his swan song patch's release. Reasons to dislike him are being developed, some of which are more blatant than others.

There is a reason why he is being taken down, and the path to his down fall is kinda logical, because he is a badass, with good intentions, but, he's doing things the wrong way, which has been a build up. People have enough reasons now to hate him, and more are being made as the game goes along but I don't think there should be so many people that hate him right from the start.

I think the oddity comes more from location, though. That goes back to Guard Awareness Syndrome, and whether people are aware of what they're saying/doing and where, or not. Moreso, if they even care. Every city has its people that are like "hey I do as I please to hell with these guards."

It's where that dislike is shown at, that's the problem. You shouldn't show that dissent in front of guards in Orgrimmar, you can't even say you hate Garrosh, or make plans in the open to go against him, because brutal actions would be taken. This is important, because it contributes to the arguement that guards are just NPCs and should be disregarded in RP. Every race has it's subjects that shouldn't be openly mentioned in cities for being allied with, such as Grimtotem in Thunder Bluff, and Scarlet Crusaders in the Undercity.

That's an issue which prevails on either side of the fence. Garrosh Hate, or at least its openness, is just a prominent fallback.

The same can be side on Alliance side. Similiar reactions would be had if someone in Darnassus said they worked with Satyrs, people in Tinkertown saying they support Thermaplugg, or back in Vanilla people in Ironforge saying they supported the Dark Irons.
Edited by Evelysa on 2/22/2013 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Shirexia isn't a fan of Garrosh's Horde at all, but retains the capacity to understand that saying such things aloud isn't very intelligent. However, when in Quel'Thalas and in the company of other like-minded people - exclusively elves - to be a bit safer with the common sentiment pretty much all around.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
People just like playing the defiant rebel, is my guess.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Since people are sharing their orcs' perspectives on Garrosh, I think I'll share mine.

For my hunter, his belief is that no matter what, as long as there are at least two people alive, someone will be trying to kill someone else. He sees war as an inevitability, as something his people are good at, and as a means of progress for society. As weapons get better, so does transportation and communication. He thinks it's the destiny of the orcish race to fight the battles that can't be won, and at the moment the Alliance presents the greatest challenge. If anything, the humans should be thanking the orcs for making them stronger and causing them to band together.

For my monk, she's basically been indoctrinated into thinking that if the orcs stop fighting, they'll be slaughtered like pigs or enslaved and bred as beasts of burden. The conflict is life or death in her eyes, and her goal as a member of the Horde is to not have herself, her family, or her future family annihilated or forced into a living hell.

As a result, they both support Garrosh, though the hunter only supports any Warchief as long as he has a winning record.
Edited by Rofaldo on 2/22/2013 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Warlock
Medasia and Sierris both speak from a position of seeing the changes and analyzing the changes. When it comes to analysis, it's the cold hard truth for them. Warchief or not, Garrosh made some dumb errors, and that will reflect poorly on him in their eyes. It's a legitimate gripe they both harbor.

They only say that gripe when prodded, though, and usually in like company. An orc might go up to Medasia and ask her opinion, and she'd say only this much: "I hope you like wasting your resources."....

Sierris has divorced herself completely, so she can state rather plainly "I have a major problem with the direction of things.".

Abby here? As long as she does business, she won't care, but her 'spider senses' are tingling.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
My orc would want Thrall back as Warchief but he'd accept a Saurfang administration.

Meanwhile I want Warchief Saurfang so badly and hope Thrall doesn't come back. >_>
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
My orc (if I still played him) super supports Garrosh.

Orcs are #1 and Garrosh is very orky.

Err, I mean Orc-y.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
My orc would want Thrall back as Warchief but he'd accept a Saurfang administration.

Meanwhile I want Warchief Saurfang so badly and hope Thrall doesn't come back. >_>

Saurfang is the only character that would take no build up to automatically be acceptable.

Let us see an actual, honorbound Mak'gora for once.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight

Saurfang is the only character that would take no build up to automatically be acceptable.

Let us see an actual, honorbound Mak'gora for once.

Agreed. But he is pretty far down on the totem pole of likely candidates. Mainly because the story hasn't touched him in two expansions. You can't expect the framers to just pull them out like a Henry Clay.
Reply Quote
Varian, Vol'jin, Jaina, Baine, Thrall, Saurfang... there is literally a waiting list for Garrosh's head on a pike.

I'm betting Vol'jin will kill him due to his development through a novel.
Edited by Finaj on 2/22/2013 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
02/22/2013 09:44 PMPosted by Finaj
I'm betting Vol'jin will kill him due to his development through a novel.

And probably because he said he would be the one to do it.

I'd like to see him live out that promise.
Reply Quote
Saurfang said he would kill him in WotLK, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]