Locks and the golden spoon

Been doing battle grounds a lot the last few weeks and (I am not here to complain about the way out of control amount of cc) but I am wondering why Locks are always top kills, top dammage and top heals. WTF? Balance? The golden spoon. Me thinks yes. Just another WTH in WOW's WTH balanced PVP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Locks are getting attention because they were severely under-represented in Cata, to the point of nearly nonexistant in PvE. So Blizzard is giving them attention and nerfing more represented class to bleed those numbers, get them to re-roll.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Been doing battle grounds a lot the last few weeks and (I am not here to complain about the way out of control amount of cc) but I am wondering why Locks are always top kills, top dammage and top heals. WTF? Balance? The golden spoon. Me thinks yes. Just another WTH in WOW's WTH balanced PVP.

You probably just don't have any good spriests or DKs on your team. They usually top, if good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/23/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Jugaa
You probably just don't have any good spriests or DKs on your team. They usually top, if good.

Indeed.

Also Destro locks snipe a lot of killing blows with Shadowburn, they didn't always do the work to get the enemy to low health :>
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/23/2013 11:26 PMPosted by Vexxim
Also Destro locks snipe a lot of killing blows with Shadowburn, they didn't always do the work to get the enemy to low health :>

I would rather havoc chaos bolt tbh :) prob noob on my part but eh, I love double CB. And no, I still do quite a bit of damage, but nothing like dks. I can usually top charts only because I'm full mal and almost all upgraded, nothing to do with OP class.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Jugaa

I would rather havoc chaos bolt tbh :) prob noob on my part but eh, I love double CB. And no, I still do quite a bit of damage, but nothing like dks. I can usually top charts only because I'm full mal and almost all upgraded, nothing to do with OP class.

which is why the top team in the us tends to run 3 plus destro locks when they can .... has nothing to do with the insane cleave damage that fire and brimstone can cause on a large cluster of targets.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
which is why the top team in the us tends to run 3 plus destro locks when they can .... has nothing to do with the insane cleave damage that fire and brimstone can cause on a large cluster of targets.

I don't care what other locks do.
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Jugaa

I don't care what other locks do.

Uh when the top teams in the world are stacking a classs it generally means it is pretty much broken in someway currently that would be good boomkins and destro locks boomkin stack is less likely because there are fewer good boomkins then locks.

Locks right now are pretty much broken in rbgs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/24/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Rainbowdash
Locks right now are pretty much broken in rbgs.

Do you have the link?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This is why top comps run 6 locks... oh no they dont?

My head is spinning.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
OK, I just looked it up online, apparently, there is a thing called comp, and you want more than one class for best results.

I cant quite explain, but look it up, there is lots of people talking about it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
According to this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/ only 2 of the top 20 rated are destro locks, or any locks for that matter.
Reply Quote
nearly the entirity of the top 20 are wintraders but great proof watch abn's teams they tend to be comprised of 2 to 4 locks.
Reply Quote
36 Tauren Hunter
Frost DKs say hi.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Because we try harder...

Like they said in Revenge of the Nerds "..because, it's all we think about"

Season after season of nerfs have just meant we always go all out...now we have stuff to work with, the effort that made us barely effective...BAM.

Oh, hey, don't I see a lot of warriors at teh top? And, if I, as an afflock, do top the chart like that (and, sometimes, I do), it means my team blew hard.

Like, if teh best place to go out to dinner in your town is Burger King...you have a major issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]