[H-PVP] Battle Hardened

90 Dwarf Warrior
For the right fitting opportunity (for both myself and the group) I might be willing to xfer back Horde. If you'd like to discuss it, my battlenet is Nakhu4#1761. If not, best of luck to you this season.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Got our first RBG guild challenge of the season! With a group of guildies like the one we have, we'll definitely be a force to reckon with!

We are still in need of a few healers for the multiple groups we run (holy pally and rsham), and a good warlock for our main group. For our second group we'll need a good FC, pref bear or warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Why in the world do I know the name "Warxx"?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Battle Hardened is branching out! By this we mean we're going to start a bit of PVE on the weekends. Sunday at 6pm server we are going to run MSV10 for the guild challenge and any disenchanting mats.

We also still need a warlock for our main group, though anyone is welcome to join. Hopefully once we have the groups worked out we can start getting some world PVP going, and remind the Alliance who is really in charge of Azeroth!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So I recently had someone ask me why we started a PVP guild on an RP server. Not sure if anyone else is confused by that, so I figured I'd post it here for any future recruits to read.

I ventured over to WRA a little over two years ago...well, maybe closer to three now that I think about it...in hopes of something to ease my boredom. I really didn't expect to find such a fun atmosphere, especially after raiding semi-hardcore on Nazgrel for three years before that. I fell in love with RPing and meeting the characters people came up with, and transferred the majority of my toons over shortly after. Mind you, before I xferred I hardly ever PVPed, and really just generally thought it was awful.

Once I was here I realized that the Horde vs. Alliance conflict is one of the most important parts of Azeroth, and felt it was character's duty to participate for the Horde. Instead of sitting there and waiting for the Alliance to eventually try to destroy the Horde's holds in Azeroth, I felt that it was necessary for my priest to assist as best as she could and help mend as many wounds as possible on the battlefield. And while it was all well and good to say that she was doing all those things while I actually AFKed in SMC, I decided to actually go out and win some skirmishes against the Alliance.

With those ideas in mind, it wasn't hard to find a group of soldiers willing to fight, either for the benefit of the Horde forces, or simply because they like the bloodshed. There are quite a few people who participate in PVP because their character feels that it is the right thing to do, and more that do it just because it's a different aspect of end-game than raiding.

But why a PVP guild on an RP server? While I can't speak for others as to why they stick around an RP server, I'm here because I enjoy the atmosphere and talking with the people I've met, as well as having RL friends and family on WRA. I also know that I am not the only avid PVPer that dabbles in RP. This game offers so many different things to do end-game, and to restrict someone to a PVP realm because they occasionally like to run around in BGs seems unfair. Hence why there will always be PVPers on RP realms, just as there will always be PVErs on PVP realms. Instead of PVPing alone, we've decided to band together, like-minded people with similar interests, regardless of our reasons for being on this server.

Not all PVPers troll RP, believe it or not, and many actually enhance roleplay with their character's views and experience in the Horde/Alliance war. And if WRA was filled only with people who RPed and did nothing else, well, I think SMC would be the only populated place in all of Azeroth.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Don't forget to check out battlehardened.guildlaunch.com ! Lot's of good posts about the guild for potential members!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just found out that our RBG leader is switching to days in the first week of April, which means we don't have to do our weekly swing of the RBG schedule. If that was hindering anyone from joining out family, you don't have to worry about it! That being said, right now we're in the process of figuring out which days/times work best for everyone, so if you have a preference and looking for a potential guild home, be sure to let me know!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
For anyone not QUITE all about PVP, but still want a chill guild to join, Battle Hardened is also taking casual PVErs. We run a raid on the weekends, and would love more guildies for the guild challenge, as well as heroics for the gold and gear. Of course, we are a primarily PVP guild, and therefore any PVE we do will not be our main focus, but we still have quite a few guildies interested in starting a bit of PVE on the side. If you think that you would be a good fit for our guild, please feel free to join us!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Will you consider non guildies for your PvP activities?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@Jastiraice We do sometimes have to pug people if we are short guildies. If you would like to join the list of people that are interested, but not joining the guild, we can do write your name down. Those spots are not guaranteed, and we can't promise a set spot every week. Bear in mind that guildies will have priority for any open spots, since they've put the time and effort to be in the guild.This is the only fair way we can think to do it. If you would like a set spot every week, your best bet would be to join the guild so we know that you are dedicated to having a spot.

In the next week we plan on setting up world PVP groups. If you are looking for that route of PVP, I can certainly add you to our list of PVPers, since that is more Horde-based instead of guild-based.

In other news, starting in April our RBG times will be set days. As of right now, our main team will be running Fri/Sun at 6pm server, and our more casual group will be on Mon/Wed. These times are not final! Up until the first week in April, this schedule may be changed! With the creation of our set days, teams will also be set. If you are interested in a spot, now is the time to get in contact with us. After these teams are set, it is still possible to challenge for a spot, as determined by some sort of skill test from the RBG leader. These challenges will only be allowed by guildmembers, in order to keep the groups guild-centered.

For more information regarding the guild or our RBG groups, feel free to visit battlehardened.guildlaunch.com
Edited by Valisia on 3/18/2013 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This guild looks rely good. Best of luck to you all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Forgot to mention earlier that when I went through the RBG groups, we are still looking for...

1 mage to push rating on Fri/Sun nights
1 pally healer
1 shaman healer for the casual group
1 warlock

We are recruiting any PVPers that enjoy running arenas, random BGs or world PVP. We will be subbing at guildies for RBGs if more people are interested than the number of spots open, so even if you don't have a spot at first, we'll try to get you in.

If you want to be a part of our family, but don't want to participate in PVP, we are also recruiting members to start a casual PVE side to run guild challenges and possibly a raid group on the weekend!

PST Valisia, Sinuae, Rylest, Valoriouz or Warxx in-game for more info!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I like you guys.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Aw, thanks Liquor and Gussy. Nice to know we have some outside support. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
@Jastiraice We do sometimes have to pug people if we are short guildies. If you would like to join the list of people that are interested, but not joining the guild, we can do write your name down. Those spots are not guaranteed, and we can't promise a set spot every week. Bear in mind that guildies will have priority for any open spots, since they've put the time and effort to be in the guild.This is the only fair way we can think to do it. If you would like a set spot every week, your best bet would be to join the guild so we know that you are dedicated to having a spot.

In the next week we plan on setting up world PVP groups. If you are looking for that route of PVP, I can certainly add you to our list of PVPers, since that is more Horde-based instead of guild-based.

In other news, starting in April our RBG times will be set days. As of right now, our main team will be running Fri/Sun at 6pm server, and our more casual group will be on Mon/Wed. These times are not final! Up until the first week in April, this schedule may be changed! With the creation of our set days, teams will also be set. If you are interested in a spot, now is the time to get in contact with us. After these teams are set, it is still possible to challenge for a spot, as determined by some sort of skill test from the RBG leader. These challenges will only be allowed by guildmembers, in order to keep the groups guild-centered.

For more information regarding the guild or our RBG groups, feel free to visit battlehardened.guildaunch.com

You can add me to any of your lists that are open.

As for guild-member priority, I completely understand and will gladly bow-out for them.

Due to personal responsibilities, I will be unavailable on Wednesdays, as well as the first weekend in April. Feel free to contact me in game any other time.

Edit: P.S. you lift the "L" out of guild launch. Just spent the last two minutes trying to figure out why my ISP wanted to sell me the "guildaunch" domain...
Edited by Jastiraice on 3/18/2013 2:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Edit: P.S. you lift the "L" out of guild launch. Just spent the last two minutes trying to figure out why my ISP wanted to sell me the "guildaunch" domain...

Ack, sorry! Fixed, in case others try to visit the site!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/18/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Valisia

Ack, sorry! Fixed, in case others try to visit the site!

It happens. Just ask anyone who's had the ... pleasure ... of RPing with me. My typos are epic.

I look forward to PvPing with you guys in the future.
Reply Quote
Bump!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
First off, want to say GRATS to my fellow guildies for pushing the guild to level 25! It's nice to reap the benefits of all our hard work! Keep it up!

Also I'm so happy to say that I'm hearing good things about the guild! Gotten a few whispers about how friendly everyone is, and how interested they are to run with us. And if we get many more people, we'll have to start looking into starting a THIRD RBG group! I'd really like to thank all the members and friends who have made this possible, and invite anyone who is even remotely looking for a PVP-centered home to come talk to us!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Looking for a Ret pally? By chance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]