The Savage Lord dispenses advice!

100 Tauren Hunter
Dear Savage Lord,

Think you can spot me fifty G?

The tar pits of Un'Goro Crater are in need of cleaning. You may earn your wages there for a modest fee.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Dear Savage Lord,

Even though I can heal wounds and raise the fallen, I would much rather smash in people's faces when they say something stupid.

Is this normal?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Dear Savage Lord,

I came face to face with the Sha of Happiness, and yet I felt nothing. What does this mean?

-Some Dead Guy

You are a soulless shell of your former self, doomed to the rest of time to walk a sad and lonely existence without hope. Without happiness.

You sound just like my mother.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Dear Savage Lord,

I have been given the option to take and do away with two of three powers.
The sword
The staff
and The shield

Which should I take, and which should I give away?

....And where do I go after?

-Lance Topsail

The sword delivers justice. The shield protects friends and family. The staff guides your steps. All three offer something unique, and all three are equally important. Take the time to consider what is best in your life... as well in death.

What would want to be remembered as when you die? A traveler? A scholar? A warrior? A defender? Consider this, so that when you pass on and join the Great Mystery, your legacy carries on in song and praise.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Hi, thanks, long time listener, first time caller,

So, tell me Savage Lord? What makes you tick? Clockwork? Steam-powered bunnies? I bet it's the bunnies right?

It is my burning desire to crush my enemies, protect my family, rally my brothers, and defend this world that drives me.

I have a question, why are bears so stupid? I mean, I catch them, I place them in boxes, I fire them out of quasi-dimensional cannons. I love it so much! Is that unhealthy? Is it healthy? I bet it's healthy.

Nature, Salsbury, has a nasty way of returning to it's original state regardless of who or what attempts to subdue or control it. It burrows and takes seed. Overwhelms and smothers. One day, when you least expect it, all those bears - after years of being poked and prodded, humiliated and pushed around - they will revolt... and when they do, there will be nothing of you but a smear of blood and a scrap of torn cloth upon the floor.

Do you enjoy Hats? How about doodads to stick in said hats?

I wear a wolf on my face.

What about mondays? Do you like those?

I am not too particularly fond of Mondays.

Why do night elves exist?

The Earth Mother created the shu'halo and took what was left over to create the kaldorei.

And what's the deal with airship food? I mean, they offer little packets of peanuts. PEANUTS. I don't think I like those. They get all smarmy and crawl up the legs and bite you in the !@#. Wait. That's snakes. Right. Snakes. Why do they serve snakes as airship food?

Don't get me started on that subject.

Why are you a Savage Lord?

I am the Savage Lord.

I had a cousin named Die Inafire. Terrible time. People kept threatening him constantly. Do you get threatened constantly?

I live in a land filled with man-eating dinosaurs. There's not a day that goes by in the crater when my life is not threatened. I live in a perpetual state of survival.

Does this look infected?

Yes. Stop picking at it.

What's with sand? It just sits there, being all arrogant and desert like.

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like Un'Goro. Here everything is damp and muddy.

Oh also, what's your perfect Sunday?

The laughter of my children around me. The moaning of my mate beneath me. The cheering of my people before me. The lamentations of my enemies behind.
Edited by Bestiarius on 2/26/2013 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Dear Savage Lord,

Even though I can heal wounds and raise the fallen, I would much rather smash in people's faces when they say something stupid.

Is this normal?

There are still a great many people in this world that simply cannot accept hard truths. Sometimes, it must be beaten into them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Honorable Savage Lord;

Today I sit in my study, reflecting on a student of mine, trying to figure out the best way to reach him. For an orc, he is the exact opposite of what I typically see. He is cowardly, constantly scared of nearly everyone and everything around him. He lacks backbone to stand up for himself and even others. If given a task of any meaning, he seems fickle to complete it. How could I possibly turn this around?

We have tried taunting him into anger, but this does no good. We have tried nicer avenues, getting him to try opening up and all he does is wallow in self pity and still, nothing is obtained. Tell me Savage Lord, how can we turn a man who fears everything and can complete nothing, into something valuable and productive?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Honorable Savage Lord;

Today I sit in my study, reflecting on a student of mine, trying to figure out the best way to reach him. For an orc, he is the exact opposite of what I typically see. He is cowardly, constantly scared of nearly everyone and everything around him. He lacks backbone to stand up for himself and even others. If given a task of any meaning, he seems fickle to complete it. How could I possibly turn this around?

We have tried taunting him into anger, but this does no good. We have tried nicer avenues, getting him to try opening up and all he does is wallow in self pity and still, nothing is obtained. Tell me Savage Lord, how can we turn a man who fears everything and can complete nothing, into something valuable and productive?

I've spent a great many months attempting to help those you have described. From my experiences, I've learned one thing; A person cannot change until they are ready and willing to change. Your... friend... simply does not want to change, and no amount of encouragement will change that.

The world is cruel and favors only the strong. If your orc wishes to remain the limping antelope in a field of lions, that is his own choice. He will, sooner or later, be consumed while the rest of the herd continues to live on and prosper.

My advice is not one that many will accept, but it is a hard truth. Cut your losses. Do not let the wounded antelope slow down your herd. Hungry lions stay hidden for only so long.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I've spent a great many months attempting to help those you have described. From my experiences, I've learned one thing; A person cannot change until they are ready and willing to change. Your... friend... simply does not want to change, and no amount of encouragement will change that.

The world is cruel and favors only the strong. If your orc wishes to remain the limping antelope in a field of lions, that is his own choice. He will, sooner or later, be consumed while the rest of the herd continues to live on and prosper.

My advice is not one that many will accept, but it is a hard truth. Cut your losses. Do not let the wounded antelope slow down your herd. Hungry lions stay hidden for only so long.

Wise words. Thank you for the advice. This was indeed a consideration and thus was a reluctant one. But, you are right. He will either learn his place or be left behind to fend for himself.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Dear Advice Cow:

Whole, 2%, or Fat Free?

You will address me by my PROPER title before I answer any of your questions, you soulless mongrel!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Dear Savage Lord,

I forgot how to cat.

~Lurissa
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Dear Savage Lord,

I forgot how to cat.

~Lurissa

A wise druid once said "cat is for fight."
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Hey, is this thing on? We're recording? But I see the little red light blinki-- *static*

Heya, Great Savage Lord of the Lost Land,

I was workin' on my flying machine today, and wouldn't you know it, the ignition wasn't functioning properly. I kinda forced it and one of my engines started prematurely. Dang thing tore itself off and flew into a crowd. It hit an orc and... well... lets just say he didn't look much like an orc anymore.

Next thing I know his family is coming to me and claiming damages for murdering a father, a husband, and a son. Can you believe that?! They're suing me for damages! I have a busted flying machine with the paint scratched on one engine! They are also claiming I "defiled" his corpse, which isn't true! I only took what was left and grilled it; people paid good money for their steaks!

My question is, how do I fight these claims? The guards won't help and the legal system around here is shot.

Thanks anyway.
Edited by Kazn on 2/26/2013 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh wise Savage Lord, I am in such a mess...

I was, a few weeks ago, adopted by a demoness. I found out slightly more than a month later. When I found out, I was cast out - arguably the best blessing fate could throw my way, actually - but she had my heart firmly in hand...

A fortnight later, a warlock attempted to enslave me... And the demoness enslaved him. She warned him to never bother me again, and then invited me to check on her twins.

A demoness whose last action towards me had been undeniably hostile, and who had just made a display of power, invited me to come with her to check on her twin children, who are just as much demons as she is. In the middle of nowhere. And I could think of nothing but to agree.

Another fortnight, and I find that apparently, the sin'dorei who adopted me has had the demon ripped from her soul.

My question for you, oh wise Savage Lord, is this: What in the name of all that is sacred have I gotten myself into?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Heya, Great Savage Lord of the Lost Land,

I was workin' on my flying machine today, and wouldn't you know it, the ignition wasn't functioning properly. I kinda forced it and one of my engines started prematurely. Dang thing tore itself off and flew into a crowd. It hit an orc and... well... lets just say he didn't look much like an orc anymore.

Next thing I know his family is coming to me and claiming damages for murdering a father, a husband, and a son. Can you believe that?! They're suing me for damages! I have a busted flying machine with the paint scratched on one engine! They are also claiming I "defiled" his corpse, which isn't true! I only took what was left and grilled it; people paid good money for their steaks!

My question is, how do I fight these claims? The guards won't help and the legal system around here is shot.

Thanks anyway.

The family you speak of is not worthy of the orc you slew. Had they any sense of honor, they would not have bothered with attempting to sue you. They would have taken their payment with your own life.

If we are to ever cross paths, goblin, I'll be certain to honor that orc's memory... properly.
Edited by Bestiarius on 2/27/2013 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Dear Besti~

Can I snuggle your bessie?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Oh wise Savage Lord, I am in such a mess...

I was, a few weeks ago, adopted by a demoness. I found out slightly more than a month later. When I found out, I was cast out - arguably the best blessing fate could throw my way, actually - but she had my heart firmly in hand...

A fortnight later, a warlock attempted to enslave me... And the demoness enslaved him. She warned him to never bother me again, and then invited me to check on her twins.

A demoness whose last action towards me had been undeniably hostile, and who had just made a display of power, invited me to come with her to check on her twin children, who are just as much demons as she is. In the middle of nowhere. And I could think of nothing but to agree.

Another fortnight, and I find that apparently, the sin'dorei who adopted me has had the demon ripped from her soul.

My question for you, oh wise Savage Lord, is this: What in the name of all that is sacred have I gotten myself into?

A very confusing and terrible mess.

As I've said before, we are all put to the task from the moment we are conceived to the day we die. Life is a great and wondrous struggle. Despite how dire and hopeless our existence may seem, we are all created, by the Great Mother, to overcome and succeed.

You might not see it yet, but there is a great strength in you and in your ability to endure. Temper yourself and steel your convictions. This demon shall not relent until you triumph over that which has held you back all your life; yourself.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Dear Besti~

Can I snuggle your bessie?

No.
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Bestiarius
No.

;-;
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]