Bit confused installing

1 Human Warrior
Ok so about 2 days ago I installed the starter edition and today I decided to go buy WoW at my local gamestop. The gamestop employee told me sorta how to go about it and told me to buy a starter edition disk, battlechest, and mists of pandaria. So I bought all these three, im trying to install these now except the starter edition one because I already installed it. When I put in the battlechest disk it opens up the same installer as it does for the starter edition which I never completed all the way to optimal, I stopped it at playable. So I did some research and found out that the client is basically all I need and all I have to do is simply use the keys that it brings. When I go to upgrade with the key it brings with the battlechest it says this 'Your Battle.net account does not have any games that can be upgraded with this game key. Either you have no games that can be upgraded with this key, or you have already upgraded them.' I already have the starter edition client which supposably is all I need. But I dont know if this can be the problem but I havent finished downloading the client, its halfway in 'playable' does it have to go to 'optimal' before I can upgrade with the auth key?

And also if someone if kind enough please explain this entire process because im going a bit crazy here.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Combomayhem

1. Did you pay for the Starter Edition? The Starter is free, at least it is on our site, so I don't see why they would have charged you for it. If they did, you might want to see if you can get your money back from them.

2. The starter edition client will install all of the game data that is needed to play the vanilla version and any of the expansions. The keys are used to upgrade the account. Upgrading the account unlocks the in-game content for each version of the game.

Because the keys are intended for specific versions of the game, you will apply them to your account in the order in which the games were released.

Here's the order:

Vanilla WoW (The disk with the female night elf) > Burning Crusade (The disk with the male blood elf) > Wrath of the Lich King > Cataclysm > Mists of Pandaria

You can enter the keys here: https://us.battle.net/account/management/claim-code.html

Follow the link above > log into the battle.net account that you created for your Starter Edition > enter the keys starting the one for the original WoW.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Did you pay for the Starter Edition? The Starter is free,

As to this question, yes they do, the local Gamestops in my area has a price tag of $5 on them.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
99 cents at my local gamestop.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
02/26/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Combomayhem

Maybe it was. One of them had a price tag of $5, and I clearly remember a pricetag on the starter edition since it was front and center.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Combomayhem

Well that's not too bad. It's probably just to cover the cost of the disk itself. Did you get the game installed and your account upgraded?

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]