Why am i ooming so hard? (Hpal/have logs)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Specifically on tonights (reg) Will and elite protectors I seemed to be having mana problems when I know I shouldnt at this point. I have the logs. Im not sure if my spell usage is incorrect or maybe its the way I'm gemming or reforging? Also if theres something very obvious that I can be doing better to boost my overall output please point that out too (I think im in a decent position though right now in terms of that). The help is much appreciated <3

Heres the logs..http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r72pwalj7rla6jcz/details/0/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Just a brief look over:

1. Improper Divine Plea usage. Drop the glyph. You have better options. Like Protectors.
2. Low HoPo gain. HS more.
3. EF blanket more.
4. Improper cd usage. Stronger heals means less mana spent.
Edited by Ceresc on 2/26/2013 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Can you elaborate more on the improper DP usage I was using it on cooldown as soon as I got the full effect from it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
- Deleted -
Edited by Zokura on 2/27/2013 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/26/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Dordrey
Can you elaborate more on the improper DP usage I was using it on cooldown as soon as I got the full effect from it

You used the glyph and gained 72000 mana on the Protectors fight. And had no healing benefit from the Protectors glyph.

I did not use the glyph and gained 110160 mana on the same fight.
I also had 392439 healing from the Protectors glyph. Which breaks down into roughly 3 Divine Lights, 5 if none of them crit.

Even I used DP only as many times as you with only 72000 mana gain, I still had almost 400k extra healing from the Protectors glyph, that you did not have, meaning you had to expend extra mana to make up for it. I'm not saying that the glyph is bad, I'm just saying that you have better options.

02/27/2013 02:32 AMPosted by Zokura
but instead of doing excessive healing to compensate for a %50 reduction, now you can go about your healing as usual, and will be less hurt by doing so.

There is no reason to do excessive healing while your DP buff is active. Pre roll a few EFs, sac your tanks and wait for it to wear off. There is no reason that you can't wait it out, and if there is you have to option of casting that emergency heal.

3) For the love of all things Holy and some that aren't do NOT Eternal Flame blanket. It is an absolute waste of time, and will sure, pad your numbers, but will do nothing in the means of actually helping your fellow healer(s). You should only EVER be casting Eternal Flame or Light of Dawn at three Holy Power. EVER. If you don't have three holy power? You shouldn't be casting either of those spells. Period. Eternal Flame blanketing is a tactic used by people who enjoy being number one on charts, not those interested in keeping their fellow raiders alive.

This is a wrong stance to take. EF blanketing is not about padding meters, its about anticipating damage and using your mastery to its full benefit. And during times of low incoming damage it is absolutely okay for you to cast a 1-2 EF on members who have taken minor dmg and a smaller HoT suits better than a bigger HoT.

Besides, I've found that if you use your cooldowns regularly, you're not going to have them available for certain mechanics.

You are wrong on so many accounts here. If you know your fights, you will know exactly when to use your cooldowns and when to hold onto them. Not utilizing your cooldowns is a waste of perfectly acceptable HPS.
Edited by Ceresc on 2/27/2013 8:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ceresc, you bring up allot of good points (and personally have me considering dropping my DP glyph, which i am in love with). i am curious as to why you chose the int and 6k/2% mana over the spirit/crit or int/crit meta gem
Edited by Jarshie on 2/27/2013 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
His DP mana gains were low because he didn't use it a third time.

PotI is usually worth it if you are using EF, which you should on this fight because it has DoTs on players. AW though, that one is trash.

Issues I see in the final attempt/kill.
-Light's Hammer, shouldn't you be using this >100k heal on 6 players, 0 mana cost heal... more often. I know P1/P2 are kinda a joke but better to use this then to spend HP/mana healing people when it'll be back up multiple times before P3.
-Auto-Melee for mana. The fight allows for it so do it.
-AW/DF... if you use them in the first minute they'll be back up before You+Priest HPS needs be over 50k combined.
-HS usage could be a little better, 50 shocks in 6:43 is... 8 second average CD. If you had 4pc that would/could change drastically.

Honestly your overheal is low, and the rotation is overall fine, so I think the key is that you don't outgear the protector fight. Either that or the Holy Radiances you casted weren't on enough stacked players. Let's be honest here, 2 healing elite protectors in sub-MSV average ilvl gear (486) isn't supposed to be a joke. Next time, do yourself a favor and get the disc priest to be 80% of time spent as attonement for the first 3-4 minutes of the fight so you can have one less debuff going into phase 3. Next time, buy the Dominance offense belt (+30 ilvls) before valor upgrading the shield (+8 ilvls).

I haven't looked at will, but that is 90% tank healing + gas bloat phase if people do it right. The only possible reason for running oom on normal there is people failing at mechanics (person who aims the str being bad, rages not being killed/cc'ed, players failing to dance).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ty guys for looking over the logs I really appreciate it. I finally got around to making a weak aura for holy shock cooldown (i used to have it in cata just been REALLY lazy about making a new one since powa doesnt work for me anymore). Also I always thought that i should be waiting for 3 point EFs hmm but Ill definitely try the 1-2 point blanketing tonight. Do the ticks of EF proc DP btw?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
ceresc, you bring up allot of good points (and personally have me considering dropping my DP glyph, which i am in love with). i am curious as to why you chose the int and 6k/2% mana over the spirit/crit or int/crit meta gem

When I first started gemming, I went with Int hybrids for whatever socket I needed the bonus for, as spirit was not an issue for me throughout normals and even the first few Heroics. It wasn't until I started working on the heroics deeper in that I felt the need to gem for more spirit. Atm, I've been only gradually replacing gems as I felt I needed, and still prefer stronger heals over the ability to cast more heals. Essentially, its a playstyle choice for me. I didn't choose the int/crit meta as I felt I had sufficient crit to suit my playstyle.

02/27/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Pitkanen
His DP mana gains were low because he didn't use it a third time.

The fight does get pretty hectic there at the end, pretty understandable especially when you are working with a casted DP.

02/27/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Dordrey
Do the ticks of EF proc DP btw?

No. However, do keep in mind that the chance for you to proc increases directly with the number of HoPo you have, up to 3 HoPo. 1-2 EF casts should be used wisely.
Edited by Ceresc on 2/27/2013 3:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]