[H] Prot Paladin LF Permanent Spot in TK Raid

90 Tauren Paladin
Currently we have several raid groups within Fail Squad, one of which we just started recently and do 5.0 Heroics and I co-tank for. The rest of our raid groups have permacamped tank spots (very good tanks, so it makes sense) OR are on nights it's really hard for me to make (Mondays) on a dependable regular schedule. Before I go any further, let me make it clear I'm not looking to leave my guild and my Saturday nights are taken with our FS 5.0 Heroic raid group.

Given the above, I'm scouting the 'Hoof playing field for a permanent tanking spot in a Thunder King raid group that has plans to eventually head into Heroic Thunder King. 10-man or 25-man doesn't matter to me.

Now you know what I want, here's a bit of what I expect you will want to know:

-I've been raiding since you were in diapers and I know everything you don't (Translation: Started playing MMO's in '99, have serious high end raid experience during about a quarter of that time period. Everquest and WoW. I'm NOT a big deal like Ron Burgundy, just saying I have experience.)

-Super sexy chat voice, but I will not steal your ladies, just your eargasms (Translation: I have a voice that won't annoy you in chat, and I regularly use Mumble and Vent)

-I want to tank all the things (Translation: I don't want to dps or heal. Just tank. However, I understand certain encounters call for certain things. I'm fine with being an off-tank or having to dps on fights where only one tank is needed.)

-I have the will and desire to push through new content. Back in the old EQ days, when you attempted a boss, you didn't have websites detailing their strats. You had to spend days, nights, sometimes weeks figuring out how to kill the boss. And this was with 1-2 hour periods until the next pull. I'm all for anything similar to that experience, should we encounter it.

-My gear (as of right now, ilvl 486 equipped) isn't horrible. As far as reforging/gemming/enchanting, I use askmrrobot, but follow Theck's theorycraft mostly. I follow his control/haste gear theory.

-I've written a few guides over on Maintankadin, mostly stealing and compiling info from various places, and I look to write many more. I say this and the note above just to let you know that I keep up with the Protection Paladin focused community.

Anyways, I'll spare you more details. Please contact me here or in-game if you're interested in giving me a shot.
Edited by Protadin on 2/27/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/27/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Protadin
I have the will and desire to push through new content. Back in the old EQ days, when you attempted a boss, you didn't have websites detailing their strats. You had to spend days, nights, sometimes weeks figuring out how to kill the boss. And this was with 1-2 hour periods until the next pull. I'm all for anything similar to that experience, should we encounter it.

I miss this about EQ. It made the game so much more social when you had to chat during the downtime.

/nostalgia
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Bump. ilvl 500 now and will be even higher this week. 5/16 Heroic T14 as of Saturday and looking to push that even higher come this weekend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]