Ret Pallies on Elegon

90 Tauren Druid
Last night we were doing MSV with some new raiders. Our ret pally just started playing wow a few weeks ago and this was his first raid. I was wondering if anyone could tell me any ways he could improve his dps for tonights attempts. (Besides bracer and cloak enchant. Already fixing that.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/deathwing/Assemble/advanced - Here is his armory.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qg58yq0vg0kgq46h/details/11/?s=103&e=640
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Too much expertiese

Not enough Hit

Should be using Templar's Verdict glyph, no reason not to, its our best one for everything any other glyph is 'fine' (except Glyph of Inq or Immediate Truth, terrible glyphs)

Belt buckle and extra gem

Using Tank Ring/gloves and Agi trinket, shouldnt gem his chest Stam (hit/haste or hit/str)

Needs better inq uptime.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 2/27/2013 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Also he needs to get rid of Sanctified Wrath and switch to Divine purpose, when you can TV 6 times back to back id say thats better dps. Also he needs holy prism but in raids Id say use the AOE talent for lvl 90 which I forgot the name. The rest of his talents Id say is ok but he needs hit
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/27/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Brutalshotz
Also he needs to get rid of Sanctified Wrath and switch to Divine purpose, when you can TV 6 times back to back id say thats better dps

Opinion, all 3 talent options that teir are viable for Elegon. SW and HA have an edge though mainly for on demand burst for spark phases

Also he needs holy prism but in raids Id say use the AOE talent for lvl 90 which I forgot the name

Execution Sentence is probably the most viable talent for this fight.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 2/27/2013 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Divine purpose and holy prisim are both worst dps options for their respective tiers, and light's hammer is not for bosses. Also it likes to fall through floors on raids, especially bosses with floors that vanish like Elegon.

Assemble's ability usage looks low, autoattack shouldn't be his highest damage.
Edited by Cayse on 2/27/2013 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
At a glance: Way over expertise cap. Also, shouldn't be gemming stam at all or straight haste yet; strength-based gemming is likely best - that is Bold gems in red sockets, Fierce orange gems in yellows, and Etched purple gems in blue sockets. A simple rule of thumb for gemming that may or may not work well for him (and might get him criticized by some players - fair warning) would be to gem blue-quality items with a strength-bias and gem epics with a haste-bias (that is, Quick in yellows, Fierce oranges in red sockets, and Lightning green gems in blue sockets).

The best thing to do, though, would be for him to learn to use SimCraft to identify his own, personal stat weights as they can - and will - fluctuate wildly and seemingly at random. Has to do with weapons and L75 talent selections, but nothing concrete has been found to say "use this talent with this weapon and haste gemming, but this other talent with that other weapon needs strength gemming;" something he's just gonna have to watch, but the suggestion I made is what I did before the fluctuations and inconsistencies became a known issue. Worked well for me, but I geared up to the point where it became a non-issue pretty quickly.

His Inquisition uptime seems a little low, but if it was his first time raiding, that's easily forgivable as there's a lot of movement and stuff to pay attention to on that fight for a first timer. Should come up to better levels as he acclimates more to raiding.

Other than that, any issues he may have are probably just all that his gear isn't that great. He is using an agility trinket, though, which he should attempt to replace as soon as possible; not only is the agility proc pretty well wasted, the native crit isn't that great - especially since he hasn't reforged it at all.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Also he needs to get rid of Sanctified Wrath and switch to Divine purpose, when you can TV 6 times back to back id say thats better dps. Also he needs holy prism but in raids Id say use the AOE talent for lvl 90 which I forgot the name. The rest of his talents Id say is ok but he needs hit

Do you have enough raid experience to justify using DP or Holy Prism on this fight?

SW/HA are MUCH better options for most fights all around, especially once you feel out proper cd usage. DP is a large dps loss on this fight specifically, and pretty much all tier.

Holy Prism has little application in raids compared to ES/LH. ES is probably the best bet for Elegon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]