Forum Post Wrongfully Deleted?

90 Tauren Warrior
I need help. I posted a thread on the shadowmoon forums advertising my guild <Hit List>. Part of our motto is that we accept hits on ally characters, especially those who are notorious gankers. On this thread, I post imgur links of the evidence, along with the corresponding name on the list. I went to check the thread the other day and poof it was gone! Naturally I submitted a ticket and they were no help, so here I am wanting answers. I spent a lot of time arranging all of that information, I want answers!

Edited for politeness
Edited by Stevemash on 2/27/2013 5:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
Did you have masked profanity in that post too? Profanity, masked or otherwise, is not allowed. Also, calling out other players (such as accusing them of ganking...which isn't against any rules) is not permitted.

Edit: The blues here do not moderate outside of this forum either. You'll want to write to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com to ask, but they may not reply either.
Edited by Perl on 2/27/2013 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
The GMs have nothing to do with the forums so submitting a ticket was a waste of time. If you want to find out why a thread was moderated you need to email wowreportedpost@blizzard.com... and I suggest you be a touch more polite than you have been here if you want a response.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It is against the Forum Code of Conduct to call out other players.

http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct#harassment

Once a thread is deleted, it can never be recovered.

If your account was actioned as a result of breaking the Forum CoC, you can contest the action by emailing wowreportedpost@blizzard.com.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I need help. I posted a thread on the shadowmoon forums advertising my guild <Hit List>. Part of our motto is that we accept hits on ally characters, especially those who are notorious gankers. On this thread, I post imgur links of the evidence, along with the corresponding name on the list. I went to check the thread the other day and poof it was gone! Naturally I submitted a ticket and they were no help, so here I am wanting answers. What is that, I spent a lot of time arranging all of that information, I want answers!

Just from your description, sounds like this was reported for 'calling out' players, that is not allowed on any of our forums.

Given you are posting, it doesn't seem a sanction was applied, but you may wish to review our forums code of conduct that is posted at the top of every forum.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
So posting a list of pictures of dead characters is a nono? Or just putting their names on the thread? If both are a violation...that takes the fun out of my guild :\
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/27/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Stevemash
So posting a list of pictures of dead characters is a nono? Or just putting their names on the thread? If both are a violation...that takes the fun out of my guild :\
If the pictures show their names, then it is considered the same as posting the name itself.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Mage
02/27/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Stevemash

Yes, they are if they show the names of the players.

On the other hand if you were to create your own website for your guild then you could show the pics and names, and take requests / inform people how to contact you ingame.
Edited by Firespark on 2/27/2013 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]