Tomorrow I am leaving for America

90 Pandaren Mage
What's the first thing I should eat?
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
A burger!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
As a fellow foreigner I can say that the burger is a good place to start. I think it was my first thing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You should eat at a restraunt in the theme of the country you used to live in. It's the most American thing possible.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
Depends. If you're going to be in the New England area? Get clam chowder. Burgers are always good though.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Just not McDonalds. I don't care how good it may have been in your country.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
Also try Apple Pie
Reply Quote
If you know what city you are in when you arrive or where you will be staying I might be able to recommended some really good restaurants :>
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Barbequed ribs!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Eat some america.
Reply Quote
cafe con leche
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The most super special American food tradition. EAT ALL THE THINGS.

No really, have you seen our buffets
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
If you're going to NYC go to Brooklyn and get a real slice of Pizza. If you're not going to Chicago or NYC then don't bother flying all the way across the ocean to go the states ;)
Reply Quote
24 Gnome Mage
It would really help to know WHERE in America you're gonna be. Some of us are gonna have unique recommendations based on location.

I'm from the California Bay Area, so I would push for some Zachary's Deep Dish, or maybe a local place like a Foster's Freeze I know of, maybe a small hole-in-the-wall Mexican place.
Reply Quote
IF I recall correctly, you're Aussie?

Therefore, you have to eat at Outback Steakhouse and lie through your teeth about how LEGIT it is.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Damn have a nice flight, it's a long one! Where are you going in the States??

I'm in Australia atm, honestly the food here (Melbourne) is amazing. The only thing I could ever miss is NYC pizza, it's a different beast than a slice in most other places.

If you're doing multiple cities, definitely need try to the local favorite dishes. The USA is just too huge to generalize food recommendations.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
An all you can eat pizza buffet. It's awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Make yourself a FREEDOM sandwich with extra LIBERTY, JUSTICE,
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you're hitting the west coast, and most specifically Cali, you HAVE TO HIT UP AN IN-N-OUT.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Was in america last year.. Awesome place. If you are in downtown Chicago, go to the Gilt Bar and order their Truffle pasta.. Also give the roasted bone marrow and red onion jam a whirl. Messy, but good.

Also, I think there are some of these in a few states, Mccormick and schmick's - get the Lobster bisque.

If you find a Winberie's Restaurant and Bar.. Try the Kobe burger... Wagyū beef with truffle mayo etc etc.. good.

Just hunt around though, there is some good restaurant food in every state I went too.. Stay away from the fast food crap. Maccas there is just like Maccas here!
Edited by Datan on 2/28/2013 12:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]