Khadgar Tier 15 Progression

(Sticky)

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Seriously Casual has downed Tortos. Turtle Power!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
FTA25 Downs Tortos. Some gooooooooood turtle soup for everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Fallen 10 man downed Jin'rokh tonight!
Reply Quote
Seriously Casual has downed Megaera 10 man.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Primordius and Dark Animus down.
Reply Quote
Seriously Casual has downed Ji-Kun 10 man.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Iron-Qon and Twin Consorts dead.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Tortos down (10m)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
FTA25 downs Megaera
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
heroic horridon dead
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Megaera down (10m)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Lei Shen dead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Ji-kun dead on 10m
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Ji-kun dead on 10m

Grats, but this brings up a problem.

If your kill is posted on the progression chart, then it will read:

1. <A> Challenge Accepted (12)
2. <A> Visceral (12)
3. <A> Seriously Casual (6)
4. <A> From the Ashes-10 (6)
5. <A> From the Ashes-25 (5)
6. <H> Remnant (4)

You'll be on it twice. I don't think that's a good thing.

Solutions:

1) Guilds will have to choose whether 10 or 25 is what they want listed. If they choose 25, 10 man kills should not count toward their kills.

2) Take the versions out of the chart altogether and not care what the version is. So "25" would be removed from the guilds, like there is currently not "10" next to 10 man guilds.

Personally, I like option 2. It is most in-line with Blizzard's stance that 10 and 25 are equal. There is no reason to have what version of the boss that was killed. That said, option 1 is a decent compromise for guilds that would like to have 25 listed for recruitment purposes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/28/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Aerona
Ji-kun dead on 10m

Grats, but this brings up a problem.

If your kill is posted on the progression chart, then it will read:

1. <A> Challenge Accepted (12)
2. <A> Visceral (12)
3. <A> Seriously Casual (6)
4. <A> From the Ashes-10 (6)
5. <A> From the Ashes-25 (5)
6. <H> Remnant (4)

You'll be on it twice. I don't think that's a good thing.

Solutions:

1) Guilds will have to choose whether 10 or 25 is what they want listed. If they choose 25, 10 man kills should not count toward their kills.

2) Take the versions out of the chart altogether and not care what the version is. So "25" would be removed from the guilds, like there is currently not "10" next to 10 man guilds.

Personally, I like option 2. It is most in-line with Blizzard's stance that 10 and 25 are equal. There is no reason to have what version of the boss that was killed. That said, option 1 is a decent compromise for guilds that would like to have 25 listed for recruitment purposes.

It wasn't a problem in Tier 14, so it's not really a problem now. Maybe if you had the people to do 25s, and when its not normal raid time, you'd have the people to drop down and 10 folks could do 10 man with 9 other guildies on their own time. So, I fail to see how its a problem, unless you're some 10 man guild without the membership counts to do such things. A kill is a kill, count it and don't wine about it unless are we questioning the legitimacy of 10 man raid kills?

Again, about a month ago most of you were very much fine with how Edynn was handling it, but now you have a complaint? Well isn't that just special? And in fact with the system in place, 10 man...didn't kill the the other 5 bosses in 10 man, so they would only have a 10 man kill mark, for that 1 boss, not the 5 prior that they killed in a 25 man group. Just in case, i'll write it out for you, it would technically read:

4. <A> From the Ashes-25 (5)
5. <A> From the Ashes-10 (1)

To the comment that guilds would be on there twice, how is this even an issue? Let us see, last tier...we had 2 SGI groups and 2 CA groups posting? It's nice to see Tommy Boy here has a good memory of past tier threads. Tommy like wingy!

http://bit.ly/YIkqxn
Edited by Maverickiv on 3/29/2013 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Man, everything turns into an argument around here. We'll just stop posting 10-man if everyone agrees to get along.

Also, 25 and 10 aren't balanced. Some fights are easier on 10, some on 25. As probably one of the very few people on this server that has done almost all of them on both, I can actually say that.

That being said, Ji'Kun is one that is 50x easier on 10.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
You need to relax. Keep the discussion civil or there will not be one at all. Don't get mad for no reason.

It wasn't a problem in Tier 14, so it's not really a problem now. Maybe if you had the people to do 25s, and when its not normal raid time, you'd have the people to drop down and 10 folks could do 10 man with 9 other guildies on their own time. So, I fail to see how its a problem, unless you're some 10 man guild without the membership counts to do such things. A kill is a kill, count it and don't wine about it unless are we questioning the legitimacy of 10 man raid kills?

I agree. A kill is a kill, and the difficulties are seen as equal. So they should be listed together under the same Guild Name like I suggested as "Option 2". Just scrap the size denomination entirely and have all kills be under the same guild.

I'm glad we agree.

Again, about a month ago most of you were very much fine with how Edynn was handling it, but now you have a complaint? Well isn't that just special?

I don't know what "most" I am a part of, but I fail to see how that's relevant. In any case, I am happy with the way Edynn is running things but if I think something can be improved upon I will voice my concerns, as should anyone as long as they can communicate their points in a way that is constructive and comprehensible.

And in fact with the system in place, 10 man...didn't kill the the other 5 bosses in 10 man, so they would only have a 10 man kill mark, for that 1 boss, not the 5 prior that they killed in a 25 man group. Just in case, i'll write it out for you, it would technically read:

4. <A> From the Ashes-25 (5)
5. <A> From the Ashes-10 (1)

Actually, it would read with From the Ashes-10 being far below rank 5 because there are several other 10 man groups that have multiple kills. You do bring up a good point, however, in that it will be difficult to determine exactly how a kill is weighted if it is out of order. Better to go with what you said above: a kill is a kill, both are equally legitimate, and should be added under the same guild. The 10/25 identifier should be dropped.

To the comment that guilds would be on there twice, how is this even an issue? Let us see, last tier...we had 2 SGI groups and 2 CA groups posting? It's nice to see Tommy Boy here has a good memory of past tier threads. Tommy like wingy!

Visceral started raiding last tier about a third of the way through--we didn't even decide to raid until several weeks into the expansion. It would have been bad taste to voice concerns when the list was already comfortably established. A new raid tier, with a new porgression thread, is a good time to raise such concerns, not half way through.

To be clear: it's an issue because it will push other guilds lower down the list without actually losing any ranking whatsoever, and it also causes unnecessary clutter. As you said, a kill is a kill.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Can't we all just stick to what this thread is about, it's about progression. It's not a !@#$% fest where we can talk crap to each other. We're here to build a better khadgar. They were suggestions that were brought up by Aerona, they were not meant to be insults to FTA. I have raided with both of you, lets just chill. 10 man and 25 man side by side to defend the world from the evils of Azeroth. Let's just be happy and have playing. Challenge Accepted decided to accept the challenge and is one of the best raid teams. Visceral we're a chill laid back team that just enjoys raiding and making lame jokes together. From the ashes decided to do that and rise from the ashes and make a 25 man raid team on a realm that is losing ppl. Lets just support each other and make this a realm worth being on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]