Kosak interview - LFR delay "a couple weeks"?

There is a schedule for Raid Finder and I don't remember the schedule for Raid Finder and I don't know if we have posted it yet, but you would anticipate that the Raid Finder is broken up into four segments, I think three bosses each.

I think it's the first three bosses open up a couple of weeks after the patch launches and then every couple of weeks we will open up another wing for Raid Finder.

http://www.vanion.eu/news/3961

He notes that he doesn't remember, and that's just what he thinks is happening. Was he right? The 'Raid Schedule' part of us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8713870 is still marked 'coming soon'.

I'd expected the first wing to be delayed a week, if it's multiple then may have to buy another upgrade or two with valor now to avoid that cap.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm very interested in this too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'd be annoyed because I don't have a populated guild and use LFR and want to see 5.2 content asap, but lets just be honest about the fact that Normal and Heroic people don't want to feel forced to LFR with us and would rather focus on bosses that challenge them.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Bruze
I'd be annoyed because I don't have a populated guild and use LFR and want to see 5.2 content asap, but lets just be honest about the fact that Normal and Heroic people don't want to feel forced to LFR with us and would rather focus on bosses that challenge them.

How does LFR being open force Normal and Heroic raiders into it?

The current Normal gear is better than the new LFR if it's been upgraded (which by this point quite a bit of it will have been), and Heroic gear's better without upgrades.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

After 4 months of 'I'm forced to do dailies!!!!!!', you ask this with a straight face?

...granted, I'm not sure what the answer is either, but rest assured someone will come along and inform us. It's easier to just assume that everything is mandatory now for....some reason or another.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/01/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Xanzül

The current Normal gear is better than the new LFR if it's been upgraded (which by this point quite a bit of it will have been), and Heroic gear's better without upgrades.

Didn't you know? If it is in game you have to do it.

to be fair they have a point... to be competitive you have to do every thing you can to be top notch.

Yes it's there option to be that competitive but that doesn't mean they have no right to ask that some things change.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We'll be announcing the raid schedule for you guys shortly before the patch goes live.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/01/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Crithto
We'll be announcing the raid schedule for you guys shortly before the patch goes live.

sweet
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Does that hopefully mean Monday? Some people doubting it's March 5th but I'm hoping it is. Please give us some confirmation already.
Reply Quote
for the love of god rethink about not adding anymore 5 man content this LFR and current heroics are horrible and I have no urge to deal with challenge modes for pretty armor.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I would rather NOT have to wait 2 weeks to face 3 bosses, and then then have to wait 3 more weeks to see the entire dungeon. Maybe that's me though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I figure my guildies--all about 8 of them, sigh...--will be organizing and/or joining a raid within the first week. So I'll join in, to leech off of their success. And spend most of the raid cowering. :-)

Just to join in on the first boss kill. Because, dagnabbit, I want to get to Friendly with the SPA in the first week or two. And get access to at least THREE pieces of 522 gear.

I may end up doing LFR for weeks afterwards, just to grind their rep (and maybe get some gear upgrades...). I'll definitely be doing 5.0/5.1 LFR afterwards, once the drop rates for sha-touched weapons and wisdom/power tokens is increased. (Sigh. Then the next quest on the Black Prince quest chain...)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

In all fairness, unless there has been a change of plans (possible) I would definitely consider it to already be "shortly before the patch."
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Monopaly

current normal gear 489/496
LFR Throne of Thunder gear 502.

I said 'if it's been upgraded'. 496 gear upgrades to 504.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
More people do lfr then any other type of raiding. Why is it that the people that do lfr would have to wait?

Why is time being spent on a heroic only boss and a "heroic" world boss? There's time to do that but not time to do new five mans?
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Druid
03/01/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Tajit
I'd expected the first wing to be delayed a week, if it's multiple then may have to buy another upgrade or two with valor now to avoid that cap.

You won't be able to spend your valor on new stuff right away anyway, it's gated through reputation (again).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
03/01/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Tajit
I said 'if it's been upgraded'. 496 gear upgrades to 504.

You're not taking into account itemization, that can make the difference between a 502 and a 504 item.

Also, tier set and trinkets.

Plus, even as a HM Raider, I'll still have to run LFR for a while since Rings hated me this tier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]