Is Diffuse Magic broken Live?

90 Night Elf Hunter
Was testing with a mage frient, he rooted me and cast Frost Bomb, I popped Diffuse Magic and he was within 10 yards of me - the frost bomb went back to him, hit him for 80k but his HP popped right back up after. I asked a GM but the GM seemed confused and could not figure it out either?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
it doesnt to me.

I mean, when I get slows or stuns on me, I use diffuse magic and they cleanse it, cant speak for the damage side.

I'm actually curious about this too, is it even suppose to reverse damage?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
Yes it is supposed to reverse the damage. I always love reflecting frost bomb back at the mage and seeing his health drop by half. As far as him getting healed back up? Never seen it before. Did the mage check his combat logs?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
He prolly cold snapped or something w/ whatever glyph that makes it heal you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think it's called Alter Time... It's a Mage thing Working as Intended, not a Monk bug.
Reply Quote
It's a bug with reflected spells.
They do fake damage, basically.

It hits them, and their bar moves, but they don't really lose the HP.
The next time they get hit they'll pop back up to where they were.

It's pretty sucky. :/

It's extremely easy to replicate with frost bomb, or maybe just all spells.
Edited by Punched on 2/22/2013 12:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Try telling that to any lock who has had CB reflected. The damage is NOT fake. Alter Time on the Mage would undo any damage taken - such as the reflected Frost Bomb - within its duration.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk

Try telling that to any lock who has had CB reflected. The damage is NOT fake. Alter Time on the Mage would undo any damage taken - such as the reflected Frost Bomb - within its duration.

Chaos bolt's damage only gets reflected from ToK, which isn't an issue here. Diffuse Magic only reflects DOTs, so chaos bolt isn't affected by that.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
edit: I just tested this with a mage, he casted frost bomb, I reflected with diffuse magic after it went off and he took his some odd 30% damage I hit him with jab and he went straight back to 100% immediately.
Edited by Pennyling on 2/22/2013 1:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

It's not alter time, I promise.
I'm not that stupid.

It's a bug with spell reflected spells and, at the very least, mage bombs.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
02/22/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Punched

It's not alter time, I promise.
I'm not that stupid.

It's a bug with spell reflected spells and, at the very least, mage bombs.

I'm gonna try to find a warlock to test it with using curse of doom.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
Ok, so I tested it with Living Bomb, Frost Bomb, Spriest DOTs, and warlock DOTs. I had forgotten that Diffuse magic doesnt work with curses, so nix on that curse of doom.

When I reversed the Spriest and warlock DOTs, everything worked as intended, they took damage none of it was healed.

however, as has been mentioned by Punched and the OP when you do that with frost bomb, it will instantly heal them back to their previous health as if they never had it on them.

The interesting bit is Living Bomb. When I reversed this one instantly the DOT ticked him down to about 90%, and then exploded to 70% health. I smacked the mage once, and it brought him back to 90%. So it appears to be a bug with the detonation of those 2 bombs. I haven't tried it with the arcane bomb, but I would assume since it has no detonation it wouldn't be healed at all.
Edited by Pennyling on 2/22/2013 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]