QoL for Inquisition in PVP

90 Draenei Paladin
I've noticed a trend among melee classes to reduce the ramp-up time at the start of a battle. Given the amount of defensive utility and means of escape that are now the norm for ranged classes, it only makes sense that melee would need to be more streamlined to make those precious few seconds of uptime count before the kiting begins once more.

I think Frost DKs got the first treatment with the implementation of Outbreak and then having their blood runes permanently converted into death runes. Afterall, who wants to waste precious uptime on a piddly Blood Strike before you can get a death rune? Just get straight to the point and bring on more Obliterates and Howling Blasts.

Somewhere around this time we also started to see more and more snares become auto-applied instead of requiring an additional GCD.

We have since seen Ferals recieve a Glyph to cast Savage Roar with no combo points, Rogues being able to add combo points to a target prior to combat with Premeditation, Rend removed from the game so Warriors don't have to waste the GCD to inflict their bleed, and now Unholy DKs are having Plague Strike inflict Frost Fever in addition to Blood Plague as well as having the runic cost of Gargoyle removed altogether.

Starting a battle short of 30% Holy damage and 10% crit seems a little more detrimental than what preceeded any of the above quality-of-life changes. It seems Retribution is being left behind as the expected efficiency of a melee class is being raised.

The worst part is that Ret has actually been in this position before when there were multiple Judgements on a shared 8 second cooldown. The first 8 seconds of any battle were lost because that first Judgement did not deal any damage, but instead applied a debuff to increase Holy damage to the target.

We found out in BC that starting a battle 8 seconds behind the curve is not effective. I'm not sure why they decided to put us right back into the same spot by having to build up for Inquisition.

I would like to see Rets given some form of assistance with getting Inquisiton up at the start of a fight and when it falls off during CC.

*Edited to clarify PVP focus.
Edited by Calcifix on 2/22/2013 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Judgment to get sprint>exo>CS>inq. the first melee swing on most fights you're already 3HP in and ready to put up Inq and blow your load into the boss. My average Inq% uptime if always having uptime on something is 99%+. You're forgetting our Inq is a 3"combo point" finisher while ferals and rogue get their max duration buff at 5combo points, allowing them to have a some what "easier" way to get their buff rolling is fine.

The only thing they could do to Inq to improve it is, when I have it up, my hair glows gold and a lightning aura is around me. if you get that, highfive, yo
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/21/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Thermadin
The only thing they could do to Inq to improve it is, when I have it up, my hair glows gold and a lightning aura is around me. if you get that, highfive, yo

Nah they need to make it so we can levitate.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 05:30 AMPosted by Aglaea

Nah they need to make it so we can levitate.

When Inquisition is active, your character will emanate the with the Light of Dawn, blinding raid members within 10 yards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]