WoW launcher not working

90 Night Elf Warrior
Hi, been trying to open the game since yesterday, but everytime i do it just gets stuck in "Updating blizzard launcher" and been like that for over two hours. I've had that thing appear before but it has never taken this long. Tried changing the setting to "run as administrator" and deleting the "Battle.net" file from program data, neither worked... any other ideas as to what's wrong would be welcome, thanks.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
same thing happening tome , they didnt awnser me either...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Kyphaz

Lets make sure that the Windows Secondary Logon service is enabled: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/enabling-windows-secondary-logon-service?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
90 Night Elf Warrior
Well... did what it said, changing the secondary logon from manual to automatic... nothing changed...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
u guys are lucky i have been stuck in it for 15 hours any ideas D:
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
u guys are lucky i have been stuck in it for 15 hours any ideas D:
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Kyphaz

1. Make sure that your version of Flash is up to date.

Here's a link where that can be downloaded: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

***Don't download the McAfee Security Scan Plus***

2. If that doesn't help, another program may be interfering. Try running a selective startup to get around this. Please be aware that running while in this mode can potentially disable any security programs you may have running.

Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and press the letter 'R'. In the Run field type "msconfig" and hit Enter.
In the General tab:

1. Choose Selective Startup
2. Disable (uncheck) Load startup items
3. Click OK and Reboot

To undo selective startup, just recheck Load startup items.
85 Tauren Death Knight
i have been trying to log in since september and nothing is happening. i try downlaoding but it keeps saying that files are corrupted and to downlaod again. it continues to display the same message and frankly im getting pised off. i paid for a new disk for MoP and a time card thinking it would install but it refuses to install saying "ERROR the file C:\Program files (x86)World of Warcraft\updates\wow-0-16357-win-final.MPQ appears to be corrupt you may need to download again." so I continure to re download and it keeps popping up. now i been trying for moths and have had no success and i have been spending money on timcards. i need tech suport to fix it but there is no answer
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Noin

Please start your own thread so that we can assist you individually.
90 Night Elf Druid
right click, open file location, use the other one. launcher is down for me as well!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
open your wow location. instead of using the launcher, use wow.exe instead. launcher is broke for me as well for the last day now. and when it does load now, i am getting 2 fps. and no, it is not my machine or my 50 meg internet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I was in an "updating Launcher" loop for hours myself.

Remembered an old fix. I killed the "Agent.exe *32" process in task manager which seems to interrupt the loop I was in.

It's something to try.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just started happening to me now

anyone else getting this with 5.2?
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Priest
Just started happening to me now

anyone else getting this with 5.2?

Rulong, see this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8088619764?page=2

Thanks to Pantophobia, their answer solved my issues:

Deleting my WTF folder seems to fix the issue for me, but do I really want to re-setup everything? Ugh.

Edit: Apparently just the Config.wtf file needs to be removed.
Edited by Karathråce on 3/5/2013 7:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]