Ret: Missing a button? Doing it wrong?

89 Tauren Paladin
Been leveling as Ret and doing above average pug DPS in LFG using a simple priority system, but sometimes I feel like I am missing a button. For example, exorcism is on cooldown, I have 0 Holy Power, hit Judgement and Crusader Strike.... and....

I have 2 holy power and my three primary ability are on cooldown... so I am sitting there just auto attacking for 4-6 seconds waiting for something to come up. What am I doing wrong here?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Nothing.. that's really just how ret is until you have a pretty good amount of haste.

Divine purpose and/or holy prism can go a long way to making it feel more fluid, but there's always gaps.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Paladin
I have been dumping any stats (after hit/exper cap) into mastery > crit > haste. Should I swap crit for haste?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Like Cayse said. There are going to be gaps where you can do nothing but wait. I find it annoying. Even tossing a heal without selfless healer will lower your dps, buuuutt.. Dont worry about that for LFG unless you are pulling less then the healer(s).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Archia
I have been dumping any stats (after hit/exper cap) into mastery > crit > haste. Should I swap crit for haste?

New stat priority as of Panadaland.

Hit>Exp>Haste>Mastery>Crit.

Just focus on the first two until having an item level of 470 and save your gold.

After item level 480 str/haste gems + socket bonus start to take priority over pure Strength, or so I read. I cant confirm for myself though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You might want to read the sticky, as well. Lots of answers to lots of questions in that there sticky.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
In addition to changing up your secondary stat priority, think of the gap as a chance to evaluate how your group is doing and throw out what you can to help - Hands, Selfless Healer FoL procs, that sort of thing. It's a good habit to get into.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Every time you're doing nothing for longer than one GCD you take a drink.

It doesn't fix the gaps, but you care less and less about it.

I'm just awful at ret, but after about 10 minutes it doesn't bother me anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Typically, I'll throw a sacred shield at that time. It may not do anything for stretches of time, but every little bit adds up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/23/2013 03:47 AMPosted by Kyner
Typically, I'll throw a sacred shield at that time. It may not do anything for stretches of time, but every little bit adds up.

Same. I keep the off-tank>tank on focus and have Sacred shield and Hand of Sacrifice macro'd
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]