90 Human Warrior
Dat cap. Wonder what GC will have in store for us tomorrow
90 Orc Warrior
Probably not a lot because it's Saturday. :P

We'll see though.
90 Worgen Warrior
02/22/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Executus
Dat cap. Wonder what GC will have in store for us tomorrow

You know what I got in store for him if him if we get the 25% nerf and no buffs to go with it? I'm going to scoop up some doggy doo and light it on fire and catapult it at him! YEAH THAT'S RIGHT A BIG BAG OF FLAMING STINKY DOGGY DOO!

Also... Monday PTR testing we're going to have some spots for the later 3! And by have some spots I mean have about 15-20 spots open before we tag along someone else's guild. FEEL FREE TO JOIN US ^_^ We got way to many lazy turds int he guild.
Edited by Ranikotar on 2/23/2013 12:05 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
02/23/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Ranikotar
You know what I got in store for him if him if we get the 25% nerf and no buffs to go with it? I'm going to scoop up some doggy doo and light it on fire and catapult it at him! YEAH THAT'S RIGHT A BIG BAG OF FLAMING STINKY DOGGY DOO!

You might wanna lock in the correct trajectory for your catapult now...also, be sure to account for the wind!
90 Orc Warrior
02/23/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Ranikotar

The notes did say that they were going to test nerfing the legendary meta gem first before nerfing execute. So don't get too riled up just yet.
90 Orc Warrior
They did say that. Then they nerfed execute. Either they tested it phenomenally fast(also, how friggin hard is it to test damage that's 100% passive) or they decided they didn't want anyone else standing in fire's limelight next patch. Extremely rough napkin math on a patchwerk fight like H feng puts the execute nerf at a 4.5% dps loss for SMF fury in gear near the current BiS. That'll be felt even more on fights like elegon or wind lord.
90 Orc Warrior
He said it could change tomorrow. So I'm expecting (perhaps naively) to see this nerf rolled back, or perhaps removed entirely tomorrow with changes to the meta. The nerf as stated today doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
90 Worgen Warrior
Well I just figured out what profession my monk should have! I SHALL BE A Transmute master alchemist! Now I hope I don't completely forget within the next 24 hours...
90 Pandaren Warrior
Yeahhhhhh warrior nerfs.
90 Human Warrior
Shale we push for Shield Requirements being removed then? <.<
90 Pandaren Warrior
LFR is open on the PTR this weekend, I think I'll go give it a shot.
90 Undead Priest
I see Secondwind has been left trembling in a corner.

Good.

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you ;)

<3 SW

But yeah, you know warriors got overnerfed when Sanctified is lobbying for a reversal. I mean seriously, what more data does GC need than that?
90 Orc Warrior
Is it bad that I have a seething hatred for everybody who thinks fury performs terribly outside of execute?

It's these people who want it nerfed because they think that's the reason they suck at their class.
90 Human Warrior
Wow a 25% nerf to Execute. Devs are clueless.
90 Undead Priest
Is it bad that I have a seething hatred for everybody who thinks fury performs terribly outside of execute?

It's these people who want it nerfed because they think that's the reason they suck at their class.

*chuckles* Not so bad of you, no. A 25% nerf will get anyone antsy

So, I've noticed a phenomenon within my guild and I am curious if others have seen it as well. I have several people within my guild that did hardmodes in T12, and as a result consider themselves HM raiders. These people have a tendency to get super pissy if we ever get roadblocked by some sort of "gateway" boss (Such as Elegon, Garalon). Mechanics fights have rarely given us much pause, it has only ever been the DPS race fights.

Problem is, these people are also DPS'ers. I keep hearing references to how we "sucked it up" this tier, when if it hadn't been for a major roster shift near the end, we would have easily cleared Normals and done a few hard modes prior to 5.2. We just had a late start and had a super inconsistent roster for the first month of raids. Quite literally, changing out 1-3 people every week.

So I see all of this emo stuff, and comments about how "5.2 better be different" and "we better not get stuck on normals again," yet when I peruse WoL I see mechanic failures across the board. These same people once got slaughtered by Attenuation, or soaked up too much damage from the Amber in Wind Lord. Things of that nature.

I'm curious if anyone else here had people with similar attitudes while they progressed through *normal* modes (I know for a lot of you that this is going back quite a ways). My feelings on this tier, is that the mechanics were super easy to understand... but the numbers were tuned tighter than past normal modes. So yeah, the mechanic is easy to do but if you flubb it it is harder to recover unless you completely outgeared it.

Discuss.
90 Pandaren Warrior
"25% on execute is not that bad compared to the arcane nerfs" said, some mage in my guild.
Edited by Smallviille on 2/23/2013 2:16 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
02/23/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Smallviille
"25% on execute is not that bad compared to the arcane nerfs" said, some mage in my guild.

It's not? Arcane got hit pretty hard with nerfs. Yes, Arcane Charges do more damage per stack (and cost more per stack as well), but Arcane's main abilities all got around a 20% nerf (Blast got a 22% nerf + about a 10% mana cost inc; Barrage got a 13.6%; Missiles got the same 22.2% nerf as Blast) and they can't Scorch weave anymore.

That's also just what I saw from the actual patch notes, not the more recent changes from the PTR thread. I think they got some additional nerfs as well pretty recently. I think Blast and Missiles are closer to a 24% nerf now.

So yeah, compare a 25% nerf that ends up being about a 4.5% nerf for SMF and a bit less for TG/Arms to (before the change to Arcane Charges is implemented, not even sure how to do that because I know jack about mages) a 24~% nerf to about 75% of an Arcane mage's damage. Yeah, it's a little worse for mages.

Yes, I am likely oversimplifying and missing something, but Arcane is getting a rather large nerf.
Edited by Samayael on 2/23/2013 2:59 PM PST
90 Pandaren Warrior
Well y'all made the 25% to execute out to be a big deal.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]