@Day Warrior Daily Life[Off-Topic]

90 Orc Warrior
4.5% DPS is a pretty big deal still?
90 Worgen Warrior
It's not THAT big of a deal. With heroic gear (a lot more crit) and the legendary gem we'll likely be in a better spot than we are now. It's nothing like say the 13% nerf Fury received going into Dragon Soul.
Edited by Bladeletters on 2/23/2013 3:55 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
Well, no, it's nowhere near that, but it's still a decent nerf.
90 Orc Warrior
The execute nerf hurts SMF the most, I can see, but who is next? I know arms' execute mechanic doesn't just revolve around the execute ability itself, but TG's executes are already just not as much of a big deal.
100 Human Warrior
02/23/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Bladeletters
It's not THAT big of a deal. With heroic gear (a lot more crit) and the legendary gem we'll likely be in a better spot than we are now. It's nothing like say the 13% nerf Fury received going into Dragon Soul.

That's my problem though. We are inferior during progression when it matters the most.
100 Human Warrior
Out of sheer boredom I tanked a dungeon on my 80 Paladin. Wow it's easy, but incredibly boring. Tanking without Charge/Heroic Leap etc. just seems...slow. I felt like I was just sitting around waiting for stuff to pop off CD. Then again I hadn't touched that toon in about 3 years.
90 Human Warrior
02/23/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Arterius
That's my problem though. We are inferior during progression when it matters the most.

HA, no.

Warriors are still fine in their pre 80% damage (higher then other melee most of the time) and they are still fairly high before they even get an execute in, execute pushes us over in the final 20% of the fight giving us an edge so to speak of high damage throughput the whole fight but when execute hits it's game over man game over.

Although given that you need to know how to manage rage and rotation properly as fury to even have a shot at playing it properly.
90 Orc Warrior
Our damage is fine before 20%. Yes, a lot of our damage is backloaded with Execute, but we're fine before that. Manage that rage for CS periods and you're fine.

I used to have a problem with Execute, but not anymore. /shrug
1 Tauren Shaman
02/23/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Arterius
Out of sheer boredom I tanked a dungeon on my 80 Paladin. Wow it's easy, but incredibly boring. Tanking without Charge/Heroic Leap etc. just seems...slow. I felt like I was just sitting around waiting for stuff to pop off CD. Then again I hadn't touched that toon in about 3 years.
You should be fairly GCD capped as a Prot Pally.

My quibble with Prot Pally tanking is that it has a significantly lower skillcap even compared to Prot War (which has too low of a skillcap in my opinion). Literally almost EVERY damage intake scenario is handled with ShoR; it's simply too strong. On the other hand, WoG without the overheal bubble is sometimes too iffy and simply not strong enough as ShoR to any physical damage.

At least as a Warrior, you are forced to use some rage on Barrier. The skill comes with figuring out how much, and when. As a Pally it's just a matter of timing ShoR (and we are already timing Block/Barrier).
90 Orc Warrior
Is it a bug or intended for Raging Blow to not be able to hit with your main hand weapon with a shield on?

It's probably intended though, I'm going to suggest changing it on the PTR forums.
90 Undead Priest
Nice mog Sam :o

Thor it sounds intentional, but I agree that it would be better to allow a shield.
100 Orc Warrior
Coined a heroic sword off Sha tonight, but now I really want to go arms, first world problems I guess.

Don't really have the PR nor would I take the axe off our pallies, so I guess I'll just camp my VP until patch and upgrade my sword last minute if needed, maybe I'll roll an axe.
90 Orc Warrior
Is it a bug or intended for Raging Blow to not be able to hit with your main hand weapon with a shield on?

It's probably intended though, I'm going to suggest changing it on the PTR forums.

"A mighty blow that deals 190% weapon damage from both melee weapons."

It can't work if you don't have two.
90 Pandaren Warrior
"A mighty blow that deals 190% weapon damage from both melee weapons."

It can't work if you don't have two.
100 Human Warrior
02/24/2013 01:44 AMPosted by Kangamooster
You should be fairly GCD capped as a Prot Pally.

My quibble with Prot Pally tanking is that it has a significantly lower skillcap even compared to Prot War (which has too low of a skillcap in my opinion). Literally almost EVERY damage intake scenario is handled with ShoR; it's simply too strong. On the other hand, WoG without the overheal bubble is sometimes too iffy and simply not strong enough as ShoR to any physical damage.

At least as a Warrior, you are forced to use some rage on Barrier. The skill comes with figuring out how much, and when. As a Pally it's just a matter of timing ShoR (and we are already timing Block/Barrier).

Yeah like I said I hadn't touched that toon in close to three years. I actually wanted to heal but found I had no healing gear on her, just DPS and Tank.

And yeah there is no resource management at all tanking on a Pally. It really is EZ Mode tanking. I do like that you can throw out WoG on fellow party members to help out with healing though, nice utility there I guess.
100 Pandaren Warrior
Secondwind man, I don't know where you find these ret paladins, but man...

I'm at a loss of words for it.

For the sake of context, there's a ret paladin complaining in the big PTR discussion thread about how Warriors heal more than ret paladins with Victory Rush, than WoG.
Edited by Curoar on 2/24/2013 11:51 AM PST
100 Pandaren Warrior
02/24/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Curoar
For the sake of context, there's a ret paladin complaining in the big PTR discussion thread about how Warriors heal more than ret paladins with Victory Rush, than WoG.

I lol'd hard
90 Orc Warrior
02/24/2013 07:34 AMPosted by Erebos
Nice mog Sam :o

HEY THANKS

It should have done better in the mog contest but I'M NOT BITTER AT ALL.
1 Tauren Shaman
But dude, the judges favored blue!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]