why cant i invite someone to a party?

4 Pandaren Warrior
hello everyone. i just bought the game like a hour ago and it seems that i keep getting something telling me that i have a starter account. why is that when i actually paid for the battlechest
Edited by Wijun on 2/22/2013 11:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
After upgrading, it can take up to 72 hours for all starter edition restrictions to be lifted.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Plus, if you're trying to invite someone on a Pandaren character, you might not be able to until you reach level 10 and choose your faction. That might not be true for Pandas in the starting zone inviting other un-allied Pandas. I don't know about that.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/23/2013 03:47 AMPosted by Liaeatha
Plus, if you're trying to invite someone on a Pandaren character, you might not be able to until you reach level 10 and choose your faction. That might not be true for Pandas in the starting zone inviting other un-allied Pandas. I don't know about that.

Well, how could pandas help each other quest in the starting zone if they couldn't party together? x)

My boyfriend and I did the entire Wandering Isle as a party; you can definitely party. :D You can also chat with one another perfectly fine, before you pick any different factions.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Cerylia
you can definitely party. :D

Them pandas do like to party.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
That might not be true for Pandas in the starting zone inviting other un-allied Pandas. I don't know about that.

Non-factioned pandas can only invite other non-factioned pandas (ie. all group members are still on "The Wandering Isle"). Non-factioned pandas cannot join/create groups with factioned characters of any race. Once a faction is decided for a character (for all other races besides pandas, they get their faction assigned automatically at creation based on race) they can only join/create groups with player characters of the same faction.

Wijun, once your bank/credit card company tells Blizzard that your online upgrade payment is good, the last vestiges of your "starter edition" status will be removed. This can take up to 72 hours if weekends/bank holidays occur during that time frame, often it takes much less time.

If you bought a physical copy of the game from a store then you need to log into your account management profile on battle.net, click on your starter edition WoW account, and in there you'll see a link to "upgrade with key code" then enter the long key code found inside the box you purchased. That's what tells Blizzard that you've purchased a physical copy of the game. The CD's themselves do absolutely nothing since the full and current game install can be had for free on the website.
Edited by Avanna on 2/24/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]