Difficulty in the Brawlers Guild

90 Human Warrior
I got the invitation yesterday, and since then I've gotten rank 6. However the first boss in rank 6 is Yikkan Izu, the boss that resembles raven lord. I've tried both fury and arms and have made multiple attempts as both specs. I can't seem to get the smaller birds down fast enough before they overwhelm me. As arms I use victory rush as often as I can and keep sweeping strikes up constantly. As fury I would try to just quickly kill 2 adds then swap back towards the boss, while using victory rush as often as possible.

I would really appreciate some advice from another warrior who has defeated the boss, and I would like to hear your strategy. Thanks :)

PS: Here's the boss I'm talking about,
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68256#comments
Edited by Prolossus on 2/24/2013 1:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Eon
You should kill every add as soon as they come up

Otherwise you end up needing to single target and then get overwhelmed
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You shouldn't have much trouble zerging that guy. PvP gear hurts your ability to do that, but on most servers, Mystic and Smooth gems are both dirt cheap.

Fury has better burst at the pull. In an exact sequence, you should really do this. Each line is one GCD.
Charge+BT
Heroic Throw
Do nothing
Recklessness+BT
Bloodbath+Skull Banner+Dragon Roar+Deadly Calm
Colossus Smash
Heroic Strike+Raging Blow
Heroic Strike+BT
Heroic Strike+Raging Blow
Heroic Strike+Raging Blow(Use berserker rage for this if the necessary crits for that many raging blows haven't happened for you, that'll be down to RNG but at the least you should be able to do that exact sequence without trouble.)

From there, a normal fury rotation will get you the kill. I'd advise you to drop a thunder clap when the bird number escalates, to reduce their damage, but if that kills them, either don't bother or use DbtS. Or just use DbtS instead. Make sure you use a potion at the pull, it's crucial to maxing your burst. Heroic leap somewhere inside the first CS window while bloodbath, reck, and your pot are all up, that'll easily be 300k damage after bloodbath.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/24/2013 07:38 AMPosted by Rackemwilly
I just popped all of my CDs at the start as Fury. Most of the bosses until rank7 (I think?) died in seconds.

I pretty much did the same. The Dark Summoner stonewalled me for a couple of attempts and downed Battletron on my second attempt.

Get more PvE gear is my only advice, there's videos on youtube for everything else.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
02/24/2013 07:38 AMPosted by Rackemwilly
I just popped all of my CDs at the start as Fury. Most of the bosses until rank7 (I think?) died in seconds.

I did this also. Had to go prot for GG, and Summoner is still giving me troubles.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/24/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Aiyanna

I did this also. Had to go prot for GG, and Summoner is still giving me troubles.

I am still stuck on Battletron I always hit the enrage...
Reply Quote
For Yikkan just do it as Arms and keep sweeping strikes up/tclap a lot.

I went all the way to Dark Summoner in Malv/Dreadful with a T1 weapon.

You should be blowing through it in T2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]