Ret and haste

15 Dwarf Paladin
Hi everyone, I'm ret. My ilvl is just under 500 and I'm slinging about 31-34% haste (8.5k-8.8k rating).

The primary value of haste is to decrease the cooldown between most of our rotational abilities. Its secondary value is to increase our melee swing rate.

Seeing as how I raid consistently with <25fps and around 250ms (life sucks), I was wondering if it would be better for gemming (but not enchanting/reforging) to go for pure str/str+haste/str+hit gems instead of haste/haste+str/haste+hit gems.

Any thoughts are welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
what are you currently pulling dps wise?
Reply Quote
15 Dwarf Paladin
70-80k, nromally around 75, but this is on dummy without buffs. Yes, I should provide proper raid dps data, but it's hard to find a non-gimmicky fight this tier (I'm sure I'll think of one AFTER posting, naturally...)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Be nice if you posted your armory, would help alot
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I sit at about 30-60 FPS depending on the boss and what is being done it. I also do not have the 10% melee haste buff in my raid, but manage quite fine with my 9.6k haste.

Edit: I also have about 200~ish ms
Edited by Inares on 2/24/2013 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It is ALWAYS best to run your toon through simcraft. This is the ONLY way to determine the correct answer to your question.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
From what I understand you never should gem hit. Reforge hit. I would gem strength and strength/ haste. After reforging to cap out hit and exp, reforge haste. I'd prob try to have at least 10% crit and the rest to mastery.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/25/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Maxximus
It is ALWAYS best to run your toon through simcraft. This is the ONLY way to determine the correct answer to your question.

Whenever I see words like ALWAYS and ONLY, the I can be almost sure that it's wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
To be honest, last I checked the gains of haste gemming over strength was pretty minute at this point in the expansion. So my recomendation would be to do str>haste if you feel you aren't getting the full "effect" of your haste. Either way, it's still your choice.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Thadium

Whenever I see words like ALWAYS and ONLY, the I can be almost sure that it's wrong.

Using a calculator to give you correct results is not one of those wrong things.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Thadium

So using a calculator that is guaranteed to be right is now considered wrong?
Lol, fail.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Says the guy who wasted VP on the Shieldwall trinket. lol. Good-luck bro!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]