Ask Mvp.

90 Human Paladin
Why do the majority of people in this game care about arena ratings so much?
I'm going to put my spin on this question.

Think back to ancient Rome. There was a great army and there were gladiators who fought in the arena. If you were a soldier in the army you were nothing more to the city than a soldier who fought other soldiers for their Emperor. Great wars outcomes were based off three things; leaders, numbers and strategy. After a war only the leaders would get credit for their winnings. A knight is nothing more than a knight who fights for someone, or something.

Now look at life through a gladiators perspective. You start as a peasant sentenced to die in an arena for mass entertainment. The wealthy and poor would go to the arena and watch as two gladiators face up to the death. If you were successful relying on no one but yourself everyone loved you. The soldiers, the wealthy, the royal, the poor, other gladiators

But why do these certain people care about arena rating so much? Do they do it to get the fame swifty has? If thats the case they will never get it. Do they do it just to talk !@#$ on other players who dont have high ratings like them? If thats the case then they are just sad and pathetic. Do they do it because they want to be the number 1 player in WoW? If thats the case they will never be number 1 nobody will. I laugh at those types of people and just feel so bad for them with the amount of time they waste.
Edited by Grant on 2/26/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
If you want to be another one of Reszos army then enjoy yourself, but once you pursue your own name and glory you will feel all the greater.
02/24/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Grant
All i do all day is fly around SW, sit in the middle of SW, might do some bg's, and then wait for Reszo's call for wpvp

Before the thread goes on a tangent.

Mvp. When is your video coming out that you promised? A week from now and it'll no longer be relevant
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I said it was for this season, so clearly after the season is over - -!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Bustt
If you want to be another one of Reszos army then enjoy yourself, but once you pursue your own name and glory you will feel all the greater.

I dont want to try and pursue anything in this game to hopefully be well known by everybody who plays WoW. Thats just a waste of time because it will never happen to me or anybody trying to do it now. I perfer to be a nobody to people who dont know me like everybody else in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Mvp, why is it only people who can't achieve high ratings say that arena doesn't matter?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Scyleia
Mvp, why is it only people who can't achieve high ratings say that arena doesn't matter?

lol high ratings dont matter. A high rated player can lose a duel to a low rated player any day. I have seen it happen plenty of times. Now before you can say it, your probably going to say, "duels dont matter they arent balanced." Thats true they arent balanced but, nothing in this game is balanced so there you have it.
Edited by Grant on 2/26/2013 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/26/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Scyleia

Cause they're jealous that they're terrible at this game and the likes of us amazing players grace them with our presence. They see us with the achievements while we flaunt that and our amazing mounts that they only wish to have. They see that they will never achieve what we have reached. So of course they say arena doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/26/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Grant

lol high ratings dont matter. A high rated player can lose a duel to a low rated player any day. I have seen it happen plenty of times. Now before you can say it, your probably going to say, "duels dont matter they arent balanced." Thats true they arent balanced but, nothing in this game is balanced so there you have it.

Duels don't matter. Massive MULTIPLAYER Online Role-Playing Game. The game revolves around 3v3 and PvE balance, not duels or world PvP.

02/26/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Silveran

Cause they're jealous that they're terrible at this game and the likes of us amazing players grace them with our presence. They see us with the achievements while we flaunt that and our amazing mounts that they only wish to have. They see that they will never achieve what we have reached. So of course they say arena doesn't matter.

Thank you, oh wise Mvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If u pvp, ur obviously trying to beat another player, do u go world pvp in hopes of being destroyed by the other team? The whole point of pvp is to win, higher rating=winning more, Rating shows if ur actually decent at ur class or not, obviously there are good people with !@#$ty rating, but i dont understand how u say rating means nothing when rating pretty much=100% of what ur skill lvl is at

I dont like getting involved in threads but some comments just baffle me
Edited by Slug on 2/26/2013 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If u pvp, ur obviously trying to beat another player, do u go world pvp in hopes of being destroyed by the other team? The whole point of pvp is to win, higher rating=winning more, Rating shows if ur actually decent at ur class or not, obviously there are good people with !@#$ty rating, but i dont understand how u say rating means nothing when rating pretty much=100% of what ur skill lvl is at

I dont like getting involved in threads but some comments just baffle me

It's the players that can't get high ratings that complain and cry and say that ratings don't mean anything. They're just bitter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Silveran

Jealousy isnt apart of me because I'm a Christian. High ratings dont matter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Grant

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors rating?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Jealousy is apart of everyone, it's what makes you human. Stop being bitter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors rating?

Im not jealous i truly do not care about ratings they dont matter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Not everybody. I dont get jealous of what others have that i dont have. Because jealousy leads to anger, and anger leads to hatred, and hatred leads to violence, and violence leads to death.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Not everybody. I dont get jealous of what others have that i dont have. Because jealousy leads to anger, and anger leads to hatred, and hatred leads to violence, and violence leads to death.

Ok, Yoda.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Ok, Yoda.

I was literally about to say the exact same
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Ok, Yoda.

Your welcome, Luke.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Don't know if this is the most elaborate troll, or just super serious.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]